MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

Mahathir: 'Don't stop LHR-LGK flights'

AKL-TWU (for me and SV Choong)

TWU airport can handle a 330 cant it? haha.. i remember that was part of the hype when they built it

Ken,

TWU-HKG is the first A330 international route out of TWU and follow by TWU-KUL on A330 :) Then for the golfers, NRT-TWU and KIX-TWU :)

Wishful thinking :) Won't be seeing during my lifetime

..... Then for the golfers, NRT-TWU and KIX-TWU :)

Wishful thinking :) Won't be seeing during my lifetime

Stranger things have happened SV - if Liverpool Football Club could win the Champions League, imagine the possibilities !!

As for the golfers bit, wouldn't be beyond Ken's dad to fix something along those lines - eh, Ken ?! ;) ;)

Actually not as far fetched as it seems - read somewhere most of the Japanese disembarking at BKI go straight onwards to TWU/Sipadan anyway

Edited by Bing Chu

LHR-AMS-FCO-DXB-MAA-TGG using an A330.

Kandiah,

reminds me of taking a PR flight in 1978 with PH-DTK DC-10-30: AMS-FRA-FCO-KHI-BKK-MNL...baaaahhhh took me almost 24 hours to complete the flight :o :p

Let's see - what's next if the lovely Dr M has its way...

NST: On the back of record losses, MAS is tomorrow expected to announce a slew of job cuts. CEO Idris Jala was quoted as saying that he intended to "enhance shareholder value" by making all staff associated with the Enrich frequent flyer program redundant "since it's pretty crap anyway". Mr Jala is also set to announce the sale of the entire MAS 747 fleet to Air Asia in return for a free 737 jet for the exclusive use of the Department of Transport and a small tropical island. All 777s and airbuses will be leased out to rival Singapore Airlines in exchange forseveral billion Krisflyer miles. The purchase of the A380 will also be cancelled. As of 1 Jul 2006, the KUL jet base will be shut down and all its activities will be transferred to LGK, with a secondary hub at AOR. All flights to LHR will be operated using a 734 via AOR, BOM, DXB, ATH and CDG.

Edited by Keith T

NST: On the back of record losses, MAS is tomorrow expected to announce a slew of job cuts. CEO Idris Jala was quoted as saying that he intended to "enhance shareholder value" by making all staff associated with the Enrich frequent flyer program redundant "since it's pretty crap anyway". Mr Jala is also set to announce the sale of the entire MAS 747 fleet to Air Asia in return for a free 737 jet for the exclusive use of the Department of Transport and a small tropical island. All 777s and airbuses will be leased out to rival Singapore Airlines in exchange forseveral billion Krisflyer miles. The purchase of the A380 will also be cancelled. As of 1 Jul 2006, the KUL jet base will be shut down and all its activities will be transferred to LGK, with a secondary hub at AOR. All flights to LHR will be operated using a 734 via AOR, BOM, DXB, ATH and CDG.

Keith,

How direct can you get !!!!!!

:p :p :p

Kandiah,

reminds me of taking a PR flight in 1978 with PH-DTK DC-10-30: AMS-FRA-FCO-KHI-BKK-MNL...baaaahhhh took me almost 24 hours to complete the flight :o :p

Pieter,

Wow, Im sure it was a very loooooooooooooong flight !!!!!!!!!!!!

Awful !!!!!!

:huh:

Are you complaining Pieter ? ;) Sounds like an expedition to savour, though I have not had the opportunity to try PR's long haul offerings before.

I think those hopping flights were the way to go in those days - remember MH's KUL/mid east/europe/LHR runs ? Compulsory complimentary jet lag !!

Back then flights were so long! I wasn't exist yet back then, but I see the stress on a real long flight, I was born in 89'and first flight on 747 non-stop, how fast the world change! :)

Aiyaa...looks like it's a very looooong flight to come! looks awful to the Flight and cabin crew and also the passengers! :lol:

Why only London - Langkawi, Mr. Mahathir? How about London - Penang??? I want my MH 007 back!!! :p :p

Isn't Kedah his home place :rolleyes: ;)

z

Sign in to follow this