MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
bbfarn02

World AIrline Awards

part of the results have been annoucement...

World Airline Awards

Singapore Airlines is the biggest winner this time

Sixth place goes to Malaysia Airlines, moving up from three their 2006 result, but they should be delighted to learn that they are back to winning ways in 2007, taking the world's Best Cabin Staff Award. It is a title that Malaysia Airlines picked up in a number of previous years, losing their crown to Thai Airways last year.

Edited by bbfarn02

Ugh....Thai at number 2... :blink:

And I guess Qantas and BA have stopped bribing the people that do these rankings to keep themselves in the top 2? :p

Then again what else could I expect from Skytrash...

Edited by Keith T

Air New Zealand in 7th position? Gotta be shitting me... Skytrash indeed!! :D

However, the Best Cabin Staff award seems reasonable and very close to what I have experienced!

Edited by S V Choong

Air New Zealand in 7th position?

That's one airline I expect to do better though. I think their products are of a rather high standard. The NZ J cabins seem much nicer than QF's current J cabins - and that's coming from a QF fan. ;)

Just noticed the alliance rankings - try organising RTWs with all 3 alliances and you'd have a very different ranking...

Lounge rankings - rather accurate for J, but complete bullshit for F. LH FCT and CX Wing/Pier below TG and QR? Doesn't take a frequent flyer to point out the discrepancy...

Edited by Keith T

Emirates dropped down, no surprise, their biz product is a total joke, and how MH could be way up there, especially from the bad experience I heard of.

Congrat to MH for Best Cabin Staff award, that one has no doubt!!!! :drinks:

what happened to BA? according to the site they got 1st last year

As I mentioned earlier - BA and QF (who was 2nd last yr or the yr before) probably stopped using Skytrax;s consulting services (oops I meant bribing...). I love BA and QF dearly but there's no way in hell I'd rank either carrier that high up. Top 5 maybe but definitely not better than the likes of SQ.

Edited by Keith T

As I mentioned earlier - BA and QF (who was 2nd last yr or the yr before) probably stopped using Skytrax;s consulting services (oops I meant bribing...)

Except that skytrax wrote that they don't accept bribery like others do. :D

Best Alliance 2007

1. Star Alliance 2. Sky Team 3. One World.

Best IFE 2007

1. Emirates 2. Singapore Airlines 3. Cathay Pacific 4. Korean Air 5. Virgin Atlantic

Congrats to MH for winning best First class and Business class lounge in KUL - 6th position in both categories!

Edited by S V Choong

Except that skytrax wrote that they don't accept bribery like others do. :D

They do offer consulting services to airlines. Bribery in a more subtle form perhaps. BA and QF must have forgotten to send their cheques to Skytrax this year.

In any case Skytrax is a load of tosh and SQ's refusal to acknowledge the 'award' when it won it in 2004 speaks volumes of what they think of the organisation: "Skytrax is not the benchmark by which we measure our performance against other airlines, and we don't treat a single click-to-vote award as a representation of the airline's total performance. For the record, nor did we when we topped the Skytrax award in 2004."

And are there any awards that aren't a joke these days? There are so many around with dubious methodologies that most airlines can drum one or two of these things up and use it for their marketing. Someone pointed out on another forum the 'best LCCT in Asia' award for the KUL LCCT - at last count there are only 2 LCCTs in Asia. Didn't stop them from making and displaying a huge banner proclaiming their 'win' though.

I think nothing beats first hand experience, and perhaps trip reviews from people who've actually experienced the different airlines, airports etc. :)

Edited by Keith T

They do offer consulting services to airlines. Bribery in a more subtle form perhaps. BA and QF must have forgotten to send their cheques to Skytrax this year.

In any case Skytrax is a load of tosh and SQ's refusal to acknowledge the 'award' when it won it in 2004 speaks volumes of what they think of the organisation: "Skytrax is not the benchmark by which we measure our performance against other airlines, and we don't treat a single click-to-vote award as a representation of the airline's total performance. For the record, nor did we when we topped the Skytrax award in 2004."

And are there any awards that aren't a joke these days? There are so many around with dubious methodologies that most airlines can drum one or two of these things up and use it for their marketing. Someone pointed out on another forum the 'best LCCT in Asia' award for the KUL LCCT - at last count there are only 2 LCCTs in Asia. Didn't stop them from making and displaying a huge banner proclaiming their 'win' though.

I think nothing beats first hand experience, and perhaps trip reviews from people who've actually experienced the different airlines, airports etc. :)

agree with your point there keith. some, if not all, the claims made by the airlines or airport or even other businesses are merely marketing strategies to gain people attention. how else could they attract people to use their services if the don't boast about it in such a way, right? :D

Congrats MH, I think you deserve the award for the Best Cabin Staff !! I voted for you guys !!!

However, the other airline awards are seriously worth re-looking at, especially the service

standards. I am not going to mention the airlines but seriously needs some reconsideration !!!

Congrats MH and the others who sincerely made it !!!

:drinks:

congratulations to all MH crews :drinks:. hoping u'll maintain good service all year round.

just a bit sad, best economy class has gone to SQ. :sorry:

I can't believe how SQ can win such a title !!!!! Robots rule I guess !!!

:angry:

I can't believe how SQ can win such a title !!!!! Robots rule I guess !!!

:angry:

That's one part of the award I did agree with though. ;) What's robotic to some is sleek and professional to others. I've personally never found the SQ crew robotic in any way, shape or form. And I wonder if those people who make these comments about robots actually fly SQ on a regular basis or are simply 15 year old keyboard only-experts (ie a.net) repeating a cliche over and over again. However I'd have to concede that MH has comfier seating in YCL, unless you're stuck in the middle row of 5 in the 777.

I've also had many a cabin crew share their 'true feelings' with me on several other airlines especially when they're having a bad day, and so if robotic means consistently good I know which I'd rather have.

What I found strange was TG at number 2. IMO CX, QF and BA....even MH and NZ all ought to have done better than TG. The lack of a First Class product probably hindered NZ but at least they're consistently good which is more than what I can say about TG.

Edited by Keith T

Based on my last experience with SQ last month, I don't find their F/As robotic too. They are actually on par with MH if not better.

Im proud that MH had once again being awarded the best cabin crew airline for 2007....By the way, I voted for the IFE recently and i wonder, whether it counts or not?

I dun even know why they call SQ steward robotic, flew with them 4 times, they are all gentle and nice, just not as friendly as MH one.

I've flown with SQ only twice. They were all friendly. I know what robot is and i don't think they are robotic at all. They always smile with you everytime they hand something to you ... and say thank you and see you again when we're leaving the plane.

As for MH, i found the cabin crew working on the widebodies to be much friendlier compared to those working on 734. Some MAS cabin crew on the 734 can be so unpleasant.

Edited by Isaac

I've flown with SQ only twice. They were all friendly. I know what robot is and i don't think they are robotic at all. They always smile with you everytime they hand something to you ... and say thank you and see you again when we're leaving the plane.

As for MH, i found the cabin crew working on the widebodies to be much friendlier compared to those working on 734. Some MAS cabin crew on the 734 can be so unpleasant.

In my most humble opinion, i think the cabin crew on board B734 are more friendly and approachable. In wide bodies, those senior crew can tends to be nasty sometimes. :rolleyes:

Compared with MH, SQ cabin crews are more elegant. Most men feel intimidated or inferior by elegant girls, hence, find them less friendly. :pardon:

:drinks:

I never though tthat u can compare crew friendliness by equipment they work on. Here my two cents, I know that widebody crews are friendlier than narrow, I guess because it's a short flight, mostly and everything in rush, sometime they even forgot to serve you. Not like widebody, the flight mostly long, where the crew could talk, sit and eat with you, take the time :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

Sign in to follow this