MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

AF Consider Starting Flight To KUL

As far as I know, Air France is looking at an additional destination in North America as well as one more destination in Brasil. Also, Air France will start thrice weekly to Chennai (MAA) next winter, and flights to Kuala Lumpur are at least being studied.

Source : A.net (Mr. HB-IWC)

As far as i know, any news about AF from Mr. "HB-IWC" and "FlySSC" are extremely reliable. There is nothing firm yet, but at least KUL is in their new destination list :clapping:

A daily 343 flight by AF between KUL & CDG would be good :p

By the way, there are 2 configurations of AF 343 :

AF A340-300E (version 1)

- 36 (Biz > 60", lie-flat)

- 236 (EY > 31")

++=272

AF A340-300E (version 2)

- 30 (Biz > 60", lie-flat)

- 259 (EY > 31")

++=289

Dunno if this reliable, but IWC indeed a good resourcer. If AF comes to KUL, they will probably send most at the time the A343E or mix.......or perhaps it's not too late to pray for 747 :D

Edited by Seth K

Good news...good news!!!!!Another new airlines will arrive KUL !!!! Hope all this will come true!!!!

AF has been to KUL before. I used it to do KUL-CDG way back '93. I think the defunct UTA also been to KUL.

AF has been to KUL before. I used it to do KUL-CDG way back '93. I think the defunct UTA also been to KUL.

UTA operated services to KUL, and following the absorption of UTA by AF, AF flew a few flights into KL before terminating the service.

As far as i know, any news about AF from Mr. "HB-IWC" and "FlySSC" are extremely reliable. There is nothing firm yet, but at least KUL is in their new destination list :clapping:

A daily 343 flight by AF between KUL & CDG would be good :p

By the way, there are 2 configurations of AF 343 :

AF A340-300E (version 1)

- 36 (Biz > 60", lie-flat)

- 236 (EY > 31")

++=272

AF A340-300E (version 2)

- 30 (Biz > 60", lie-flat)

- 259 (EY > 31")

++=289

Sorry to rain on your parade, but if indeed the quoted news is reliable, AF is merely doing a feasibility study, not committed to starting a new route to KUL. And I am sure lots of other airlines conduct such studies all the time.

feasability study or not...better to be considered rather than dismissed altogether!

hope this works out for AF and KUL

Hopefully MH enters ST and AF becomes one of the main airlines operating into KUL from the EU together with KLM. With the withdrawal of OS flights to Australia both via SIN and KUL, there is a chance that AF and VS may start services and LH, KL and many others may increase freq into KUL (in the wildest dreams of course).

:clapping:

Sign in to follow this