MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

SQ's first A380 takes-off

Posted July 19 on A-net.1237090cx0.jpgF-WWSA rumored to become "9V-SKA"...How to buy empat ekor for this one?Empat ekor = Malay for lottery based on 4 numbers.

Anyone knows when SQ is going to receive their 9V-SKA A380-841?

When will they put into service?

By the way, I have seen photo of the first A380 painted with Qantas' Skippy at the tail.

Also it is rumoured that MAS had picked the GP alliance powerplant for their A380, thus it will be known as A380-861.

Edited by S V Choong

Really?? I was pretty sure that MAS had gone with the RR Trent 900??

9V-SKA will be heading down to Singapore in around September I believe. She will presently be utilised for SIA training purposes in Toulouse until being brought to Singapore where she will be further utilised for that purpose and will only enter revenue service in Nov-2007 to SYD as the first destination. Will try get more detailed info!

Really?? I was pretty sure that MAS had gone with the RR Trent 900??

Not sure but this is according to what I have read from one website. They could be wrong!

Hope they will do endorsement flights and training flights to KUL .

Hehehe

It was actually desired... however.... I have heard contrary to this that the "Malaysian authorities" are not game to let an SQ A380 be the first to use KLIA.. and subsequently, most endorsement/training flights will be out over the south china sea... with frequent stops and crew changes in WSSS throughout the day.. I hope this isn't true though..

When will they put into service?

SV is itching to fly as passenger onboard? I'm also itching. I recall reading elsewhere it will serve LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD...is this true? Love to see it operate SIN-TPE-LAX.

It was actually desired... however.... I have heard contrary to this that the "Malaysian authorities" are not game to let an SQ A380 be the first to use KLIA.. and subsequently, most endorsement/training flights will be out over the south china sea... with frequent stops and crew changes in WSSS throughout the day.. I hope this isn't true though..

What I heard was different...

The 'Malaysian authorities" have received requests for from SQ for route proving flights to KUL,

just watch the dates in October... :rolleyes:

SV is itching to fly as passenger onboard? I'm also itching. I recall reading elsewhere it will serve LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD...is this true? Love to see it operate SIN-TPE-LAX.

Indeed I am.... but I am grounded for now by my lecturer to ensure I m getting my Masters. Yes, SQ's first A380 trip is SIN-SYD. They should do so as I have seen 3x SQ 744 at one time at SYD...

Well it makes sense - KLIA is A380 ready - but so too is BKK.

IMO KUL is preferable due nearer proximity to SIN and hence more route proving flights can be squeezed in! Of course, all these with no pax and cargo - just up and down all day long - superb conditions for spotting!

F-WWSA rumored to become "9V-SKA"

Should be no rumor, Denny: just look at the nosewheel door and underneath the wing :pardon:

I think the Malaysian authority should allow SQ to come in, so they can sort out the teething problem before the arrival of MAS' A380. ;)

What I heard was different...

The 'Malaysian authorities" have received requests for from SQ for route proving flights to KUL,

just watch the dates in October... :rolleyes:

yerp...it was stated in the contract book of the upgrading KLIA project that SQ will do a touch n go at KUL..sometimes end of the year...but nothing concrete on this yet..

Yes, it will be good for SQ to do endorsement or related flights to KUL so KUL could sort out the theething things before MH A380 arrives.

It will be exciting to see A380 t-n-g at KUL. Hoped to be informed then.

Sign in to follow this