MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
ketko

Personal collection

Hi everyone!!!

How r u goin? :D

So here s my question... How are you organizing your private collection of aviation photos? Are you keeping any lists? etc... write everithing about it, im interested in it... thanks, im looking forward to see posts...

Welcome to MW Ketko :drinks:

I have separated the MAS "Hibiscus" photos and the regular livery photos :rofl: . Here they are (from my trip to Malaysia):

9M-MPD:

IPB Image

9M-MPB

IPB Image

9M-MPN "Pangkor":

IPB Image

**** :pardon: First time in my life that I spotted and took pictures of both "Hibiscus" sisters in one day (within 1 1/2 hours) and seeing the Air Atlantic Icelandic B742F in the background of Mike Papa Delta. Orginally took 5 pictures of the planes (those two are my best ones) since it was my last three hours at Malaysia. :pardon:

Cheers!!!! :drinks:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Me too.... <_>

Come on Andrew, we need another kind of shots from you.....hei, what about LAX touchdown shots of that Hibby... :)

Edited by Mohd Idham

Well organizing shots, i edit and save the picture in my standardized format. Rego_date_airport_#. and dump it into folder according to date. List.. no i didnt make one :)

No DB for me either, just store on registration-city-date sequence ;)

So nobody here making any db or something except me?

Ketko, when you know you will have to manage nearly 100 aircrafts registrations everytime right after the tired spotting, what the mood for a lazy to work on such a DB? I don't put any objection on your action. Why? Cause I did that before when I was using a film EOS. I felt tired to do so, even I have to key in just less than 36 regos. per roll. But later on, I counld't find a reason to support my action, since I have to take an unknow number of aircrafts in this world. And in between, there are so many disappeared and newly appearing.

Therefore, I am now enjoying the process of spotting rather than the process of collecting.

Therefore, I am now enjoying the process of spotting rather than the process of collecting.

I'm seconding that, Sneeze; have been spotting since 1968 and came to the conclusion long time ago, that collecting is useless because of the vast number of aircraft appearing and disappearing all the time; moreover, you cannot have them all :pardon: