MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin P K

Best way to go from Singapore to KL

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if Air Asia is the only option if I want to flying from Singapore to KL. Of course the flight departs from JB, but is traveling from Singapore to JB an option? What other ways are there? MH, SQ...to expensive lah :(

Thanks!

Yes you can take couch from Singapore city to Kuala Lumpur city with price range from RM50+ to RM100+ one way. If fast and easy to travel. If not mistake it just need around 3 hours 50 mins to 4hours 50 mins depend on the trafic. It just one hour more from taking airplane.

Yes you can take couch from Singapore city to Kuala Lumpur city with price range from RM50+ to RM100+ one way. If fast and easy to travel. If not mistake it just need around 3 hours 50 mins to 4hours 50 mins depend on the trafic. It just one hour more from taking airplane.

Leo ,Travel by plane is about 45min only, now Airasia promotion rate is RM9.99 excluding tax(RM50.00).

I suggest that U better take plane if U want to save time. But if U want the budget travel, Keno can travel with the coach .As I know "5star coach" sit also offer like in plane have bus attedent,video game, vcd(personal) and mp3(personal) that was comfortable like in MAS or SQ!!!!!

Edited by Andrew Yong

Leo ,Travel by plane is about 45min only, now Airasia promotion rate is RM9.99 excluding tax(RM50.00).

I suggest that U better take plane if U want to save time. But if U want the budget travel, Keno can travel with the coach .As I know "5star coach" sit also offer like in plane have bus attedent,video game, vcd(personal) and mp3(personal) that was comfortable like in MAS or SQ!!!!!

Hi Andrew,

Initially I thought of flying too, but imagine the hassle...and time wastage, like from Changi to Senai...how long will this take? KLIA to home also quite far...so it's easier to take the bus I guess. Plus those look like first class seats, and power supply for laptop! I wonder if they got inflight broadband....

First Coach is really not bad at all :

S$30 one way from Novena Square (just above Novena MRT) direct to Bangsar LRT Station (Their KL office located behind the Bangsar 7 Eleven, near Bangsar LRT Station). RM40 for KL to Sin.

The bus is Scania bus, number plate is WMA XXXX (quite new though, although not brand new), normal VIP seat (3 seats per roll), use 2nd link for both ways, only stop in Pagoh both ways for 20 minutes break.

Schedule is 7.30am, 9.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm, 4.30pm & 6.30pm everyday, both ways.

Singapore office number is 68222111

Journey is 5 Hours sharp. Just tried out their service early this month & will definitely use them in the future if I need to go to Singapore.

If you are looking First Class like seats, Aerolines, Transtar, 5 Star, Airebus will be the better choice.

Instead of flying, try the rails! ;) Always lots of fun (and sometimes delays too, LOL!)

Edited by H Azmal

First Coach is really not bad at all :

S$30 one way from Novena Square (just above Novena MRT) direct to Bangsar LRT Station (Their KL office located behind the Bangsar 7 Eleven, near Bangsar LRT Station). RM40 for KL to Sin.

The bus is Scania bus, number plate is WMA XXXX (quite new though, although not brand new), normal VIP seat (3 seats per roll), use 2nd link for both ways, only stop in Pagoh both ways for 20 minutes break.

Schedule is 7.30am, 9.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm, 4.30pm & 6.30pm everyday, both ways.

Singapore office number is 68222111

Journey is 5 Hours sharp. Just tried out their service early this month & will definitely use them in the future if I need to go to Singapore.

If you are looking First Class like seats, Aerolines, Transtar, 5 Star, Airebus will be the better choice.

Greetings everybody - after lurking for a while I thought I'd register

I'm travelling to and from Singapore 1-2 times a week and always try to use First Coach. Although they lack some of the frills of Plusliner and Aeroline (personal TV, onboard service etc) they are a lot cheaper. As mentioned the journy takes 5 hours +/- 20 mins which from Bangsar is only 1 - 1.5 hours longer then flying and at RM100 return is RM700 cheaper then a confirmed MAS/SQ ticket

Nothing can beat our "Keretapi Tanah Melayu" experience... I just love trains!!

You should tried out all their 3 classes as well their sleeper car. I met many beautiful people onboard. heee....

Anyway my choice of buses to Singapore would be Sri Maju blue busses with huge red hibiscus flower from Puduraya (cheaper version) and Aeroline (5 Star service)

PC Yuen, I think I know where your avatar took place, is it Angkor Wat? Even the previous one I saw in the book I read "First the Killed my Father" :)

Anyway, enjoy the train :)

Edited by Seth K

Andrew, yes travel with air plane is 45 mins away. But do think of other time that one need to spend. KL city to KLIA is far. by bus or car one might need at lease 50 mins to reach KLIA from KL city. Trafic jam up till 1 hour plus. ok in the airport one need to check in and boarding and also at lease 1 hour before the flight. next the flight 45 mins. arrive SIN airport have to wait for 30 mins for clear immigration and custom. Then lastly take taxi to reach the city which again another 20 mins. So add up all how many mins or hour there? it like 4 hours plus already. So how much difference it like 1 hour difference from bus. And the price you calculate for me.

Travel to JHB also the same as KLIA is far. Senai also far from the city. BY time and money wise it not worth to spend flight to Senai and pass all bridge to singapore. Just use the bus less mess and city to city.

PC Yuen, I think I know where your avatar took place, is it Angkor Wat? Even the previous one I saw in the book I read "First the Killed my Father" :)

Anyway, enjoy the train :)

Yes Seth. I was in Cambodia 2 weeks ago. If u want more pics, I can share to you including gruesome pics of the killing field where human bone fragments are everywhere including the victims rotting clothing.... :huh: :sorry:

Yes Seth. I was in Cambodia 2 weeks ago. If u want more pics, I can share to you including gruesome pics of the killing field where human bone fragments are everywhere including the victims rotting clothing.... :huh: :sorry:

Share it at Pix speak a thousand words..................I'm sure the evil gov.(I forgot who) who killed pro- previous gov. can make us speechless :(

Share it at Pix speak a thousand words..................I'm sure the evil gov.(I forgot who) who killed pro- previous gov. can make us speechless :(

evil gov - Khmer Rouge

I shall start a new thread just for my Cambodian trip soon. :drinks:

Sign in to follow this