MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alif A. F.

Runways at the Middle of City Centres

Can't imagine the noise 30 metres away from your bedroom!

Is this the future of airports? Runways could be built in CITY CENTRES with planes taking off above streets.

2A863AAE00000578-3160955-image-a-60_1436

More at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3160955/Is-future-airports-Runways-built-CITY-CENTRES-planes-taking-streets-want-live-there.html

It will be a major disaster if there is a crash. Imagine what will happen if a plane's undercarriage collapses on landing....

I can imagine cities having to be completely flattened and rebuilt in such orderly manner just to accommodate the runways :lol:

Can't even start to imagine what NIMBYs will have to say !

This reminds me of the purported Manhattan Airport Foundation's plan to raze Central Park to build an airport there... http://manhattanairport.org/

I notice that link is dated 2009

Have you noticed any Manhattan skyscrapers nearby getting pulled down in the six years or so since ?

The proposed runway would not be of much use otherwise I think :)

I notice that link is dated 2009

Have you noticed any Manhattan skyscrapers nearby getting pulled down in the six years or so since ?

The proposed runway would not be of much use otherwise I think :)

Well it is a tongue-in-cheek proposal, so...

But either proposals may become reality earlier than LHR third runway the way it seems so that's that! :p

I was expecting, no need to runway in future.....they will take off and land vertical, isn't like that? :)

Sign in to follow this