MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Air Asia to terminate IPH-JHB flight from 18/9/06?

Actually the manner that AK handle this kind of situation isn't really bad for what I've met. My flight to MYY was reschedule and the person from KL phone me directly! And talked in a very nice manner(better then MH IMO) After that they also resend an email regarding the Itinerary.

It was a good thing that I managed to try out this route when I was back in IPH for the holidays last July.

IPH would now officially be a sleepy hollow airport.

Ipoh ppl can only catch the direct bus service to KLIA for any flights.... no traffic at all for now?

So there goes the Perak Government's plan to turn IPH into a hub for flights to Medan and other cities that were originally planned. I guess what they need to do is to provide a direct link to KLIA and LCCT on a regular basis. I understand from a friend that the TRITON EXPRESS that plies the IPOH-KLIA-IPOH route hardly left on time each time he took the bus. They waited and waited for pax to fill up the bus, so that could be a turn off and pax ended up taking the taxi which costs a bomb. If only they can operate better services, then maybe IPH may not need an airport but that won't be a good idea for Ipoh spotters then.

Its the same for people who live in Nottingham, Oxford and Cambridge who want to travel to London, where the only form of transportation between these cities are either the bus or train. I think the highways have made the people believe in using their cars than to travel via plane, especially on the KUL-IPH-KUL route. Soon, KUA may face the same issues and eventually other similar airports.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hopefully KTMB will hasten its double tracking project so that people will have more choice to commute between Ipoh and KL. One stop at KL Sentral and one can hope onto other transportation like ERL or Sky Bus etc.

At the moment, only one pathetic rail service serves KL and Ipoh, and it arrives / departs Ipoh at around midnight. So inconvinient!

At the moment, only one pathetic rail service serves KL and Ipoh, and it arrives / departs Ipoh at around midnight. So inconvinient!

True that and the train ride seems to take forever to arrive.

Sign in to follow this