MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Syaz

Aircraft engineering~

Errr few of my batchmate left Matriculation, A-Level, IB etc and joined TAME instead. :p

If they fail to complete the course...then how? Gonna live on SPM and become a bus driver? :rofl:

If they fail to complete the course...then how? Gonna live on SPM and become a bus driver? :rofl:

Actually it's the same like = What if you fail to complete your degree..?? :pardon:

In life, you need to select your route and take risks... If failed the course, it's not the end of the world, you can always go back to take your degree or anything... :good:

Actually it's the same like = What if you fail to complete your degree..?? :pardon:

In life, you need to select your route and take risks... If failed the course, it's not the end of the world, you can always go back to take your degree or anything... :good:

finally :drinks: , u get the point bro... the route is yours, u r the 1 to decide which way to go bro.. cheers...

Actually one of them failed to complete the course and u know what now he became A330 driver. :p

Waow.. :clapping:

Did he go for cadetship..?? Which airlines..?? :pardon:

Night shift? :huh:

One silly question here..

Why does LAME have to do night shift..???

They can do it the next day what..??? :pardon:

Why does LAME have to do night shift..???

They can do it the next day what..??? :pardon:

For various reasons, but mainly due to aircraft availability and utilisation.

Not many ppl would want to travel at night (between 11pm and 6am, as a general guide), and the aircraft is sitting on the ground doing nothing. What's better than sending them off to maintenance, at least for an A-check?

For bigger checks, well, the aircraft is already in the hangar - it's not doing anything day and night, but it's costing the airline money to ground the aircraft (because it's not flying, and hence not generating revenue, and hence the seats onboard perished, yada yada yada). So, might as well schedule work over the night and get the maintenance work out of the way ASAP without jeopardising work quality (of course!).

This way, the airline saves money, meets regulatory requirements, and the aircraft is happy cuz it's certified "okay and good to fly again". :D

Hmm..there seems to be some misunderstanding as to what an LAE actually does during night shifts...

Many international airlines the world round operate on a 24hour basis. This, as obvious as it may seem, means that there are flights being operated at all hours of the day...12pm...5pm...1am...4:50 am...etc etc.

Thus, LAE's have to be present on the ramp/tarmac to ensure that the aircrafts are fit to fly, and if not, carry out whatever repairs are necessary in order to ensure that the aircraft will still be able to operate a particular sector even if a delay is necessary...Safety comes first.

So..no..LAE's cant just "pick up the slack" the next day. They MUST be present at the airport at all hours of the day. Now...LAE's dont work 24 hours a day...its impossible...and its ILLEGAL. Thus, a batch of LAE's are usually split up into different "Shift Groups"...

eg.. A Shift, B Shift, C Shift (most of the talented LAE's make their way into this shift group...at least they do in Emirates and in MAS) etc.

Now...when placed into a shift group, the LAE's are then subjected to the working hours of that particular shift group which basically see them being rotated into shifts of equal working hours. So...A Shift might work the morning shift, B shift takes over at night, C shift is off...that sorta thing.

Hope this helps :)

Thanx Imran... :good:

But, how bout this :

BTW, can anybody explain what is EASA, JAA, and what is TAME's syllabus based on in MAlaysia...??? :help:

EASA = European Aviation Safety Agency

JAA = Joint Aviation Authority (based in NL IIRC)

AFAIK...the syllabus a TAME will follow here in Malaysia is the same as it is in any other part of the world. It's an internationally recognized qualification. Basically you'll cover Airframes, Power Plants, a small part of Theory of Flight, alot of Math/Physics, Industry Materials (all the metals and chemicals they use), Instrumentation (the tools they use) and loads more.

Try using Google more mate. Everything is available thru them. :)

Hmm..there seems to be some misunderstanding as to what an LAE actually does during night shifts...

Sorry, Imran - part 2 of Maintenance (Resource Management) only during tomorrow's lecture. :lol:

But as a general scheduling practice (at least here in AU), travel demand between 11pm and 6am is low, so no flights scheduled during that period unless absolutely necessary. Also note the night curfews at several major airports. ;)

Edited by Tony

TAME programme is following the syllabus which the DCA Malaysia still implementing known as BCAR Section L issue 13, list of the syllabus required can be found in the publication in Section L. Although BCAR will become obselete sometime 2008, but DCA will still implementing it unless they are converting to EASA.

One of the reasons LAE has night shift due to aircraft night stops, you can do functional check on the aircraft systems and some simple maintenance checks or maybe rectifying the defects. Not all airports in Malaysia has hangars, so, not all ASU can do A, B, and C checks. Normally like night shift in ASU Sabah and Sarawak not that much but you can claim overtime a lot.

Hi hi, thanks

Not really, just one of the tame trainee :D

Goodie~! Having fun? You should be!

Mind telling us a bit more about yourself in terms of how you got to being a TAME?

Cheers!

Guys.. Here is a little insight of AK TAME 2nd interview... :drinks:

There were 4 panels.. 3 men & 1 woman.. NO UNCLE TONY.. :(

Here are what you should expect :

-Introduce yourself

-What r you doin now..

-Proceed to your presentation.. [3 mins only...!!]

-After presentation they ask me .. Do i know the job.. like have to do night shift..leaving the family etc.. They even asked if i have a gf..WTF..

-Then they let me do the questioning..

There are 64 ppl for 2nd interview.. 8 ppl per session.. 2 sessions per day.. Tues-Friday..

About the project.. I did the Wright Flyer.. Present using laptop.. Many other ppl in my session have REAL model.. 1 person in my session even made a pair of wing using wood.. Real good stuff..

Last but not least.. Good luck to other people who r going to this interview in this few days.. :drinks:

And 1 more thing guys.. :blink:

DON'T TOUCH THE A320 MODEL !!! =@

HAHAHAHAHA....!!! :rofl:

haha didnt touch it~ :D so yea been to the second interview... im just so glad that this whole thing is over.

being selected or not, that doesnt really matter anymore. (it does actually) but hey.. done my best. Tho my presentation didnt really go that well. one of the interviewer really made me nervous! hahah with the stare...suicide questions.. u noe.. hahahah

of koz i'd be frustrated if i dn get selectd. but evrything happens for a reason.. there's a lot of other opportunities for me outthere.. i believe.

so all the best to other candidates! :)

just received call from AK, they ask me to attend the briefing on next thursday, 5pm. and buka puasa with tony fernandes! kekekz...

Congratulations Tze Shan! Welcome to exciting aviation world! Keep it up! Stay focused and go for it!!!