MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Raymond Ngu

2 hours spotting trip in Sibu on 1/4/2006

Felt boring and need to relax after work, so head to Sibu Airport (SBW) which is 24km from town.

Got some unusual aircraft in SBW on that day.

9M-LLI Layang Layang Aerospace. I have no idea why she's in SBW.

IPB Image

Another star of my spotting trip is this helicopter (N-8899) that i never see before at SBW. Can anyone provide some info about it?

IPB Image

Hope u guys enjoy............ More to come.

Nice shot Raymond..first time seeing that Layang Layang Plane..

I believe that Heli is Eurocopter Made..It's a EC135 or 155..sumthin like tht..can't remember..

More shots plz..

Edited by raj

I believe that Heli is Eurocopter Made..It's a EC135 or 155..sumthin like tht..can't remember..

US registry, as shown by Denny, shows a EC120 ;)

Thanks for the comment and info.

Some more pics...

MAS F-50 9M-MGJ landed on RWY 13.

IPB Image

After the F-50 landing, N-8899 take off.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's so nice to see a futuristic helicopter take off in front of you, the engine sound is so quiet.

It's so nice to see a futuristic helicopter take off in front of you, the engine sound is so quiet.

I mean modern :p

Got 2 Rare Stuff Arr.. Nice !! Thank For Sharing.. Yeah That Heli. Look Realy Cool.. What She do in Sibu Arr ???

Another star of my spotting trip is this helicopter (N-8899) that i never see before at SBW. Can anyone provide some info about it?

IPB Image

Hope u guys enjoy............ More to come.

I remember I saw this heli last Saturday somewhere near Simpang Tiga

I remember I saw this heli last Saturday somewhere near Simpang Tiga

Yes.. it belongs to Sebiro Holdings Sdn Bhd.. Whatever syarikat that is hehee.. I want that Heli at my Site every morning haha :lol:

Ignatius,

Thanks for the info.

N-8899 departed SBW with a pilot and a passenger, but i don't know the destination.

Is Sebiro Holdings Sdn Bhd based in Kuching?

Some more pics.

MAS F-50 9M-MGD taxiing into the apron via Taxiway Alpha.

IPB Image

IPB Image

AK 9M-AAA taxiing on Taxiway Alpha towards the apron.

IPB Image

All pics are shot through the fense. Having a hard time to adjust the angle as the lense is bigger than the hole of the fense.

More to come...

MAS F-50 9M-MGD taxiing into the apron via Taxiway Alpha.

IPB Image

What a sexy Dutch ah-moi :o :huh:

Tze Shan,

Twin Otter flight on Sat only arrives around 5pm. I went home before 4pm, so did not get her. Will try to get one some other day.

Pieter,

Agree with u, F-50 definitely sexier than the B737.

Sibu got more F-50 flights in the afternoon. Better catch them fast, who knows what will happen to them during MAS restructuring.

-snip-snip-.

All pics are shot through the fense. Having a hard time to adjust the angle as the lense is bigger than the hole of the fense.

-snip

You did well, Raymond :D

I thought you were within the airside... :D :D

One day i go sibu spot exactly where u did hehe... if I got time :lol: Good distance mah..

eh... i also wanna join... imagine Raymond, Jon and Iggy these three buggers spotting together at the fence there :lol:

eh... i also wanna join... imagine Raymond, Jon and Iggy these three buggers spotting together at the fence there :lol:

And half way spotting.. we all start cursing, because the only planes to spot are MH and AK babies hehe... I know 4 sure Jon will wait for his Hani and Stella to pop out from one of the Ak's. :lol: :lol:

That will be quite a sight at SBW.

I was just there for 2 hours and there were many curious eyes and faces staring at me. One man finally asked me after looking at what i did (adjust here and there by the fense)..... The conversation went like this...

"Are u a reporter"

"No"

"Then why u shoot aeroplanes"

"Hobby"

"You really like your hobby hoh"

"Yes"

Luckily i was about to leave after he asked, if not, it'll be like an investigation.

So, i cannot imagine what will happen if Jon, Iggy and me spot by the fense together :rolleyes:

Some more pics...

9M-MGD take off from RWY 13, which is rare in SBW as RWY 13 is mainly used for landing.

IPB Image

9M-MGI just landed on RWY 13. A small Fokker sign is visible at the tail.

IPB Image

9M-MQF just landed on RWY 13 with reverse thrust. Check out those flaps. Normally, MAS B734 will turn into the apron via Taxiway Bravo but this time "Quebec Foxtrot" landed quite late and only slowed down after Taxiway Bravo.

IPB Image

One of my favourite from my spotting trip on 1/4. 9M-AAA rotation on RWY 13. Just beautiful.

IPB Image

Hope u guys enjoy.

Sign in to follow this