MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Seth K

MyTravel A330 expected to be at BKI and Sandakan!

MyTravel around the world flight will stop at Sandakan and Kota Kinabalu for a few days.......Korean now MyTravel...................so spotters, go get it!!!!!

22 Apr: Copenhagen - Hamilton, Canada (arr 14:05)

23 Apr: Hamilton - San Francisco (arr 19:00)

25 Apr: San Francisco - Honolulu (arr 19:10)

27 Apr: Honolulu - Rarotonga, Cook Islands (arr 05:20, 28 Apr)

30 Apr: Rarotonga - Sydney (arr 12:55, 1 May)

03 May: Sydney - Sandakan, Malaysia (arr 05:30, 4 May)

04 May: Sandakan - Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia (arr 12:15)

06 May: Kota Kinabalu - Ho Chi Minh City (arr 11:00)

08 May: Ho Chi Minh - Agra, India (arr 17:15)

09 May: Agra - Muscat, Oman (arr 18:50)

11 May: Muscat - Cairo (arr 15:20)

12 May: Cairo - Copenhagen (arr 21:25)

Edited by Seth K

OMG! Great news! Thanks Seth for providing this. It might attract a lot of people in Sandakan since it's the biggest plane to land there.

MyTravel around the world flight will stop at Sandakan and Kota Kinabalu for a few days.......Korean now MyTravel...................so spotters, go get it!!!!!

22 Apr: Copenhagen - Hamilton, Canada (arr 14:05)

23 Apr: Hamilton - San Francisco (arr 19:00)

25 Apr: San Francisco - Honolulu (arr 19:10)

27 Apr: Honolulu - Rarotonga, Cook Islands (arr 05:20, 28 Apr)

30 Apr: Rarotonga - Sydney (arr 12:55, 1 May)

03 May: Sydney - Sandakan, Malaysia (arr 05:30, 4 May)

04 May: Sandakan - Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia (arr 12:15)

06 May: Kota Kinabalu - Ho Chi Minh City (arr 11:00)

08 May: Ho Chi Minh - Agra, India (arr 17:15)

09 May: Agra - Muscat, Oman (arr 18:50)

11 May: Muscat - Cairo (arr 15:20)

12 May: Cairo - Copenhagen (arr 21:25)

oh no.... I'll not be in Sandakan on the 4th!! Anyone out there happen to be in Sandakan on that day? really desperate to get this A330 land in Sandakan....SOS.....

Btw, thk u so much Seth K! do u know who r these guys travelling ard the world? which airlines' A330 they r chartering?

cheers :)

oh no.... I'll not be in Sandakan on the 4th!! Anyone out there happen to be in Sandakan on that day? really desperate to get this A330 land in Sandakan....SOS.....

Btw, thk u so much Seth K! do u know who r these guys travelling ard the world? which airlines' A330 they r chartering?

cheers :)

MyTravel is actually an airline based in Manchester.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyTravel_Airways

Edited by Adrian M

400 people will travel, it's MyTravel airways plane sponsor by them too.

There are 2 A330? Coz 400 doesn't fit a single A330. Unless they ops 744.

Thank you so much for these advance info's - now our spotting expeditions don't need to be so hit or miss. Sort of gives one direction in life - if so inclined !!

BTW, it's going to be one heck of a rushed schedule in SDK don't you think ? Are they just dropping by for breakfast ?!

Coz 400 doesn't fit a single A330. Unless they ops 744.

Even with a 744, it will be quite cramped for a round the world trip ? With 400 pax, looks like a resort here will be out of bounds to other guests again. :)

MyTravel has 330 that can fit 400+ people

3 stk. A330-300 Middel/langdistance 405/408 passagerer

Well, it will be a heavy landing, expect lots of rubber burning.

Just for MW view, here MyTravel 330.......

IPB Image

Roughly Information

Flight number: DK1956

Aicraft:A330-300

Passengers: 405

Travel Days: 21

Operator: MyTravel

Chartered By: Spies

:)

Edited by Seth K

Thank you so much for these advance info's - now our spotting expeditions don't need to be so hit or miss. Sort of gives one direction in life - if so inclined !!

BTW, it's going to be one heck of a rushed schedule in SDK don't you think ? Are they just dropping by for breakfast ?!

Even with a 744, it will be quite cramped for a round the world trip ? With 400 pax, looks like a resort here will be out of bounds to other guests again. :)

Thks for the info guys...... i think this group will be at Sepilok at 10am for the orang Utan feeding time, maybe drop by the WWII memorial afterward before heading back to the airport again. but abolutely no idea wat they r going to do between 0530 & 1000.... maybe transfer to sabah hotel for breakfast n a city tour?!

cheers:)

MyTravel has 330 that can fit 400+ people

3 stk. A330-300 Middel/langdistance 405/408 passagerer

Well, it will be a heavy landing, expect lots of rubber burning.

Just for MW view, here MyTravel 330.......

IPB Image

Roughly Information

Flight number: DK1956

Aicraft:A330-300

Passengers: 405

Travel Days: 21

Operator: MyTravel

Chartered By: Spies

:)

Great this time is RR Trent 700 engined A330... We so had enough of PW ones here. :lol: Bring it on with the petals!

A333 with 405 pax?!?! Boy, it's gonna be like a tuna can inside. But I really amazed A333 can bring close to B742 capacity of pax.

I know Adrian a lil bit hyper, but just don't forget to share the pixs!

Well, if 747 can bring more than 1000+ people, 330 sure can, Malaysia Boleh ! :lol:

Edited by Seth K

I know Adrian a lil bit hyper, but just don't forget to share the pixs!

Well, if 747 can bring more than 1000+ people, 330 sure can, Malaysia Boleh !

Of coz!! I love to share the pix and the vids. Just hope you guys don't mind the non DSLR quality of pix haha But I try to get the pix as good quality as possible.

Thanks a lot, Seth....but KL spotters are left in the lurch.

Capt. Attan, at least you guys have A346 and B773 there, we would never get to see it here at BKI. You guys there at KLIA are so lucky....

is this will be the first time a A330 landed in Sandakan?

i hav asked this qns before :) .... in fact i was keen to find out any other widebody that have landed in SDK before... so far cant find anything yet........

cheers

....but KL spotters are left in the lurch.

Yeah right - try out our passion here at BKI for two days, then I dare you to repeat that statement !! :D :D :D

i hav asked this qns before :) .... in fact i was keen to find out any other widebody that have landed in SDK before... so far cant find anything yet........

cheers

Wow if A330 is the 1st widebody land at SDK it's gonna be made into history. Maybe there are media people going to be there. Prolly made it to newspaper. Since MASkargo B742 landed at Bintulu got TV3 coverage. If I'm SDK local drive thru 8 Mile road and suddenly a A330 take off, I would certainly shocked. 1130 is very busy time on weekdays.

I think there will be welcome ceremony-a typical Malaysian style with politicians plus the popular kompang. Sure it will get publicity and then the minister will come up and say "this show the Sabah tourism is a world class"n whatsoever. But just for countdown, it will be less than a month now. And if you like to join this trip, it is 6500 bucks including hotels, meals n etc. :)

Edited by Seth K

Photo speaks a thousand word

My 1000th

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image1000IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

*Icon borrowed

And I will rest from now on..........

Edited by Seth K

I think there will be welcome ceremony-a typical Malaysian style with politicians plus the popular kompang. Sure it will get publicity and then the minister will come up and say "this show the Sabah tourism is a world class"n whatsoever. But just for countdown, it will be less than a month now. And if you like to join this trip, it is 6500 bucks including hotels, meals n etc. :)

$6500 for around the world trip sounds reasonable as it includes hotels n such. So if you wanna have more returns, eat more at the buffet. :lol:

Hope Some of our Spotter here.. can make a coverage about this ^_^ MWs Is faster than a News what.. wakakaka.