MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
J. Suri

World's most dangerous airlines named: AirAsia included on list but Malaysia Airlines scores above average for safety

Daily Mail is a tabloid newspaper best to be avoid. Sensational headlines and news at its finest...I prefer The Telegraph.

Apparently reminds me a lot to H.Metro!

The IOSA audit, whilst proves a particular carrier is on paper safe with robust systems and processes in place, by not completing the audit it does not prove an airline is necessarily unsafe. The audit is a requirement for membership into IATA which in turn allows an airline to engage in interlining, etc.

I'm sure without knowing a dollar figure, would also be very costly to complete.

Low cost carriers, in particular, would shy away from completing such an audit because of cost, and not having the need to interline with other carriers. It does not mean that the safety management processes and systems in place for such a carrier would not be the equivalent of one with IOSA accreditation - that is merely "assumed" (but don't get me at all wrong as I'm sure in many cases the assumptions are correct) for the purpose of these ratings.

Agreed Peter. They just don't offer themselves to be audited on operational safety. That doesn't mean they are unsafe. Ryanair, Southwest and JetBlue don't go for the audit either.

Sign in to follow this