MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

SBW Airport spotting

Just went to the airport this afternoon (04/02/2007),as my aunty and my cousin is arriving on MH 2266 (KCH-SBW) on 1300pm.

The SBW Taxiway was completely empty,with no aircrafts at all 4 gates <_>

Although the quality of the photos were 'so-so' :sorry: but it's not important.Sharing is our main priority here in MWings.Afterall,Sharing is caring,right? :lol:

Anyhow,do enjoy the 'so-so' photos :lol:

Found this mysterious Sikorsky S-61 chopper parked at gate 1 :blink: :yahoo:

DSC00172.jpg

The rego of the mysterious Sikorsky S-61 (Notice the Jalur Gemilang,and it's US rego) Don't have any idea who owns this chopper :mellow:

DSC00173.jpg

SBW Control Tower.So simple :lol:

DSC00174.jpg

Later,MH 2266 arrives :lol: The 1st aircraft arrived at SBW that noon :clapping:

DSC00176.jpg

Later,she turned and heads to Gate 3. (Aircraft rego:9M-MQF)

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

These two photos is dedicated to all MH B734 pilots and cabin crews,especially to Capt.Radzi,a.k.a. PapaRadzi :lol: Cheers,Capt. :drinks:

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

There were no AK and D7 flights that noon,as most of them will arrive at SBW later evening,around 1600pm. An AK flight from KCH was cancelled and also a D7 flight from MYY is also cancelled.

Mike Quebec Foxtrot is believed to be prepared for her next flight to KUL,as i've seen the cabin crews and pilots arrived at the MTB that moment.

That's all from me,and hope to hear your comments :lol:

Attention to ALL MWingers:

If you have photos of SBW ,do kindly post it here.Thanks for your attention :lol:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Hey Tamizi, thanks for sharing! I never been there and I think this is a good opportunity for me to get know of it. Haha...

Btw, maybe the chopper is one of those being grounded after the Bintulu incident? Just my 2 cents...

Hey Tamizi, thanks for sharing! I never been there and I think this is a good opportunity for me to get know of it. Haha...

Btw, maybe the chopper is one of those being grounded after the Bintulu incident? Just my 2 cents...

You're welcome,Chan :lol:

I'm not sure about it,as from my view,maybe the chopper had been parked there for couple of days.

i think ive some pics from sibu in regards to the terminal etc . will try look for it :)

FOUND SOME :)

ak2063ta9.jpg

ak179qt9.jpg

ak180mi0.jpg

ak182al9.jpg

Edited by Edwin Yii

Just received news from my cousin this evening that she will returning to BKI via KCH this friday,but still not sure about her ETD.Definately a chance for me to make a trip to the airport.Will try to snap some photos using my younger brother Sony handycam :lol:

Just received news from my cousin this evening that she will returning to BKI via KCH this friday,but still not sure about her ETD.Definately a chance for me to make a trip to the airport.Will try to snap some photos using my younger brother Sony handycam :lol:

Refering to my post above,I'll be heading to SBW airport tommorow evening,as my cousin will catch a flight to KCH (AK5927).Will try to get some photos from SBW :lol:

This is it..The weather was looking fine.Will post the photos after returning from the airport later today.Stay tuned :lol:

Alright,here's the activity at SBW this evening (09/02/2007)

ARRIVAL

FLIGHT FROM ETA GATE STATUS

D72266 MYY 1815 4 LANDED

AK5926 KCH 1920 3 LANDED

D72166 BKI 1920 4 LANDED

AK5264 KUL 2030 4 LANDED

MH2718 KUL/KCH 2140 3 LANDED

DEPARTURE

FLIGHT TO ETD GATE STATUS

D72267 MYY 1850 4 DEPARTED

D72167 BKI 1940 4 DEPARTED

AK5927 KCH 1945 4 DEPARTED

AK5265 KUL 2055 4 DEPARTED

Other Aircraft(s) at SBW

1 Sikorsky S-61 (N5193Y)

1 PDRM Cessna aircraft

1 PDRM Aerospatiele Helicopter

1 Layang-Layang Air GAF Nomad (9M-LLI)-Postal run

I will post the photo later,as i'm not in mood (Disaster struck at the airport,when our family car was broken down! I was stranded at airport for almost 3 hours!)

I will post the photo later,as i'm not in mood (Disaster struck at the airport,when our family car was broken down! I was stranded at airport for almost 3 hours!)

wait for it.,.. and sorry to hear that... :sorry:

wait for it.,.. and sorry to hear that... :sorry:

Thanks for your wishes.. :) Don't worry,i'll post it here,ok? :lol:

Alright,here's the photos.

But first,this is the weather situation at SBW on that time:

First,it was raining cat and dogs... :rolleyes:

DSC00182.jpg

The dark clouds covers the skies of SBW

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

Later,it began raining heavily and heavily...

DSC00185.jpg

Then...it ended up as a heavy thunderstorm <_>

DSC00186.jpg

After rushing to the terminal together with my mom,my uncle and my cousin,then i went to the departure hall,and later nailed this:

DSC00187.jpg

(Taken at the right side of the Main Terminal Building Complex)

Will post the photos later

Wow heavy rain in SBW... KCH HOT HOT HOT..... take ur time no rush... aiiks sorry to hear your car broke down... :sorry:

Nice photos, Tamizi. Was the last photo taken near the staircase to the right of the terminal? Good to see that they are now using the full length of the runway.

Nice photos, Tamizi. Was the last photo taken near the staircase to the right of the terminal? Good to see that they are now using the full length of the runway.

Yes, I.Wong.The last photo was taken near the staircase to the right of the terminal.

Alright, guys and gals,here's another set of photos.Enjoy ;)

Mike Golf Foxtrot was despatched for that's day flight,D72266 from City of Miri.Later she'll returned to the Resort City as D72267.

DSC00188.jpg

Alright,here's the photos of SBW Check-in counters :lol:

Pix no.1

DSC00189.jpg

So sad to see MH counters were closed down... :( While i was very happy to see the AK and D7 counters still active :)

Pix no.2

DSC00190.jpg

Lots of Courier parcels being handled.In SBW,you can see lots of courier services company including Pos Malaysia sending their parcels and documents to the MTB Complex.But you can only see this after 5.00pm.

After all passengers boarded and all the cargos were inserted to the aircraft,The Borneo Cityhopper began it's return flight to her homebase at Miri.

Starting up her engines

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

To be continued....Stay tuned for more ;)

'Pravda Vitezi'-Truth Prevails

More photos from SBW :

Borneo Cityhopper in action!

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

After the last shot,then our car broke down.........It was an nightmare for me,my mom,and my uncle!!! <_>

To be Continued...

Another batch of photos from SBW:

(Sorry if some of the photos were blur)

The Arrival of 'The Amazing Jet' :yahoo: (1st time to see her with my own eyes!)

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

Her Rego,9M-AAX

DSC00212.jpg

The colorful 'Amazing' title,even the kids love it! :lol:

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

The tail

DSC00216.jpg

Again,the colorful 'Amazing' titles :lol:

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

Then,this cute Aussie bird landed at SBW.G'day mate :hi:

DSC00219.jpg

2nd Cityhopper arrived at SBW that time.She's from BKI

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

When i take this shot,i've noticed this;wahh,your paint at the radome peeling already ah? :blink:

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

Welcome to SBW :lol: My 1st Red tail Borneo Cityhopper on my database

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

Passengers from BKI disembarking the Mike Golf Golf

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

The Amazing Jet begins it's pushback

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

Parcels were later loaded into the Nomad

DSC00234.jpg

Pushback for the 'The Amazing Jet' completed

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

What an 'Amazing' day at all <_>

DSC00237.jpg

The Red Borneo Cityhopper is ready for her return flight to BKI

DSC00238.jpg

Stay tuned for more...

Thanks to the car brake-down, you were able to spot and photograph more planes :rofl:

Thanks for sharing :good:

You're welcome,Uncle Pieter :lol:

Although the incident gives me a chance to spot and photograph more photos,but i had lost my entire mood to spot.So the photos were not quite good enough :(

Continued from the last shot...

Sorry for the quality of the photos.I was totally lost my mood (while awaiting for my dad to come to the airport)

Cityhopper Golf Golf heading to the runway

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

After Cityhopper Golf Golf departed,then another AK aircraft arrived from LCCT...It's the A320 :yahoo: Finally,a chance to nail her

DSC00245.jpg

The '50 plane and growing' logo is barely visible

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

More shots of this AK A320 (I had to take the shots on distance,as on that time my dad had arrived at the airport with our old car,which is a Mid-1970 Mitsubishi Lancer wagon.The Lancer was our good ol' warhorse,and suprisingly,she seldoms broke down!)

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

(After the last shot,we later leaves the airport with the broken down car being towed away by my dad Mitsubishi.While on the way back,i could see the MH2718 on approach,but couldn't took the photos as it was completely dark)

With that,it concludes my spotting session on February 9th,2007.Do leave comments on the photos :lol:

My next spotting trip is on Friday February 16th,where SBW is expected to receive lots of incoming flights as CNY falls on Sunday February 18.My elder brother is also returning to SBW on his CNY holiday.

Best Wishes and happy Spotting, :drinks:

Tamizi-SpeedBird-Hj Tamby ;)

Guys,any of you know technical details of SBW Airport (runway designation,runway length,etc)?

Thanks in advance.

Guys,any of you know technical details of SBW Airport (runway designation,runway length,etc)?

Thanks in advance.

More info here

Edited by Delwin A