MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sandeep G

KLIA LCC Terminal

Hey guys,

The LCC terminal is being built as we all know, but I was wondering if anyone has seen a mock-up or somesort of scale model of the complex?? Also, If any of you guys go spotting one of these days, would be great to see some pictures of the progress as I am stuck in Perth till December now...

Thanks!

I've seen the plans..looks like a bus station. PAX have to WALK to their aircrafts which are parked similarly to how busses are parked in Pudu and other bus stations.

One joke which cropped up when i saw it was...

"If some feller walks into the apron..and cant find his a/c..he'll just hold up his boarding pass..and shout "KOTA BHARU..KOTA BHARU MANAAA?!?!...OHH OHHH....ECHO DELTA....."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I've seen the plans..looks like a bus station. PAX have to WALK to their aircrafts which are parked similarly to how busses are parked in Pudu and other bus stations.

6157[/snapback]

Sounds like London Luton. On a cold, rainy day, and you managed to get the 99p (plus tax) ticket on Easyjet because it is the 5.45am flight and have to walk to the plane... Yay...

Maybe KLIA will provide umbrellas in case it rains, like the old days at Subang!

Sounds like London Luton. On a cold, rainy day, and you managed to get the 99p (plus tax) ticket on Easyjet because it is the 5.45am flight and have to walk to the plane... Yay... 

Maybe KLIA will provide umbrellas in case it rains, like the old days at Subang!

6335[/snapback]

LOL..i dont think umbrella's will be provided...maybe a plastic bag to cover your head laugh.gif

This is Air Asia... biggrin.gif

I think the whole idea of a low cost airline is to reduce cost on aerobridges, in flight catering and etc. In Luton and Stansted, I had to walk in the cold cold cold weather to the back entrance of the B737 and it was not funny doing so.....Upon arrival in Dublin, it was pouring heavily and we had to walk down the staircase and run into the terminal building, in the cold that is....so I think we wont face that many problems unless it is a heavy downpour with thunder and lightening.

No matter what, I think they should have back up plans in instances like that or it will delay the flight and their turnaround will be affected all the way.

I flew out of KLIA 2 weeks ago and I managed to look out for the pic that was pointed out by SV and I think that is the LCC of KLIA. It is kind of far from the MTB and Satellite terminal, unless they have buses going through the taxiways and etc.....are there plans for an aerotrain to the LCC from the MTB and Satellite ?

I hope they dont rush the construction and make it a mess just because they want to compete with Changi.....!!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

S V,

nice overview picture of KLIA !!! did you notice the 2 KLM 747's, one passenger- and one freighter-400 ?

Kandiah,

SPL's LCC terminal now almost finished: indeed NO aerobridges, so stairs only and consequently getting wet and/or snowed when flying EasyJet, Jet2, BMIbaby, Smartwings, SkyEurope and the like tongue.gif tongue.gif

Right now, you can only the steel frames of the building structure. I reckon it will be something like SZB's terminal 3.

And of course, there will be no aerotrain to/from this terminal. Expecting one is like expecting AK to have a first class cabin. I understand there will be buses connecting it to the MTB on the landside, but doubt there will be one on the airside. remember, LCC ops is point-to-point.

The status of the project as of 26th August 2005 smile.gif

Pix taken near the entrance to Pos Malaysia Complex

user posted image

The pix shows the Domestic Terminal facing imaginary extended Rwy32R

whilst the International's

will be perpendicular to this block (gonna be L-Shape) facing the Satt Terminal.

Heard that AK asking for PIPO (Power In Power Out) ops for this terminal

With the ramp parking arrangements, some pax for KBR (say) might be blown off

by a PEN-bound A320.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--

no aerobridge.. aiyaaak this will downgrade KLIA status as very-canggih airport. Norman how much 1 aerobridge cost...

P.S : There are subang airport aerobridge left anymore ??? laugh.gif

PIPO will be a blessing in disguise for spotters. As you're walking to your a/c...snap here..snap there.... biggrin.gif

PIPO will be a blessing in disguise for spotters. As you're walking to your a/c...snap here..snap there.... biggrin.gif

6621[/snapback]

imran snap sana.. snap sini

nanti hang ditelan ke dalam enjin 737 hehehehe laugh.gif

P.S : don't belive me see spotter crash investigation on NGC laugh.gif

The status of the project as of 26th August 2005  smile.gif

Pix taken near the entrance to Pos Malaysia Complex

user posted image

The pix shows the Domestic Terminal facing imaginary extended Rwy32R

whilst the International's

will be perpendicular to this block (gonna be L-Shape) facing the Satt Terminal.

Heard that AK asking for PIPO (Power In Power Out) ops for this terminal

With the ramp parking arrangements, some pax for KBR (say) might be blown off

by a PEN-bound A320.. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

--

6618[/snapback]

norman . is that a photo from your camera ? looks like a drawing

I suspect that the area at the top right corner of this photo is the location of LCC terminal?  Seems to have some kind of construction activity going on there.

6596[/snapback]

Yeah, that could be it, but don't you think it's too small somehow ? By the way, i remember i read somewhere that Malaysia Airport Sdn Bhd. is going to built the SECOND satelite terminal (beside to the current satellite terminal), has the construction work started ?

Yeah, that could be it, but don't you think it's too small somehow ? By the way, i remember i read somewhere that Malaysia Airport Sdn Bhd. is going to built the SECOND satelite terminal (beside to the current satellite terminal), has the construction work started ?

Don't know, but seems like a non-starter to me smile.gif I think the second satellite terminal is over due from the original forecast.

Sign in to follow this