MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

MAS Website Hacked by Cicakman!

The more i think about it: the more i think it happened within our shores, has zero to do with ISIS, or that ilk.

They used the words: MAS. Nobody really calls it MAS except locally

The truly asinine commentary, lack of coherence in language, and just general unintelligibility lead me to believe it happened here, it happened too easily, and it wasn't particularly high-tech.

If i were to GUESS: Kakitangan atau Penumpang dengki

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Apparently it's a very famous hacker group.. Doubt they are based in Malaysia.

Where did the hackers use "MAS" by the way? Maybe simply because the tweethandle is @MAS?

Lizard Squad was the same group that hacked the Xbox and PlayStation network on Christmas day

Edited by DaTan

Lizard Squad was the same group that hacked the Xbox and PlayStation network on Christmas day

I guess the competence level of those at Sony IT department just the same as MAS IT department then..

vandals

Facebook and Instagram taken offline as Lizard Squad hackers hint at responsibility

Facebook and Instagram were both taken offline this morning around 1AM ET, with hacker group Lizard Squad hinting that they may have been responsible. The social network’s help site for developers reports downtime on both Facebook and Instagram's API servers "from 22:10 until 23:10 PST." The note adds that "our engineers identified the cause of the outage and recovered the site quickly."
Tinder also reported being knocked offline, sending a tweet earlier this morning saying: "EVERYBODY PANIC! #Blizzard? North Korea? #TindernetApocalypse." The site said that it had recovered an hour later, reassuring users: "PS: Your matches aren't gone, just logout and log back in!" Work messaging client Hipchat was also affected, and claims it is still working on restoring its services.
Hacking group Lizard Squad, who previously claimed responsibility for the attacks on Xbox Live and the PlayStation network over Christmas, suggested that they might have had a hand in these recent outages. A pinned tweet on the group's Twitter account simply says "Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, AIM, Hipchat #offline #LizardSquad," while an alleged member of the group tweeted a picture of himself holding a sign saying "dox me" with the caption "For all the mad people."

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/27/7920161/facebook-instagram-down-lizard-squad-hints-at-involvement

Edited by DaTan

Facebook says to blame for temporary outages of its sites
from: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/facebook-says-to-blame-for-temporary-outages-of-its-sites#sthash.sAPyzq7n.dpuf

Heh, we could well see a developing trend of hosts admitting responsibility for outages as a matter of procedure, perhaps just to calm customers' jitters :D

Sign in to follow this