MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Birmingham (BHX) United Kingdom spotting

Guys,

As you've, undoubtedly, noticed from my signature, I spent a few hours spotting at Birmingham International Airport on the 10th of May 2007, especially for the Air India 777, the PIA 777 and the UK charter airlines :pardon:

Here are a few pictures shot during these 6 hours:

Welcome to BHX Int Airport; here you see the old (historic) terminal, now in use for the General Aviation flights (note the two wings at either side, where aircraft were parked underneath to facilitate dry embarking and disembarking of passengers):

BHX10may07012.jpg

First goal was the AI Tripple Seven (apologies for the blurred shot: this is caused by the many small dots on the window :angry: ):

BHX10may07002.jpg

Flybe is the first UK airline to operate the E-195 Jungle Jet:

BHX10may07010.jpg

Flybe purchased the regional arm of BA recently, hence the 'white' colours of this E-145 with very small BE sticker on the nose:

BHX10may07016.jpg

Mana EK ? :pardon: Ofcourse, they do operate into BHX :good: :

BHX10may07029.jpg

Surprise visitor for me was this Turkmenistan Boeing 757-200:

BHX10may07033.jpg

PIA's Airbus 310's are banned from the EU, so what does PIA do ? :huh: Lease-in Turkish A310's :blink: :

BHX10may07042.jpg

BHX10may07043.jpg

Not exactly my aircraft, but it gives you an idea how cute BMIbaby's livery is:

BHX10may07041.jpg

These UK charter airlines operated into/out BHX during mid-day:

BHX10may07034.jpg

BHX10may07032.jpg

BHX10may07021.jpg

BHX10may07014.jpg

Hope, you've enjoyed this impression, despite not top quality (it was extremely windy there) ;)

What happen to the A310's tail? Just like water drop into a paper, and dried.

Thanks for sharing Uncle Pieter! And I like the design of the airport! Are they still using it now?

Very nice of you Pieter... thank you. My first time seeing pics of Birmingham airport. Didn't know they call E-195 as 'jungle jet'. And why PIA A310 banned in EU, any explanation?

Any pics of Birmingham itself?

Nice coverage, Pieter.. :good:

Only spotting within terminal building?...

Did you go out or was it the weather?..

Anyway PIA sent in A310 instead of T7 eh?... :(

mmm...MANA EK? Itu 'LAMA' punya EK... :blink: :blink:

ahaha..thanks for the shots and metaphorical dedication bro! :drinks:

Pieter where are the pictures of PIA 777?

Emperor,

A 777 was scheduled according to the BHX-timetable, however, they sent in the all-white Turkish A313 :yahoo:

What happen to the A310's tail? Just like water drop into a paper, and dried.

Thanks for sharing Uncle Pieter! And I like the design of the airport! Are they still using it now?

Think, they hastely removed the old logo to make the appearance all-white...only noticed it operated for PK because of their LD's...

The old Terminal is, like I said, only used by General Aviation, but I do love this 50's and typical British style...the current Terminal is quite modern...

Very nice of you Pieter... thank you. My first time seeing pics of Birmingham airport. Didn't know they call E-195 as 'jungle jet'. And why PIA A310 banned in EU, any explanation?

Any pics of Birmingham itself?

All Embraer jets are called jungle-jets AFAIK...this 195 is quite a big airplance, similar in size as the Fokker 100 !

Only PK 777's are allowed by the EU to enter their airspace...all other types, like A313's and 747's are banned (blacklisted)

because of maintenance issues...

No pictures of the city itself..was there for only 6 hours and met up with two British spotters :)

Nice coverage, Pieter.. :good:

Only spotting within terminal building?...

Did you go out or was it the weather?..

Anyway PIA sent in A310 instead of T7 eh?... :(

Thanks, bro, only the AI and BE were taking from the Terminal (dotted windows)...the runway pictures were taken from the car-park next to the GA Terminal and the TC-SGB and WW 733 were taken from Gate 57...weather was very windy and (heavy) showery at times: typical British weather, I should say...

Believe PK has a shortage of 777's to serve all their EU routes, hence the leased-in 313...

ahaha..thanks for the shots and metaphorical dedication bro! :drinks:

Unfortunately the same 777 (Bravo Lima) I saw two years ago at MAN :angry:

Unfortunately the same 777 (Bravo Lima) I saw two years ago at MAN :angry:

That's A6-EML... :blink:

TC-SGB is ex SAGA Airline's A310-303. Actually SAGA is not flying anymore in Turkish skies. They are leased their A/Cs as ACMI. AFAIK, SAGA just only serve Charter with long term contract.

That's A6-EML... :blink:

Sorry, I meant to say Mike Lima: I'm getting old, bro :sorry:

Sorry, I meant to say Mike Lima: I'm getting old, bro :sorry:

Bull...you're as young as you feel... :drinks:

50 weeks later I re-visited BHX

BHX30apr2008021.jpg

as seen from the North...

...and the following aircraft passed my Fuji-lens :pardon:

Eastern made a short visit with this 'special livery' Jetstream41 (sorry for the blurred picture: APU of Imran's airline :( ):

BHX30apr2008006.jpg

Some Flybe EMB-145's still sport the ex-BA colours:

BHX30apr2008007.jpg

Eurocypria was the only non-UK holiday charter flight seen today:

BHX30apr2008009.jpg

Dedicated to Imran - just look at the huge size of these engines :blink: :blink:

BHX30apr2008015.jpg

Another picture victimized by Imran's APU was this Air India Tripple-Seven VT-AIJ in old livery:

BHX30apr2008018.jpg

Never knew Monarch has different schemes on their A321's !!! :blink: :blink: Look at the last two windows :pardon:

BHX30apr2008020.jpg

Whats the first thing I am going to do when I get home? UPLOADING today's shots of BHX :yahoo: Fast trip report Pieter! :good:

Air India T7 in OC :clapping: . Really good Pieter! Feel I've to go there as well!

Hope to see some more of todays trip!

I'll be going to Birmingham after my exam. It's the second largest city in UK.

Birmingham always was #3. Have they kicked Manchester from nr 2 largest to the 3th place?

Air India T7 in OC :clapping: . Really good Pieter! Feel I've to go there as well!

AI is operating Amritsar-Birmingham-Toronto on this flight...

You should go there: it's a nice 'small' airport compared to MAN or LHR, but don't go there on a wednesday: it's the slowest day of the week, I was told...

Nice one for E45's/DH4's and RJ100's...

I'm not sure about who is the 2nd biggest city in UK. It's according to a friend of mine.

BTW Manchester is a nice city to visit and I visited the airport. Big airport...

FANTASTIC pictures bro...

sorry about the APU exhaust...ill tell them to use GPU's when you're there next ok? :rofl:

Sign in to follow this