MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Loh Wilson

what to do during cruising for pilot in the cockpit?

I am just curious what can the pilot can do during cruising besides keep an eye on the equipment? If cross continent, the pilot take turns to nap? Where they take their nap, the same place where they fly the plane ? :p

How did pilot deal with jet lag ? I guess their job is required to having irregular sleeping time. :mellow:

I know I know .. a lot of stupid question from me :rofl: :rofl: Please bear with my stupid questions, yet I find it is interesting.

I am just curious what can the pilot can do during cruising besides keep an eye on the equipment? If cross continent, the pilot take turns to nap? Where they take their nap, the same place where they fly the plane ? :p

There is a crew rest bunk normally or a seat will be allocated for them .

haha...i guess it is alright to ask this question because there is alot of people always having the thought that the plane is flown by autopilot and everything is in control by the "computer system" which makes the pilot job look so easy. but the truth is it is only helps them to reduce their workload.

my words for them out there.

a) always looking into procedures incase of any emergency or adverse situation such as

engine failure in-flight,rapid depressurisation or any types of non normal condition that does

not allow the flight to proceed to its destination.

B) weather? for the comfort of passengers...

and remember this is always done constantly to avoid any ambiguity on decision making i believe and reduce the workload as well when a crisis occur.

just my 2 cents.

remember the pilot tells the computer what to do not the computer tells what the computer to do=)

How did pilot deal with jet lag ? I guess their job is required to having irregular sleeping time. :mellow:

I know I know .. a lot of stupid question from me :rofl: :rofl: Please bear with my stupid questions, yet I find it is interesting.

You can also take a nap at the cockpit seat wat, of course take turn with captain.

Jet leg is part of parcel of long haul flight. If u do not wish to be trouble by sleeping problem, work for regional airline like airasia or silkair who go home every night ( i envy them!).

Medicine for flu that can cause drowsiness is very helpful & safe to induce sleep at non-normal hours for us.

You can also take a nap at the cockpit seat wat, of course take turn with captain.

Jet leg is part of parcel of long haul flight. If u do not wish to be trouble by sleeping problem, work for regional airline like airasia or silkair who go home every night ( i envy them!).

Medicine for flu that can cause drowsiness is very helpful & safe to induce sleep at non-normal hours for us.

oic .. Good explaination :p err .. Do you mean often u will take flu medicine to help you to sleep? It really bring no harm? I feel cough mixture is super effective on me :angry: once I drink it .. next moment I am on the bed :p I know cough mixture surely bring side effect if consume too much:P Addiction is one of the side effects :p

And pilots do walk around the cabin a lot of time, couple of time I saw them sitting at the biz class section, once saw a pilot chatting with his family at the back.

I'm sure they envy u too! :lol:

Latest trend nowadays play Sudoku.

I'm sure they envy u too! :lol:

Latest trend nowadays play Sudoku.

Or read the inflight library. Normaly it is the Star and NST.

And pilots do walk around the cabin a lot of time, couple of time I saw them sitting at the biz class section, once saw a pilot chatting with his family at the back.

One time for my pray, the F/A was asking the pilot himself in the galley about the direction of Mecca, which in turn the pilot phone the cockpit (I think) to get the direction.

I think for a long haul and overnights flights, there are two set of Captain and First Officer.

So I think the one that's walk around is the one whose not on duty.

One time for my pray, the F/A was asking the pilot himself in the galley about the direction of Mecca, which in turn the pilot phone the cockpit (I think) to get the direction.

I think for a long haul and overnights flights, there are two set of Captain and First Officer.

So I think the one that's walk around is the one whose not on duty.

sure they are not on duty :p if on duty , who is going to monitor the plane :lol:

Sudoku, my sister is uber addicted to it. She got a super thick book to play with

Edited by Loh Wilson

sure they are not on duty :p if on duty , who is going to monitor the plane :lol:

Well, there's "autopilot" :rofl:

Sudoku, my sister is uber addicted to it. She got a super thick book to play with

Some say its better than chess

Actually do they? I mean for those who are from Penang, working with AK..

Can they choose to operate into PEN as the last duty every night? :rolleyes:

Loh Wilson,

tell your sister she's wasting her time with the superthick book...later in life she might regret it...

Edited by Norhisham K

well for the really long cruises the captain could be studying the overhead panel while the F/O does the paperwork,read the papers,and monitor the flight..:-)

Sign in to follow this