MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Boeing 797 (1000 seats)

Bush will not like this idea :lol: No matter how many years, if you still call it planes, you need to book it :)

Maybe Bush are no longer around by that time. :lol: Maybe it's lightyears away. :p

Edited by Adrian M

Maybe Bush are no longer around by that time. :lol: Maybe it's lightyears away. :p

He has his Bush generation.........first his dad as the president, then him, may next his brother since he ain't got no boy :rolleyes:

:lol: Maybe it's lightyears away. :p

Strangely, lightyears is a measure of distance, not time nor brightness !

BTW, did anyone else feel a chill down their spine upon first reading Capt R's vision of future aviation ? And Capt R, I reckon you for one has good need of the windows, well, when flying the thing anyway ! :)

With modern gadgets like infrared cameras, HUDs and autoland systems, only the law is preventing us from eliminating windows from cockpits. The Global Hawk flew from the USA to Australia (7500 miles) with no pilot on board. The aircraft is as big as a 737 and the "pilot" flies it from the ground.

With modern gadgets like infrared cameras, HUDs and autoland systems, only the law is preventing us from eliminating windows from cockpits. The Global Hawk flew from the USA to Australia (7500 miles) with no pilot on board. The aircraft is as big as a 737 and the "pilot" flies it from the ground.

Good point. You think it's feasible in future to do away with pilots as well, be they airborne or ground based ?

Maybe......our LRT trains run without drivers already. They are now making experimental cars that run on "invisible tracks" on roads guided by "autopilots' linked to a GPS and the city traffic computer. You get into your car, punch in your destination and the car works out the shortest, least congested way to that point and drives you there. The car's exact position is radioed to the city traffic computer all the time and sensors keep it a safe distance from other cars.

That blended wings looks beautiful. And who needs windows anyway?

At the airport, all passanger will proceed to a special room. There, they will lie in a rectangular casket. Then, some sort of gas will flow in where the passangers will go to sleep. The caskets will then be stacked up and loaded into the aircraft. Any space not utilized for the caskets will be used to carry cargo.

There will be no need for seats, galleys, toilets and cabin crew. All they is is 2 pilots to fly the thing. It will be more secure, too as nobody will be awake to attempt to do any hijackings or sabotage. More efficient too as passangers, cargo and baggage can be mixed in one cavernous hold.

At the end of the journey, the caskets will be brought to reactivation room, where the passangers will be rejuvenated and start off fresh at their destination.

that's remind me of the african slave ship back in early 1800. you can board up to 30,000 slave on the ship but when they arrived at London, only 5000 make out alive. if it's like that way, maybe i can run an airline call "Undertaker Airways" :p :p

Maybe......our LRT trains run without drivers already. They are now making experimental cars that run on "invisible tracks" on roads guided by "autopilots' linked to a GPS and the city traffic computer. You get into your car, punch in your destination and the car works out the shortest, least congested way to that point and drives you there. The car's exact position is radioed to the city traffic computer all the time and sensors keep it a safe distance from other cars.

I saw on TV about this, they have 6 metal detectors on road for every one meter, detects the system install in the car, eventually they(computer link to traffic controller HQ) know how to control the car at highway speed with no driver but have trouble about how to exit and enter the road. They say the cost is very cheap but one error could cost major problems. But they working on that :)

I saw on TV about this, they have 6 metal detectors on road for every one meter, detects the system install in the car, eventually they(computer link to traffic controller HQ) know how to control the car at highway speed with no driver but have trouble about how to exit and enter the road. They say the cost is very cheap but one error could cost major problems. But they working on that :)

I've worked on autonomous vehicle projects before... I can tell you what the problem is: Mixing human drivers and robots on the same road is a disaster waiting to happen. Humans are too difficult to predict. <_<

I've worked on autonomous vehicle projects before... I can tell you what the problem is: Mixing human drivers and robots on the same road is a disaster waiting to happen. Humans are too difficult to predict. <_>

Agree, and not all driver want to drive at same speed :)