MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

LCCT in a mess today 121206

That particular politician is not even a real Tengku. Google to find out what I mean. Heh heh.

I guess i was lucky when i flew with them on 6/12. My flight landed at KUL-LCCT 25 minutes early !!!! And yes, that was Air Asia :p

However, lots of drama happened on my flight back to BKI just the day before yesterday (17/12). First, my cousin's name is not in their system and the check-in staff told me that i have to buy another ticket for my cousin. I took more than an hour trying to solve the problem with them and we missed our breakfast. So here's my advice for you, always print the itinerary if you book a ticket online (normally i don't, since you don't really need it anyway but luckilly, i did print it out, thank god !). It was a sure win case to me as i have the proof. Then, our flight was delayed by 30 minutes 'cause they were waiting for 4 passengers to board the plane. 10 minutes after the scheduled take-off time, the lead-stewardess came on PA and told us that we are not gonna wait for them anymore and the ground staff will unload their 7 pieces of luggage from the cargo and asked us to be patience as finding 7 luggages could take some time.

Since the 4 passangers didn't show up after checking in their luggage, I guess they'll need to repurchase their air tickets. Wondering what they were doing till they totally missed/forgotten/ignored their flight, that's really silly.

It would seem that even full service carriers are not immune from the problems described above, especially when mother nature decides to be naughty. DEN was shut down today due to blizzards. I was indirectly affected as my flight to IAD was operated by an aircraft that's incoming from DEN. Read about my misadventures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread....d=1#post6882743, as well as the rants of angry pax more directly affected by the DEN shut down than I am.

I was indirectly hit by the DEN fiasco today.

Walked up to the UA area at BOS to find lots of dazed people walking around and stressed out UA agents yelling at DEN pax to go home. I was traveling to IAD, all good - or so I thought. I happened to be on UA989 (estd 1345), which was operated by a 733 that was stuck in DEN!

The first sign of trouble came when I noticed that the easy web check in counter is showing me as being dramatically rebooked onto a flight that leaves 7 hours later. Check in agent insisted that the best he could do was put me on standby on the 1438 departure. 'nothing, nothing at all - the computer shows that you're on the 8pm flight so it means there's nothing before that', 'well did you check for availability?' 'Do I need to repeat myself?' Was so pissed off at the overflow of attitude that I didn't think to ask for availability on US Airways codeshares until I got airside. Thankfully a (comparatively) nicer UA agent managed to rustle up the 'last' seat for me on the 1345 US departure for DCA and turned quite a few tearful people away - despite many empty seats on the US flight.

But since I had no time to fish my suitcase out of the hold... I had to let my bag remain with the 8pm flight. US Air filed delayed baggage report for me and assured me that they'd do 'everything', and thus began an eternal wait for aforementioned suitcase...

Best wishes to folks going to or attempting to fly out of DEN.

Not only DEN, Keith, but also LHR, (weren't you going there ? :huh: :rofl: ) and most of Western-Europe has been covered with a thick fog layer:

British Airways Cancels 160 Heathrow Flights

December 20, 2006

British Airways said it had been forced to cancel 160 of its 400 short-haul flights to and from London's Heathrow Airport on Wednesday due to heavy fog that was expected to linger for another two days.

Domestic routes and flights between Heathrow and Europe were the worst hit, while BA said it had managed to operate its long-haul schedule despite some lengthy delays.

Some 18 flights from London's Gatwick Airport were also cancelled, it said.

"Flow rates have been at 50 percent of normal capacity throughout the morning and this has affected all carriers at the airport," BA said in a statement.

"It's thick fog and it is causing lots of problems," a spokesman said.

The airline said it expected the fog to last until Friday and asked travellers with flights from Heathrow not to travel to the airport.

"There are likely to be severe delays and possibly cancellations to many British Airways short-haul and domestic services to and from London Heathrow for at least the next 48 hours," it said.

"Customers who were due to travel on any cancelled service are able to rebook, re-route their ticket (subject to availability) or claim a full refund," BA said.

(Reuters)

Here's hoping that the fog clears by Christmas Day (when I arrive). :mellow:

Edited by Keith T

It would seem that even full service carriers are not immune from the problems described above, especially when mother nature decides to be naughty. DEN was shut down today due to blizzards. I was indirectly affected as my flight to IAD was operated by an aircraft that's incoming from DEN. Read about my misadventures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread....d=1#post6882743, as well as the rants of angry pax more directly affected by the DEN shut down than I am.

Keith sad to hear that..............Lucky I dun think IAH have trouble since we don't see snow except last year since 50 years ago. Eventhough delay, I love to fly during snow time, it just rock, but not to people who try to catch time. I think it's time for indoor airport :p

Fly AK no more..unless desperately need to fly...

Look at AK's On-Time Performance on November 2006:

AngelesCrestChristianCamp2006Chu-41.jpg

Sign in to follow this