MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Flight experience

I was on my last sector on my flight on my LHR trip on last Sun, 10/06/2007 from KUL-BKI. Sorry to say that this must be the worst and amazing flight to me. Upon check in to the departure hall on gate B4, the ground staff took the other portion of the boarding pass. I remained seated until the annoucement was called. The passengers were rather anxious to board the flight and i must say more than 80% queue up ..to wait for their turn to board.

However, short while later, an annoucement was made whereby they apologise since there's s miscommunication between the flight operations and them. So, we were asked to wait until it was called. Approximately 20 minutes later, we finally board the plane. It was a long queue though....and knowing that it has been delayed, the cabin crew were rather quick to assist us is embarking the plane. Shortly the MAS B777 is ready for take off and, a video presentation was screened. I was schocked to see that a MAS B747 safety video is screened. Noone seems to be alert especially the crew. I wonder if they are paying attention to the video. Noone seems to borther at all. Shortly after the plane departed from KLIA...the Captain made an annoucement in both BM and English. Again, i was surprise to hear him announcing that we are expected to arrive in BKI @ 1245 wherelse the bahasa malaysia annoucement is 2345.

After 2 hrs and 1o minutes flight, the MAS B77 9MMRM finaly landed in KKIA. After went through the immigration, i went to collect my luggage and this time....the flight no was not displayed on the screen. Then, all the luggage suddenly came from another carousal whereby the tv screen displayed another flight no. This is the wort flight i ever been...i will remember this flight MH080 which dated 10/6. Im sure manys here has a good and worst flight experience or memory to o....Please feel free to share...and for your information, i gave the inflight service a compliments and a complaint too on the wrong video screened. :rolleyes:

Must be one of those rather 'low' days for everyone involved in that flight..it happens to all airlines at some time or another. Thanx for sharing. By the way, the baggage issues has nothing to do with MAS, just a point to note.

Probably there's some problem with the flight operation....I agreed that there may be time where everyone is low...but screening the B747 inflight safety in the B777 is a serious mistakes since it may endagering the life of the passengers in time of emergency where in this case im lucky..it's a safe flight :rolleyes:

MH 150, 6th jun 2007...KUL - JED...

cannot enter Oman airspace, turn back to Bombay, transit there for 12 hours....sleeping on the floor and airport's chairs..

Oh that's bad... The airline didn't compensate like giving hotel accomondation? How about the crew?

Shouldn't everything was well planed before a flight take off? How could the situation change that fast?

cannot enter Oman airspace, turn back to Bombay, transit there for 12 hours....sleeping on the floor and airport's chairs..

Try get compensation. I talked to Customer Relation Executive the other day. According to her, free meal will be given if fight is delayed for more than 3 hours also hotel provided for certain cases. i can't remember the details but i believe 12 hours at the airport should be counted.

Edited by Khaled

Any idea why they were denied clearance into Oman airspace?

A lot of stories came to my ears that day....one of the reason was the weather, Oman closed their airspace, no plane can pass through..

All of the reasons was acceptable, but the things that we sleep on the floor was really unacceptable..no MH crew, no nothing, they leave us like beggars at BOM terminal.. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

we were very very exhausted with the jet-lag, no privacy for womens, no bath, no bed, just a blanket that we took from the plane...people keep staring at us and keep asking, "who are they???" answer, "we are MH pax, on our way to JED, and suddenly became beggars at your place.."

the announcement - just during time to eat, and the next departure time for MH 150...we need more than that, we need explanations...:angry:

I'll post some pics later....

Edited by Mohd Idham

I was booked to return on MH from LGK to KUL on Monday. However, on Sunday afternoon around 2.30pm I called MH call centre and asked if a flight was available that evening. I was told that a flight was available at 1830 and changed my booking. I was advised that I had to be at the airport latest 1700 to change my ticket.

During check-in I was told that the flight was retimed to 1955! Staff told me that a later flight had been cancelled due to low load factor and my flight was retimed to combine pax from both flights. This is no way close to the 12 hour delay mentioned but I didn't appreciate the extra hours at the airport. BTW the flight didn't depart till 2010.

On and around 6th June, Oman was hit by cyclone Gonu and probably the air space was closed because flights were suspended at Muscat airport.

Transit in Bombay for 12 hours is to allow tech crew sufficient rest.

MH flight operation should have anticipate this weather and could have re-route to avoid the cyclone.

:drinks:

On and around 6th June, Oman was hit by cyclone Gonu and probably the air space was closed because flights were suspended at Muscat airport.

Transit in Bombay for 12 hours is to allow tech crew sufficient rest.

MH flight operation should have anticipate this weather and could have re-route to avoid the cyclone.

:drinks:

12 hours for tech crew to rest in (probably nice) hotel while passengers slept (or tried to sleep) on the airport's floor!!! This is shabby. I had a horrible experience when Phuket Air's B743 went AOG in Dubai in July 2004 . . . but at least the crew stuck around (when we went onboard to collect our belongings). We were eventually put on an Emirates flight (on which service was really really bad).

I cannot imagine what would have happened if the passengers had known that during their ordeal, the crew was happily snuggled in a nice hotel. If it was a load of passengers with strong opinions, there would be a mutiny onboard. MAS must be grateful that this did not get into the press - or did it?

KC Sim

MAS must be grateful that this did not get into the press - or did it?

I'll try my best to get to the press...

A friend of mine was stranded in DPS by BA once. The aircraft was diverted there as a precaution due to the presence of smoke in the cockpit. The flight was abandoned at DPS. The captain tried to use his credit card to pay for visas for his stranded pax so they could leave the airport, but unfortunately was denied permission to do so by the Indonesian authorities - can't remember how they worked it all out in the end.

The stranded pax were given hotel rooms - this is most impressive because BA has does not operate to DPS and hence there wouldnt have been BA ground staff around to organise these things in a jiffy. In the end they canceled one of the flights out of SIN, sent the 744 to rescue pax at DPS and enabled the pax to continue their passage to SYD.

Edited by Keith T

one of the reason was the weather.......All of the reasons was acceptable, but the things that we sleep on the floor was really unacceptable..no MH crew, no nothing, they leave us like beggars at BOM terminal.. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sounds like a normal situation during winter season. Sometimes the terminal itself can turn into one star hotel.

Sometimes the terminal itself can turn into one star hotel.

Or in some cases - the planes themselves...

Sign in to follow this