MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Andrew David

Skytrax Ranks Malaysia Airlines

Adding one more feather to its cap, Malaysia's national carrier Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has been admitted to the most exclusive group of world airlines: it has received the ranking of a "5 Star" airline by the aviation rating organization, Skytrax.

Including Malaysian Airlines, there are now only four airlines in the world which have been given the 5-Star ranking, the other three being Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways and Qatar Airways.

The Skytrax world airline star-ranking programme applies quality assessment to more than 375 airlines in the world, rating the standards of each airline's front-line product and service, predominantly based on international flight operations.

"To achieve 5 Star airline status is the highest achievement for the airline," said Peter Miller, Director of Marketing, Skytrax

All 5 star Airlines are Asian airlines!! Of course, the middle east is also part of Asia :)

I knew sooner or later, Malaysia Airlines will be a 5 star airline. I am proud of the achievement of my national carrier! Well done MAS!!

Heard that Malaysia Airlines was once a 5-Star airline, but was demoted due to lack of new and innovative services and upgrades.

Now they have regained the crown. Congrats MAS, proud to be part of the family. Now i can proudly say i'm serving a 5-Star airline.

493[/snapback]

Good for you. WOuld you be kind enough to narrow down your specialty or in what capacity you are serving the airline?

Hi mushrif,

My speciality is piloting their fleet. Currently a sponsored cadet pilot.

513[/snapback]

You mean - eventually post-graduation? In MFA?

All the best.

Hi mushrif,

My speciality is piloting their fleet. Currently a sponsored cadet pilot.

513[/snapback]

All the best to you Dreamliner! Have you taken any pix of the aircrafts in MKZ?

Not only cant i see his post...i cant even see the MPD banner.... :angry: :angry:

I've had only pleasant experiences with MAS, be it at the ticketing office, check-in counter and of course, in the cabin up in the air. Even the pilots whom we can't see that often, leave a good impression with the announcements from the flight deck. I was comforted by the Captain's reassuring words during a flight when MH 5 to Kuching experienced some clear air turbulence just before approaching the coastline of Pahang towards the South China Sea. He informed everyone that he has requested permission from the ATC to descend to a lower altitude due to the rather strong shaking of the plane, a B777. I appreciate it very much and I fully agree that they deserve the 5 star title.

I thought Emirates exclusive........ ohmy.gif why its not in the list?

MAS 5star? i think maybe for the 1st class/executive class maybe

my experiece with MAS-> Subang-Changi, Changi-Subang, KLIA-Changi,Changi-KLIA tongue.gif then I transfer and took SIA to BRUSSELS...... biggrin.gif

According to many reports and comemnts from pax, MH products and services are deteriorating at a very high speed. Check skytrax for more info.

Not sure if this is true but the crew do not have a consistent service and the ground service is pathetic; esp in KLIA. Even I myself experienced not very nice service when checking in.

Is this a syptom of an airline that is over hyped; similar to SQ ?

Apparently CX is a very consistent airline and the service is good.

Just for your kind information, I helped my sister and mum check in last

Any comments ? I am a supporter of MH but I can't help but agree that the airline's service is indeed going bad. My sister checked in on 19/11 for MH90 with my mum and small nephew and we requested for a basinet since April, and reminded the check in staff again upon check in. He assured us that there would be one; wasn't true after all. Besides, that particular staff who checked them in, also happen to check in one of my students in June. During the check-in in June, that guy actually whispered to his other colleague that my student was hot and he even asked me if he could get her "in". That was pathetic or what !!!!

Anyways can't say much about this..... huh.gif

Every contact points I had with MAS, either at the ticketing office, check-in counters in XKL (KL Sentral), KUL, PEN, LGK, IPH, JHB, KBR, KCH, SBW, MKM, BKI (some of them multiple times) so far this year has been most pleasant. The same with cabin crews on all flights, some especially friendly to have a small chat talking about planes and their experience. Nothing but examplary service for me. Smile, and they will smile back smile.gif

Is this a syptom of an airline that is over hyped; similar to SQ ?

I think the the issue is when an airline is so good, people find it easy to only point out their flaws. Which probably explains the negative remarks you get in Skytrax on MH, SQ and EK.

Being as impartial as I can, on my several experiences on MH and SQ, I find little to compare between the 2 in terms of inflight service. Both are equally fantastic and superior in their own rights.

But, and thats a BIG but, I must reiterate that as a whole, SQ is a trendsetter whilst MH has been and still is a follower (judging from MH's current F and C class refurbishment which to me only emulates what SQ introduced 6 years ago and not raising the bar as how SQ does all the time - live tv on board, broadband internet access, 480 entertainment options, first to fly A380, first SEA - Northern America non-stop service....and the list goes on and on)

MH needs to do 3 things now : sort out their finances, sort out their mediocre Enrich FFP and become a member of major alliance, because until then, I'd still consider SQ and CX to have a better overall product.

But, and thats a BIG but, I must reiterate that as a whole, SQ is a trendsetter whilst MH has been and still is a follower (judging from MH's current F and C class refurbishment which to me only emulates what SQ introduced 6 years ago and not raising the bar as how SQ does all the time - live tv on board, broadband internet access, 480 entertainment options, first to fly A380, first SEA - Northern America non-stop service....and the list goes on and on)

True that, Jamie. MAS is until now and still a very conservative airline. They need to stop following the trends of others and offer their own touch of things.

Answering the question about Shaun

He edited all his posts and left .

Sad for him

17469[/snapback]

OMG.. blink.gif ????? huh.gif

Sign in to follow this