MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
zealich

SIA cadet pilot

any1 of u know tha SIA take private studnt..?and any add. info bout dis...

Sai Chin,

Of cz ty wuld.Tis wat im hapi abt; d frdm of options! :yahoo: Bt it wil hv 2 dpnd on ur luk bcz ty mite nt tak u @ al & mite favur tir cdet mor.Bng privt stud dsnt garanT a job o a gud aline cmpny. + u ned 2 ern enuf flt hrs s ty reqrd.U mite n up @ TH if u luky o n up @ RPX o mite nt n up anywhr @ al.Its al abt d waitng gme.Lef privt s las opt wen u r wel ovr d max age acptd.Try al opt 1st b4 setle on privt. Visit http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/cont...reers/index.jsp frm time 2 time 4 add. info.

PS: Plz stp using sms rplys TQ :) and will repost the full english reply if you want me to. ;)

(If you frustrated on decoding this reply, that's how we felt when we read SMSed replies that are hard to understand at times and wasting some time trying to figure out what the message meant. Lastly, hope you don't mind, but I write in peace, Peace bro :) )

Edited by Adrian M

I wonder why SQ keep hiring Singaporeans and Malaysians but exclude other South East Asian neighbours like Indonesians. It is always a puzzle to me. :unknw:

Because there isn't much difference between Malaysians and Singaporeans really ? And also the fact that Singaporeans were all once Malaysians ? And Most Singaporeans still have families living in Malaysia (mostly Penang, Malacca, Ipoh and JB). So they do not see Malaysians as aliens ? Hence we are enjoying the same perks a Singaporean can get (salary wise). LOL !

Actually it is good that they are willing to hire Malaysians to work in Singapore on local terms. Malaysians are not cheap labors in the Federation of Singapore.

Sai Chin,

Of cz ty wuld.Tis wat im hapi abt; d frdm of options! :yahoo: Bt it wil hv 2 dpnd on ur luk bcz ty mite nt tak u @ al & mite favur tir cdet mor.Bng privt stud dsnt garanT a job o a gud aline cmpny. + u ned 2 ern enuf flt hrs s ty reqrd.U mite n up @ TH if u luky o n up @ RPX o mite nt n up anywhr @ al.Its al abt d waitng gme.Lef privt s las opt wen u r wel ovr d max age acptd.Try al opt 1st b4 setle on privt. Visit http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/cont...reers/index.jsp frm time 2 time 4 add. info.

PS: Plz stp using sms rplys TQ :) and will repost the full english reply if you want me to. ;)

(If you frustrated on decoding this reply, that's how we felt when we read SMSed replies that are hard to understand at times and wasting some time trying to figure out what the message meant. Lastly, hope you don't mind, but I write in peace, Peace bro :) )

:blink:

Sai Chin,

Of course they would. This what I'm happy about; the freedom of options! :yahoo: But it will have to depend on your luck because they might not take you at all and might favour their cadet more. Being private student doesn't guarantees a job or a good airline company. Plus you need to earn enough flight hours as they requires. You might end up at TH (Transmile) if you lucky or end up at RPX (Gading Sari) or might not end up anywhere at all. It's all about the waiting game. Leave private as last option when you are well over the maximum age accepted. Try all options first before settle on private. Visit http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/cont...reers/index.jsp from time to time for additional info.

Because there isn't much difference between Malaysians and Singaporeans really ? And also the fact that Singaporeans were all once Malaysians ? And Most Singaporeans still have families living in Malaysia (mostly Penang, Malacca, Ipoh and JB). So they do not see Malaysians as aliens ? Hence we are enjoying the same perks a Singaporean can get (salary wise). LOL !

Actually it is good that they are willing to hire Malaysians to work in Singapore on local terms. Malaysians are not cheap labors in the Federation of Singapore.

This is not about pilot but as flight attendent. As I heard not all Singaporean would wanna work in SQ due to some position is quite low paid and for those who has a degree can easily earn the offered pays by SQ (some can earn more than that) without going through the cut throat interviews and long flying working hours. So there are more Malaysian will accept the pay more due to the fact of currency rates. But still agrees Malaysian still not cheap labours in Singapore.

Edited by Adrian M

SIA Does take private candidates, but few and the guarantee of a job when you finish is based on your performance at various phases in Singapore Flying College.

As for why they take Malayians and Singaporeans and no one else? not true, there are Indian nationals and Hong Kong SAR citizens who are also cadets at SFC. I believe Malaysians are a candidate simply because of ease of immigration processing and work permit issuing. HK and India have similar bilateral agreements with Singapore that means it is easier for citizens of those nations to migrate and work in Singapore.

Plus, historically, lots of management and staff are from Malaysia so why narrow the pool of choices when you can expand it up to Malaysia too.

Sign in to follow this