MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Yohan

my cover letter

salams yohan...

don't worry mate....its always good to get different people's ideas and suggestions. I needed lots of help from various people in drafting my c.v. and applying for jobs - and I still need more ideas now.

You learn something new everyday. Go on, be brave and aim high! good luck to you insyaAllah.

i agree with Izanee there, but please, don't just replicate someone else's work. it'll be nice if you used that only as a reference and come up with your own one. furthermore, your cover letter doesn't have to be so bombastic. good luck Yohan!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support....FYI I'm going to Singapore this coming Friday (by bus not air :sorry: )

The reasons of my short visit would be:

1) to send by hand my resume and application letter for SQ Cadet Pilot... :)

2) to visit my stewardess gf

3) to spot the new Queen of the sky :yahoo: will be around till Sunday......yet to know the A380 schedule..

4) to buy some A380 merchandise especially the 1st day letter and stamp :rolleyes:

my Q's :

- any recommendation on affordable accommodation?

- any advice on my attempt to send by hand my application for Cadet Pilot?

- anyone free, wanna meet up there can contact/sms me 019-2617475...

- any recommendation on hobby shops/collectors stuff?

guess today is one the best day of my lifes so far ->

Dear Mr Ibrahim,

We refer to your application for the above postion.

We would be pleased if you could present yourself for an interview at {3.45 pm} on {15 December 07} at the Langkawi Room, Traders Hotel Penang, Magazine Road, 10300 Penang, Malaysia.

In connection with the above, please see a qualified doctor (optician not acceptable) for a visual acuity eye-test with and without optical aids (Snellen's Chart) and colour vision test (Ishihara) and submit the original copy of the report on the day of the interview. The cost of the eye-test and colour vision test will be on your own account.

Please also bring the original and a photocopy each of your birth certificate, all educational certificates, testimonials and any other supporting documents on the day of the interview.

Please upload a digital passport-sized photograph of yourself onto your personal profile which you have submitted. The photo must be in JPEG format (.jpg or jpeg) not exceeding 30KB. You can access your personal profile through the Career Portal in our website. Please upload your photograph in the section "My Profile - Manage Your Files" and click "Add".

Please also ensure that you have updated your application profile and ascertained that the information is accurate, prior to the interview.

I would be grateful if you could reply latest by {12 Dec 07} to confirm your attendance at the interview. In the email, please insert your Full Name and Interview Date/Time as the Subject Header.

If you do not respond through e-mail by this date, we will treat your application as having been withdrawn and will remove your name from our interview schedules.

Kindly note that any expenses (including travel expenses) incurred by you in connection with this interview will be your own responsibility.

We look forward to seeing you.

for and on behalf of

Singapore Airlines Group

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Good luck and all the best Yohan.
now need to study a lot of stuff on SIA..all these time was more focus on MAS.......even BOD also yet to memorize, i guess i find it difficult to memorize chineese names...all look the same to me :sorry:

1) anyone can advice me where to do the visual acuity eye-test with and without optical aids (Snellen's Chart) and colour vision test (Ishihara)?

2) today sultan selangor's birthday, Hospital Mata Tun Hussein Onn open or not :help:

3) any other tips on the 1st interview are really2 welcomed ........

regards,

-Yohan-

congratulations Yohan. i hope you get the job, insyaAllah.

some tips - dress smartly. wear a suit. cut your hair. look smart.

sit forward, look interested. don't slouch. don't fidget.

first impressions count. what you say early on will make a difference. sometimes its too late if you do a comeback later on in the interview as some people already have made their minds up - or switched off completely.

be enthusiastic. know why you want the job and why you want to work for SQ. know about SQ and the job.

make sure that THEY know you REALLY really want the job. think of important questions they may ask you. i'm not the best person on that - so ask around - leech etc etc. who are already SQ pilots.

think of answers to the common questions. need to be prepared and not look like rabbits caught in headlights when they ask you something.

also think of reasons WHY they should pick YOU rather than anyone else.

you don't always have to come up with an amazing or unique answer - the important point is that you say it with enthusiasm, confidence and sincerity.

Just relax and be yourself. Good luck and you'll do fine. Hope you find this helpful.

LAST OF ALL - PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!

Edited by Izanee

my God!!

how can i miss reading this thread?

u know wat? i missed the chance of applying last january (was it february? i dont remember)

and now i missed another chance

aiyooo...

seems like i hv to wait for another intake

but i think s.ramani has a point there

i mean when he said it is ongoing

btw, i wish u all the best yohan!!!

no one wishing me luck? :(

i had the same letter, juz that my time of interview will be at 1515hrs, a bit earlier. I posted on the other thread, i missed this 1. so i guess i'll be there too ya!!

Victor.

Thanks guys for tips......sadly currently at work...only can study during nite time...i cant take leave for these 3days...since got an important dateline to commit.... :sorry: gosh i hate the situation..........+ they notify me at last minute....

so friday nite/saturday morning will drive up to Penang........ :) anyone going there plz do give a call 019-2617475....maybe can meetup..hehe.....my car will be with a malaysianwingspotter sticker at my rear windscreen..and i'll be parking near traders hotel, wherever that is...jockey parking maybe(or just under the hotel if its too expensive..haha)....if u guys see a JJJ, that's me :p ..i'll be wearing a grey suit..white shirt..black shoes...and black or blue tie...yet to decide......hope its not to over dress :huh:

Edited by Mohd Yohan

good luck.. you might want to think abt flying to PEN instead of driving, cos I'm sure the drive + the jam (i understand road north of Rawang is single lane) will tire u out unncessarily....

Edited by tsentsan

the worst jam to penang is the stupid !@#!@#!@## penang bridge !! Greenlane jam .. GeorgeTown Jam ... jam jam jam everywhere

Make sure u plan your journey well, especially crossing penang bridge.

My record time to move 30km+ is about 3 hours.

All the best for both of you :D

the worst jam to penang is the stupid !@#!@#!@## penang bridge !! Greenlane jam .. GeorgeTown Jam ... jam jam jam everywhere

Make sure u plan your journey well, especially crossing penang bridge.

My record time to move 30km+ is about 3 hours.

All the best for both of you :D

im planning to drive there....to book a ticket i guess a bit too late by now...the traffic so bad arr :o so if im planning to be there lets say around 3pm this saturday........what time should I move from KL? singgle lane somemore :o crazy...if lets say I move between 12am - 6am...would that be alright? i mean what time is the peak hour? even on saturdays jam teruk ka? plz advice.....

p/s still looking for a decent map on the net....anyone...

im planning to drive there....to book a ticket i guess a bit too late by now...the traffic so bad arr :o so if im planning to be there lets say around 3pm this saturday........what time should I move from KL? singgle lane somemore :o crazy...if lets say I move between 12am - 6am...would that be alright? i mean what time is the peak hour? even on saturdays jam teruk ka? plz advice.....

p/s still looking for a decent map on the net....anyone...

I say you should be out not later than 8.30am. I assume the journey from KL to PEN without speeding should take about four and half hours, I have included the 15 minutes of break at R&R stops.

The jam at Penang Bridge is really unpredictable, one accident might cause the whole bridge traffic crawling.

Oh yeah .. Google Maps is very detailed about the roads, I might help you to locate it.

Edit: Go to google maps, type in Traders Hotel, Penang. Click on the first search result n it will bring you straight to Jalan Magazine. It is pretty near to Weld Quay(Penang Jetty). Be very careful of the one way street roads at GeorgeTown.

Edited by Loh Wilson

let me know if u gonna fly there, i can pick u up at wmkp.

hi tze shan...thanks for the offer....i'll be driving there...

anyway my no 0192617475

cheers

if you really want to be sure - either leave the night before or leave early in the morning. like 6-7 am. make sure you arrive in plenty time so you don't have to rush. drive safely mate!

Sign in to follow this