MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jacky Goh

First A380 flight with passengers

Great find!

no, hadn't seen these pictures as of today, so quite a pleasant suprise!

Looks quite funky! Gotta love the strain gauges plastered everywhere on the aircraft.. signs of an aircraft still under testing. So, any electrical wiring problems with this one then? WHere did they fly to? or was it just a massive long orbit around Tolouse-Blagnac for 14 hours and then land back again? hehehe

err, just another question.. would have loved to see what the "economy" cabin looked like.

The rest of the plane is pretty ordinary stuff.. i'm sure SQ and EK have something more grand up their sleeves

Aiya.. No aerobridge ka...?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Double decker plane with every seat installed with huge amount of electrical items... Bet it consumes mass amount of electricity... :huh:

No wonder these stuffs caused so much delay....

Double decker plane with every seat installed with huge amount of electrical items... Bet it consumes mass amount of electricity... :huh:

hehehe Lawrence, you know how electricity is supplied to a plane?? :) I believe, all the equipment should be rather modern and thus less painful on the generators for output :)

What a surprise! Nice pics, Jacky. :good:

I guess that's why the A380 has 4 engines - 2 for thrust, 2 for electronics onboard. :rofl: :rofl:

P/s: you know I'm joking, don't you? <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blum.gif" alt=":p">

I guess that's why the A380 has 4 engines - 2 for thrust, 2 for electronics onboard. :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol: the engine act like a wind turbine for generating electricity.

hahaha seriously though, anyone know where this flight went and who were the lucky people to be taken on board??

Did the plane actually fly or did they drive them around tolouse airport for 14 hours :)

aisles look amazingly wide in the premium cabins!

hahaha seriously though, anyone know where this flight went and who were the lucky people to be taken on board??

Did the plane actually fly or did they drive them around tolouse airport for 14 hours :)

I only know 1 thing - lucky people were Airbus staff. Real lucky or not, I don't know - it's a TEST flight, remember? :rofl:

Thanks for sharing the pictures: great find :good:

Looks nice indeed; flight-attendants seem to be of Lufthansa (judging the style of uniforms)...

flight-attendants seem to be of Lufthansa (judging the style of uniforms)...

As a matter of fact they are. :)

OFF TOPIC:

I was just told what Lufthansa is when translated from German: Luft - Air, Hansa - Fleet! AIR FLEET! Now that's a pretty nice name :)

works very well!

Woner why the SQ girls weren't invited seeing as they are the first to fly the A380 and all... I wonder if they had pilots from airlines flying or if it were another Airbus test pilot sortie

OFF TOPIC:

I was just told what Lufthansa is when translated from German: Luft - Air, Hansa - Fleet! AIR FLEET! Now that's a pretty nice name :)

works very well!

Woner why the SQ girls weren't invited seeing as they are the first to fly the A380 and all... I wonder if they had pilots from airlines flying or if it were another Airbus test pilot sortie

Replying OFF TOPIC:

Yes it is, Lufthansa does means Air Fleet. LTU, Luft Transport Unternehmen means Air Transport Enterprise.

Back on topic, those F/A might not from any airline maybe.

hehehe Lawrence, you know how electricity is supplied to a plane?? :) I believe, all the equipment should be rather modern and thus less painful on the generators for output :)

Of course I do... Sandeep, you said less painful on the generator because the power generated is much more than the output... Imagine 555 seats all installed with laptops and other electrical stuffs... One seat might require 100 W or more... You do the counting...

Imagine the electrical wiring on the plane... :blink:

* You might know how to fly circuit, but i know how to see electrical circuit...*

Of course I do... Sandeep, you said less painful on the generator because the power generated is much more than the output... Imagine 555 seats all installed with laptops and other electrical stuffs... One seat might require 100 W or more... You do the counting...

Imagine the electrical wiring on the plane... :blink:

* You might know how to fly circuit, but i know how to see electrical circuit...*

hey bro, no offence to you lah, it was just a general statement.

but along with those larger engines, is the ability to produce more power, so they will always be able to cope. Ofcourse, there will be limitations on load... so every seat having laptop outlets may not be a viable choice... wouldn't do well for heat generation either... who knows what it would be like. we wait and see. :) But, sorry if I offended you, no intention to do so Mate :) :drinks:

IPB Image

base on this pict, it looks like the A380 is equiped with tailcam. you can see one of the PTV monitor displaying the a/c.

IPB Image

Iz that my sister?????? :help: Looks like it from that angle.......she also does exactly what my sis would do inflight :lol: Great pixs, never see those before, iz this really inflight? How they divide first classe and bizzer or econer..............?

Maybe consider solar powered, install the panel on the wings :)

I understood the passengers were the lucky 1500 Airbus staff who were randomly selected.

Yeah, just like Sandeep, I would love to see the Economy cabin of the A380, coz that is where I would most probably be seated :rofl:

Sign in to follow this