MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

A380 minor incident at Bangkok

Super jumbo proves hard to manoeuvre

From correspondents in Bangkok

September 01, 2007 02:59pm

Article from: Agence France-Presse

THE Airbus A380 has hit an airport hangar in Bangkok, forcing the world's largest passenger jet to delay its take-off today on a demonstration tour.

The bump caused slight damage to the left wing of the double-decker plane, an Airbus official said.

The A380 arrived in Bangkok yesterday on the first leg of its four-city Asian tour, and was to make a round trip from Bangkok to Thailand's northern tourist hub, Chiang Mai, early today.

But the bump forced the plane to delay its departure for several hours, the official said, adding that the accident happened because of miscommunication between pilots and ground staff.

The super jumbo will fly to Hanoi tomorrow and will be a showcase of Asia's largest air show in Hong Kong as it is expected to fly across the city's famous Victoria harbour on Monday.

The A380 will then arrive on Wednesday in Seoul, the last stop of the Airbus promotional tour.

Singapore Airlines is set to become the first company to fly the A380 on October 25 with a journey from Singapore to Sydney - its first commercial flight.

An online auction for that trip is under way with bidders offering thousands of dollars for coveted seats on the super jumbo.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22344742-1702,00.html

"The super jumbo will fly to Hanoi tomorrow"

Wonder why...I know Vietnam Airlines is a staunch Airbus operator, but would they be interested in some Three Eighties ?

dont they have some kind of proximity warning built around the aircraft?

i mean its a fly-by-wire plane... even cars have that...

just a thought...

"The super jumbo will fly to Hanoi tomorrow"

Wonder why...I know Vietnam Airlines is a staunch Airbus operator, but would they be interested in some Three Eighties ?

Agree Uncle Pieter!!!! :drinks:

Vietnamese economy is booming, it will over take Malaysia in 5 to 10 years. By that time, it will certainly can afford to buy A380.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

I have just received confirmation from my cousin in Hong Kong that the A380 involved in the incident has landed at Hong Kong International Airport to perform the fly over at HK harbour tomorrow. ;)

Sneeze, snap snap and snap ;)

Sign in to follow this