MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Raj Changela

Visiting KL in November

Lookign forward for Azuddin photos, when you gonna get Canon, opss I mean Nikon SLR>????

I don't know yet. I can buy 30 models with the price of Nikon SLR. for now, I just use the 5.1 MP cybershot with 3X zoom function. It's not bad at all.

Edited by Azuddin

I don't know yet. I can buy 30 models with the price of Nikon SLR. for now, I just use the 5.1 MP cybershot with 3X zoom function. It's not bad at all.

oppurtunity cost, in order to earn something, you have to give up other thing(s).......think all about it ;)

I dunno if 3x zoom can resist the KLIA runway from Oscar Hill.............anyway u hv a good spotting tr :good:

Edited by Seth K

oppurtunity cost, in order to earn something, you have to give up other thing(s).......think all about it ;)

I dunno if 3x zoom can resist the KLIA runway from Oscar Hill.............anyway u hv a good spotting tr :good:

I'm not thinking about getting any new camera. If got zoom problem, I can borrow my dad Sony Handycam which has still photo function. it has 700X zoom. even has shake resistance and infrared night vision.

Some questions for the forum members....

I have changed my routing and now will be in KL Nov 9th evening onwards for about 6-7 days.

1) How is Penang spotting? (I did see a thread with some nice photos). I am looking for current spotting info. Will be ok to take photos / spot there (I do not carry radio or video... just my camera gears :)

2) Do MH or Air Asia offer walk up fares for KL-Penang for 1 day? Was thinking to make a side trip and visit and spot one or two days.

3) If decide to stay for overnight, any nice hotels near to the airport?

Thanks for info in advance,

Raj

I have changed my routing and now will be in KL Nov 9th evening onwards for about 6-7 days.

1) How is Penang spotting? (I did see a thread with some nice photos). I am looking for current spotting info. Will be ok to take photos / spot there (I do not carry radio or video... just my camera gears :)

2) Do MH or Air Asia offer walk up fares for KL-Penang for 1 day? Was thinking to make a side trip and visit and spot one or two days.

One day around Penang, iz not enough, got to see the city which is rather dirty iirc, but the food are the best, cheap and fast!!! The beach resorts quite a lot, I saw Cititel Hotel yesterday near downtown Penang, might be a choice? And PEN traffics are quite boring, 15-30minutes interval departure in the morning, then in the afternoon, barely some. The take off rock on back at 4pm onwards, then sometimes later boring(as last week). No info about landing :sorry: Well, hv a nice trip, feel free to visit me at Oscar Hill on 11th.

Edited by Seth K

Raj

Hey Raj Changela,

1. Penang Spotting is Pretty Good. Lots Of Cargo Movement. At times maybe dead for a while. There are a Couple of Spots beside the Runway. Teoh, Norman and Chaity have been there..They would know where to Spot from.

2. Not sure abt Walk up fares and any Hotel Located near the Airport..

Edited by Raj

Raj, PEN spotting is boring at the wrong time as others have mentioend. But i fyou go at the right time you can have quite some traffic. Best time is early morning (the rush hour as in other airports) and late afternoon, after 4 pm.

Some spotting spots: threshold of Rwy 4. You can take a bus (what no. I can't remember) or a cab. Bus: look for Permatang Damar Laut and/or Batu Maung. Then let the bus driver know you want to alight at the threshold area. Do the same for taxi.

Besides Rwy 4, ask to go to the new Cargo Terminal building. Once you get there you know how to find your way around better spots.

Good luck; waiting pics from you! :good:

Also, don't forget to visit the city! ;-)

It would be all worthwhile if I get some traffic that I do not see in my part of the world. :good:

KLM Cargo operate 744 Freighters into PEN, which you won't see in Connecticut :D

KLM Cargo operate 744 Freighters into PEN, which you won't see in Connecticut :D

Yeah AK 733/320, MH 734, MH332, CI 738, Xiamen 737, SIA 772 :)

Two days ago I saw 732F departed PEN around morning, any info?

Edited by Seth K

Two days ago I saw 732F departed PEN around morning, any info?

Was it all white? if so, PosLaju Express - Indon registered birds....

Was it all white? if so, PosLaju Express - Indon registered birds....

Could be Sandeep, but I doubt it, got livery on it. Thought it was an SIA, but just check my memory, SIA ain't got no 732 ;) Plz anyone feel free to identify :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Seth K

Raj welcome MW and wormly welcome U to Malaysia for spotting!!!! If U plan spotting on weekend the percentage to meet other spotter is maximum :D !!! Dont worry U wont be loss because En Azuddin also will be there . I remember he will do his 1st spotting on 11.11.2006!!!! :D Am I right ?

Edited by Andrew Yong

Raj welcome MW and wormly welcome U to Malaysia for spotting!!!! If U plan spotting on weekend the percentage to meet other spotter is maximum :D !!! Dont worry U wont be loss because En Azzuddin also will be there . I remember he will do his 1st spotting on 11.11.2006!!!! :D Am I right ?

Erghh, forgot me already???? I'll be there too :mellow: But Friday, not Sat ;)

Thanks guys... for warm welcome, I can't believe, I will be there in less than 2 weeks! :D

It will be a great change as wx is getting (shall we say) rather cold. I live up in the forrest/mountainous area of Connecticut and the early morning temps are already at 30-35' F :angry:

Seth, I arrive on Thursday 9th at about 9pm and will be at the Pan Pacific Airport. So my first day spotting will be Friday :) See you then.

Sorry Seth K !!!! :sorry:

No prob, but I'm not really at the oscar, but inside KLIA due to afternoon flight to Jakarta...........well, during take off, I'll spot you guys at Oscar Hill :good:

Edited by Seth K

I'll spot you guys at Oscar Hill :good:

Enjoy your flight and hope you'll get some shots at CGK ;)

Btw, it's called Oscar Hotel in MW's 'dictionary' :p

Frontier Babybus arriving KLAS

IPB Image

IPB Image

I like these pics because Frontier Airlines is my most favorite US airline :yahoo:

Thanks for the pictures Raj Changela :drinks: :good:

Sign in to follow this