MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
BC Tam

MH Online Booking

Folks,

Is anyone else having as much 'fun' as I am with MH's online booking service (dis-service to be precise !)

I've just spent the best part of the last 90 minutes trying fly with our national carrier, only to be repeatedly asked to re-enter pax details (even though my data is on Enrich record) After a few attempts, up came a message saying the flights are unavailable ! I do hope my credit card has not been charged multiple times too !

Whilst we're on the subject, is there anyway we can alert the people responsible for the atrocious grammar employed - "Please wait a moment as we processing your request" Sends shivers down one's spine doesn't it ! It has been close to 10 minutes now and the same message is still blinking in the other open window

Now that's scary. I don't wanna create any "war" but I just booked my return tickets to UK via SingaporeAir.com and it was so simple I felt like I'm stealing the travel agency's job! :p

What i did was just log in using my Krisflyer account: Select the required flights, check the dates, prices are the same all the time, and just click book. My details were automatically pulled including my passport number, etc. All I needed was to put in my Amex card details and within seconds i got my ticket booked. What's EVEN great was that I could select my seat immediately which I did...and emails were sent confirming my bookings etc.

End of business process.

How hard is it, MH?

Finally gave up on the online bit and called up MH call centre using the old fashioned handset. Yes, the (very pleasant) lady did admit they are having 'difficulties' - my reservation showed up as 'cancelled' in the system; after all my attempts to pay them too ! How long has the problem persisted - don't know; when system expected to be restored - don't know ! :rolleyes:

So, what would it cost to book through the phone ? About RM1k on top !! :blink: Yikes, I think I can wait for them to fix the bug !

Sadly, I can only conclude MH has still a long journey ahead. One can only try so far to help it on its recovery. But if this continues, it's easy to see why AK announced record profits yesterday and MH declared 'reduced losses' today. :rolleyes:

BC, I also have the pleasure of having fun with MAS online booking system about a week ago. I had made almost 10 attempts to book a domestic flight, entering my credit card details over and over again. I finally gave up and phoned their helpline, too bad have been told the fare was only available online and I couldn't book it through the call centre.

Now that's scary. I don't wanna create any "war" but I just booked my return tickets to UK via SingaporeAir.com and it was so simple I felt like I'm stealing the travel agency's job! :p

B) I believe the air fare for a return ticket offered by SQ between KUL/LHR is also cheaper than MH, right ? I checked MAS air fare to LHR (return in EY) on random dates and found out RM3764.00 is the cheapest while SQ is only RM3548.00. Now people still can say i'm willing to pay the extra RM216.00 just to fly on MAS 'cause of the extra pitch in EY ... thing will change real soon ... when SQ get their 380 and 77W, where the new EY will have the exact same seat pitch as MAS (34").

Edited by Isaac

when SQ get their 380 and 77W, where the new EY will have the exact same seat pitch as MAS (34").

But isn't it going to be a little while before SQ starts replacing its ageing 744 with 380 and 77W on the LHR-SIN run? Heard that the first A380 will be doing SIN-SYD instead of SIN-LHR :(

I feel like I wanna go volunteer and check their systems...I REALLY DO

If you do volunteer, count me in. I'll help.

But isn't it going to be a little while before SQ starts replacing its ageing 744 with 380 and 77W on the LHR-SIN run? Heard that the first A380 will be doing SIN-SYD instead of SIN-LHR :(

Yeah, The 1st SQ 380 will do the 1 of the 3x daily SIN/SYD as well as some intra-asia flight. The original SQ plan was to retire all 744 by next year but it's now postponed to year 2008. I'm not sure if all the current 3x daily SIN/LHR flight will be served exclusively by 380 or both 380/77W, but no matter it's 380 or 77W, you will still enjoy "MRTC" in SQ new EY. You probably will see the last SQ 744 to LHR aroud late Fall next year (if everything goes as planned).

Folks,

Is anyone else having as much 'fun' as I am with MH's online booking service (dis-service to be precise !)

I've just spent the best part of the last 90 minutes trying fly with our national carrier, only to be repeatedly asked to re-enter pax details (even though my data is on Enrich record) After a few attempts, up came a message saying the flights are unavailable ! I do hope my credit card has not been charged multiple times too !

Whilst we're on the subject, is there anyway we can alert the people responsible for the atrocious grammar employed - "Please wait a moment as we processing your request" Sends shivers down one's spine doesn't it ! It has been close to 10 minutes now and the same message is still blinking in the other open window

chill2~ this is it when we do online transaction. irritating. happened to me a few times. let's just say MAS is not the only one. hahah :nea:

To me MAS is closing all the doors for business. This is just so friggin lame. One of the most fundamental things is to embrace everything online. I mean if you online system is not working, it's kinda like shutting doors to your customers. It reminds me of the Enrich registration last time, it just doens't register whenever you register online. I think they have since changed the system which is very much welcomed.

And I am surprised to hear that buying via telephone is much more expensive. I just can't believe it!

Anyway, SQ is much cheaper, efficient, and I feel such ease when I book my tickets from them. I have since booking my own flights online instead of asking my company to book for me. It's just so simple, and the fares are slightly cheaper compared to those quoted by the travel agency. Cut down the middle man, and we the passengers will earn (in my case, my company la! :p)

SQ is still flying their new ugly 380 to LHR or not? I know the first maiden flight is now to Sydney, but LHR will still be on? Damn it, I wanna be in the fat big ugly (fugly) plane!

B) I believe the air fare for a return ticket offered by SQ between KUL/LHR is also cheaper than MH, right ? I checked MAS air fare to LHR (return in EY) on random dates and found out RM3764.00 is the cheapest while SQ is only RM3548.00. Now people still can say i'm willing to pay the extra RM216.00 just to fly on MAS 'cause of the extra pitch in EY ... thing will change real soon ... when SQ get their 380 and 77W, where the new EY will have the exact same seat pitch as MAS (34").

Yes this is true. SQ's economy to LHR is always RM3.5K (for 6 months) and RM4.8K for 12 months. Beats the crap out of MH :p

The only reason why people prefer MH over SQ is probably because of the direct flight. There are cheaper Middle East carriers to UK but I'd rather stick to SQ.

Yeah, The 1st SQ 380 will do the 1 of the 3x daily SIN/SYD as well as some intra-asia flight. The original SQ plan was to retire all 744 by next year but it's now postponed to year 2008. I'm not sure if all the current 3x daily SIN/LHR flight will be served exclusively by 380 or both 380/77W, but no matter it's 380 or 77W, you will still enjoy "MRTC" in SQ new EY. You probably will see the last SQ 744 to LHR aroud late Fall next year (if everything goes as planned).

Hmm may I ask what is "MRTC"?

I would love to see SQ serving a mixture of 77W and 380 on their SIN-LHR run. Makes it more interesting. Thier 744's are still good but Y cabin are starting to look a bit tired and out of date especially compared to the middle eastern carriers e.g. Emirates, Qatar and Etihad which have bigger PTV's and moodlighting.

chill2~ this is it when we do online transaction. irritating. happened to me a few times. let's just say MAS is not the only one. hahah :nea:

On the contrary I personally prefer online transactions, in most cases. Perhaps it's cause I don't generally care for the inevitable sales pitch when dealing with real people ! Personal preference I must add !

I do hope MH get their system fixed soon, I do need to get my bookings done. Apart from the problem of being asked repeatedly for one's personal and credit card details (vicious cycle !) on MH's system now, I find that the download is frustratingly slow. Is it just my PC/connection or anyone else suffering in sync ?!

Oh, just in case I have given the impression I'm a habitual MH basher - let me add that I've managed prior to this successfully booked online with MH without fuss. But then that was pre-rationalisation !

Edited by BC Tam

SQ is still flying their new ugly 380 to LHR or not? I know the first maiden flight is now to Sydney, but LHR will still be on? Damn it, I wanna be in the fat big ugly (fugly) plane!

Due to the delays, the maiden flight may not happen till 2007. It's been hinted though, that the first A380-operated service will be SQ221/222 - Sydney's late afternoon departure, which connects lots of LHR-bound pax straight to/from SQ321/322. By extension, to enable a 'seamless' A380 experience on the Roo route, it stands to reason that SQ321/322 will be the first LHR route operated by the A380. Because of the screwed up delivery, SYD will be the only city to have the A380 for a long while as a LHR daily cannot be operated with just 1 plane.

And frustratingly, it's also been confirmed that the unveiling of SQ's new product will be pushed back till the 77Ws arrive. :( That'd be late October or so.

OTOH, BA is unveiling its brand new Club World cabin this month.

To bring it back on topic (:D), yes I've also had a most grievious experience trying to get my KUL-PEN ticket online. The page kept timing out when I attempted to submit my personal details. Ended up buying my ticket through the MH office in MEL.

Edited by Keith T

Oh Yipee - I think !

Finally managed to get through - by booking the outbound and return sectors separately. Only now the outbound is listed as 'partially booked' whilst return is confirmed and paid for (non refundable, non changeable cheapo ticket !) :D

I hope my boss appreciates the hassle I'm enduring to save money for the company !

this is it when we do online transaction. irritating. happened to me a few times. let's just say MAS is not the only one. hahah

Agreed. However this is totally unacceptable for a carrier with such a good reputation. Since MAS is a 5-star carrier, people expect flawless service from it. Using such a lousy server system will only drive MAS potential customers away.

Yes. Just don't know when exactly, yet. :)

The only reason why people prefer MH over SQ is probably because of the direct flight. There are cheaper Middle East carriers to UK but I'd rather stick to SQ.

I guess so. I noticed that the air fare on MH was cheaper than SQ between year 2003-2005, i guess SQ had lost lots of passengers to MH at the time. But as the MH air fare is now quite expensive most of the time, many people will eventually go back to SQ.

There are cheaper Middle East carriers to UK but I'd rather stick to SQ.

True. I checked EK, the cheapest is only RM3025.00 (tax & surcharge included). What a bargain !

Hmm may I ask what is "MRTC"?

It stands for "More Room Throughout Coach". It was AA (American Airlines) slogan. AA used this to advertise their EY when they increased the seat pitch in EY from the industry standard 31"-32" to 34" across the fleets (its 772, 762, 763, 752, 738, AB6, M80, M11) in year 2000/2001. Nice slogan and a smart moved.

Unfortunately AA scrapped this idea and decided to put back all the seats to their 772, 762, 763, 738 & M80 last year (752 & AB6 in year 2004). HOW STUPID ! :angry: :angry:

Oh, just in case I have given the impression I'm a habitual MH basher - let me add that I've managed prior to this successfully booked online with MH without fuss. But then that was pre-rationalisation !

LOL ! No worries. As our national carrier, we just want them to be the best. Criticism will make them better, i think ... well, only if they listen to their consumers, i really hope they do.

And frustratingly, it's also been confirmed that the unveiling of SQ's new product will be pushed back till the 77Ws arrive. :( That'd be late October or so.

Eh, i thought SQ will unveil their new products (New First & Raffles) on the 380 ?? And the first SQ 77W will still feature the current First & Raffles seatings which can be found now in their 744 ??

OTOH, BA is unveiling its brand new Club World cabin this month.

Yeah. Really curious how is the new seat looks like and whether it still gonna be 2-4-2 on their 744 & 772 :p

Edited by Isaac

Eh, i thought SQ will unveil their new products (New First & Raffles) on the 380 ?? And the first SQ 77W will still feature the current First & Raffles seatings which can be found now in their 744 ??

The 77W will feature new Raffles and economy seating. It will have the existing Skysuites in F.

Yeah. Really curious how is the new seat looks like and whether it still gonna be 2-4-2 on their 744 & 772 :p

The countdown to Tuesday September 5th begins...;)

But I think moving the WTP cabin to where the lower deck club world cabin currently is, and resulting in lower deck club world being behind WTP, will not go down well with both pax and crew. Not sure whether the same thing will be done to the 777s as well. We'll see.

Edited by Keith T

So Raffles class - which one better then? 774, or 772 ??

744 definitely - upper deck, (emergency exit) row 17. ;)

17AC will be blocked for PPS members, but HK are fair game. Some nasty PPSes might try to bump you out of 17HK if they really want it. If that happens, just utter the magic phrase 'seat audit please' to SQ staff, don't accept the 'operational reasons' nonsense, and you'll get your seat back. You also get extra storage space at the side if you get the window seats on the upper deck.

I will miss the upper deck if and when the 744 is pulled from MEL but I'm definitely looking forward to the new seating on the 77W...:D

Edited by Keith T

The 77W will feature new Raffles and economy seating. It will have the existing Skysuites in F.

That's cool. Thanks, Keith.

The countdown to Tuesday September 5th begins...;)

But I think moving the WTP cabin to where the lower deck club world cabin currently is, and resulting in lower deck club world being behind WTP, will not go down well with both pax and crew. Not sure whether the same thing will be done to the 777s as well. We'll see.

Agreed. So awkward. The reason behind moving the CW is because the cabin behind is larger, so i don't think they will do the same for their 777.

The reason behind moving the CW is because the cabin behind is larger, so i don't think they will do the same for their 777.

So, what are they doing to the upper deck club cabin then? It's not like the upper deck can be expanded any further. Squeeze more seats into lower deck club?

So, what are they doing to the upper deck club cabin then? It's not like the upper deck can be expanded any further. Squeeze more seats into lower deck club?

Probably just install a newly-designed wider Club World seat ? Remember that the aisle in the upper deck is very big.

Probably just install a newly-designed wider Club World seat ? Remember that the aisle in the upper deck is very big.

Well yes i know they're installing a wider cw seat, just trying to think how they'd fit the same number of seats into the UD. But yes you're right, I suppose no one would really notice if they shave a few inches off the aisle space. :D

After reading the other (newer) thread pertaining to MH's IT response/updates, I guess it's time to update this thread I started moaning on :)

Well, the online booking got me to and fro safely eventually - principal objective accomplished ! Credit where credit is due I believe !

The hassle was when I had to collect my paper ticket from MH's airport office here - sort of negates a major convenience afforded by online booking. But that was only 'outbound' They were quite happy to accept my computer printout at XKL for journey home.

To be fair, I assume whatever bug in the reservation/booking system is now fixed since I was able to make a new booking yesterday without the previous hassles. Only time can tell if the journey itself is as convenient :)

Sign in to follow this