MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Air New Zealand's Boeing 777-219/ER

user posted image

user posted image

Rego. ZK-OKA, first 777-219/ER for Air New Zealand due to arrive in Auckland on Wednesday, 28 September 2005. S.Chang told me that he might be able to shot a pic of this bird on that day. Too bad for me, I am working!!! arghh.... mad.gif

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/gener...d.main/2305451/

ZK-OKB, second 777-219/ER due to arrive mid-October.

Can't help but to say that the livery looks incredibly boring and plain.

Photos from AviationPage NZ:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

SV,

I think the plane looks kewl, perhaps not outstanding for a new plane for Air NZ.

Nevertheless, it is nice and it would be exciting to see them around sometime, perhaps in KUL too, in the next century at least!!!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

S V,

Thanks for sharing !!! But what a boring Tripple Seven livery mellow.gif

Couldn't they do better, like the new Kenya Airways colors, for instance ?

eurowhite dry.gif

put an LOTR livery on it, that rocks biggrin.gif

6708[/snapback]

Couldn't agree with you more .

I dont know whether its just me or whether its because its 5 AM and I haven't got any sleep yet

But to me , this livery , although looking rather plain , looks really nice to me

But my fav 777 livery will still be the SQ 50th Anniversary Special Livery

Gav, dare I say, perhaps you are minimalist? smile.gif No offence though. Sometimes the simpler the better!

put an LOTR livery on it, that rocks

Afraid they gonna have to put "King Kong" on it as Peter Jackson, the LOTR movie director, is now finishing off the movie soon. Or may be it is already finished smile.gif

Notice how the New Zealanders in A.net keep defending their national airline and claims that it is not a boring livery? sleep.gif

Guest Fendy
Afraid they gonna have to put "King Kong" on it as Peter Jackson, the LOTR movie director, is now finishing off the movie soon.  Or may be it is already finished smile.gif

6716[/snapback]

oh well, plastering naomi watt's face on there cant be all THAT bad smile.gif

oh well, plastering naomi watt's face on there cant be all THAT bad smile.gif

7118[/snapback]

Mandy Moore prettier!! biggrin.gif

go get em SV!!

I have "delegated" this task to S. Chang since he told me that he will be free when ZK-OKA arrives on 28 Sept 05 (Wednesday). I will definitely catch up with ZK-OKA / OKB other times smile.gif

Can't help but to say that the livery looks incredibly boring and plain.

6676[/snapback]

NO, Choong, NOOO...... I would call it simple yet elegant tongue.gif

I really like the livery.

I hope NZ won't be as stupid as UA (about the livery) cool.gif

SV, if you not free on 28th...pass your camera to Chang...he can snap a few meh.. biggrin.gif

the simple the better of an airline livery...weight saving, $$$ saving on colours and labour cost to paint. Then Landor associates will close shop!!

The more colourful it is...the more $$$ huh.gif

ahaha...yea, TK. i'd love to see the looks from other people while i take pics with 2 cameras, one in each hand biggrin.gif but quality of picture no guarantee,ok? laugh.gif

i overheard that they wont be coming in on 28th of September, donno why. So Choong, hopefully it comes in on a weekend where i'm not working smile.gif

Nah TK, S Chang has already got a pro camera, the Canon 350D. That will shame my Sony Cybershot anyday laugh.gif I will just steal his pics and claim it my own smile.gif HAHA

S Chang, will find out shortly regarding ZK-OKA's actual arrival date and get back to you! Heard Air NZ's 777 will come with Jeppersen EFB

According to Aviationpage NZ, ZK-OKA's revised arrival date is 1 October 2005, which is a Saturday. I can take my camera and go spotting!! Guess you will be working right S. Chang?? I feel lonely to go alone, laugh.gif lol

The delay was caused by strike at Boeing factory.

Strike at Boeing factory ?

I thought they all very happy working together

They proved that " working together really works' with their 777 right .

Thats their tagline last time ithink

From Jetspotter.com

* A strike by aircraft machinists at Boeing's Seattle headquarters has come at just the wrong time for Air New Zealand, as two of its new Boeing 777-200ER (extended range) planes are on the stalled production line.

Air New Zealand is cancelling some of its Christchurch to Los Angeles flights, while other services due to have been flown with the new planes are being taken over by its older Boeing 767 planes.

The second of Air New Zealand's fleet of eight Boeing 747-400s has just come out of the hangar with its new interior and seats.

Sign in to follow this