MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Colin Kok

My Little contribution

Colin,

Thanks for nice scenic view onboard SIA997 from NRT.

Rare to see SIA's Narita reversal 8 departure!

Can't wait to see your next selection.

Haneda is purely domestic now, although visiting heads of gov't can still use it. For e.g., in 2004 - Air Force One arrived there.

Oh please do not forget shuttle flight to Seoul Kimpo.

Now you can see Asiana and Korean Air every day.

Also OX and PR is 2nd regular for HND charter during our peak season :p

SV: Yes second set of pictures, I was operating SQ cargo Freighter. As I am employed under SIA main fleet terms, I fly both the PAX version and Cargo freighters. My counterparts employed by SIA Cargo only get to fly the Cargo version after turning full-pledged crew. Though they get to fly both too "only" during their line training.

Colin, thanks for the insight. Are there any separate requirements for flying the 744 pax and 744 F? How different is the pax 744 and 744F? Cheers :p

Hi Yuki,

Thanks, will do. sorting out the photos at the moment. Leaving for London tomorrow night. See if I can upload Alaska pics soon. :p

Hello SV:

Nothing special requirements to operate both. The main difference in qualification or licence to operate is the ( "SEP" Safety & Emergency procedure ) for 747 passenger & Freighter aircraft. There is more knowledge to know about when operating the PAX aircraft as it involves Cabin Crew too.

So for myself an annual SEP exam comprises of either "let" (refering to dry classrooms activities) & "wet" ( Swimming with cabin crew ) have to be done for both aircraft types plus Dangerous goods exam (every 2 yrs once).

For the Aircrafts.......... basic weights, freighters are much more lighter as they do not carry many passenger seats, cabin crew galley, overhead bins etc etc. Max take off Wts for Pax 747 approximate 397 Tons, Freighter is near 394 Tons. Landing weight for Freighter is certified much higher abt 300++ Tons ( obviously as they carry huge amount of Cargos ) than the Pax which is close to 280 Tons. I am giving a raw figures here only.

Also the Freighter 747 has got no Stabiliser fuel tank at the tail end unlike the normal 747 pax fleet. Hope this ans to some of your queries.

Cheers,

Colin

Denny and Pieter: Now I know CI does not fly to Haneda anymore! I remember a CI advertisement in Chinese ages ago that they advertise themselves as flying into HND so that it is closer to their Tokyo city and does not have to travel all the way to Tokyo city from Narita.

Colin: Thanks for the info. Now I know the MH pilots who took home 9M-MPR are from the 744 pax version. Colin, another question, do new -400 Freighters carry LCD screens (like the 777s) instead of the CRTs? I think I have noticed 9M-MPR's screens are likely to be LCDs rather than CRTs.

Do you know if 9V-SFC had departed the SIA Cargo fleet for good to Air China? Or is it just a temporary lease? Once again, thanks for the info.

Hello SV,

Sorry for late reply. Just got back from London.

Ok the latest 744 Freighters all came with the new LCDs screens just like the 777s, only that they still do not have the electronic checklist gadgets yet incorporated. As for 9V-SFC, not too sure on that.

Only know that 2 SIA Cargo jumbos will be leased to Great Wall Airlines ( based in Shanghai ) which is looking at commencing Freighter services real soon. Possible in May.

Cheers, :lol:

Colin

The only Jumbo i want to fly is a freighter Jumbo...either -200-300-400....dream...dream... :) :)

The only Jumbo i want to fly is a freighter Jumbo...either -200-300-400....dream...dream... :) :)

why... you don't why ah moi ah? because it's easier to maintain straight and level?

Colin, welcome. Next time don't just fly over ZRH, do drop by! Will show you the bright side, heheh...

Guys,

Continue of my trip from london back to sin.

Enjoying the moon just before sunset over Europe

IPB Image

Beautiful clouds over Amsterdam. Here's for you Pieter !!!

IPB Image

For the 1st time overhead panel of the 744. Sorry very hard to get a good angle to take this shot.

Pls endure the slant angle.

IPB Image

Pulau Tioman on the left on descent. Windows a bit dirty man !!!

IPB Image

Finally home sweet home after 11hrs 45 mins flight, viewing Singapore from 7000ft descending for Rwy 02L

IPB Image

Cheers,

Colin

Beautiful clouds over Amsterdam. Here's for you Pieter !!!

IPB Image

Thanks for remembering me when overflying the Netherlands, Colin...indeed, we often do have beautiful cloud-formation over our country...sea-climate influence, I guess ;)

Can be pretty turbulent, though :mellow:

Haneda is purely domestic now, although visiting heads of gov't can still use it. For e.g., in 2004 - Air Force One arrived there.

Hi

Haneda is not purely for domestic services nowadays; e.g. Asiana Airlines still operates scheduled flights to Seoul (ICN) and Busan (PUS) with A330-300 aircraft. Also JAL operates a view international flights out of HND (also to S-Korea).

Cheers,

Eric

Min Chun: Aa always glad to share. More to come soon. Cheers.

Eric: Thanks for the info and look to hear from you again real soon.

Pieter:

Of cos I will remember you while flying over AMS, the controller too have a very nice sweet voice.....haha

telling her ok over to MAASTRICHT 132.855 bye bye Singapore 317.

Coming over to disturb you end April. Ha Ha.......hey I got another MAY trip to AMS. So will get to meet up with you twice then. Hee Hee :D ......Hope you don't mind if I let my Capt tag along to the model shop and plane spotting if he shows any interest then. Cheers Pieter :lol:

Best regards,

Colin

Haneda is not purely for domestic services nowadays; e.g. Asiana Airlines still operates scheduled flights to Seoul (ICN) and Busan (PUS) with A330-300 aircraft. Also JAL operates a view international flights out of HND (also to S-Korea).

Thanks for correction. Asiana also flies to NRT too.

Most travellers prefer HND because you can get to downtown within 30mins. From NRT it takes 80mins by NRT express, 95mins by local JR train and 120mins by limousine bus. Frequency is about 45mins for local and 30mins for NRT express. If include waiting and travelling time - it will take >2hrs to reach downtown.

Coming over to disturb you end April. Ha Ha.......hey I got another MAY trip to AMS. So will get to meet up with you twice then. Hee Hee :D ......Hope you don't mind if I let my Capt tag along to the model shop and plane spotting if he shows any interest then. Cheers Pieter :lol:

No problem, Colin, just SMS or PM me, and I'll be pleased to show you and your captain around the Schiphol airport area ;)

Seth: Always welcome, more to come after sorting in my notebook.

Pieter:

Thanks Pieter. Will let u know after my arrival. Meanwhile keep the weather temperature in AMS cool alright. Heee Heee :p Polar bear needs it alot.

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks for the beautiful WSSS right hand downwind shot and the overhead panel shot. Looks like the APU bleed button is on though the APU is normally off in that phase. Is that right?

Good day Capt Attan,

It was a beautiful morning when I arrived back into Sin. Hence my tiny fuji cam started to work hard. Ha Ha.

The APU switch ( near top left in the photo ) is in off position after all engines are started and achieved self substaining speed. Meanwhile the near bottom right APU engine bleed valve is left "on" together with all the PACKs switches on that is the normal configuration for flight. :D

Cheers,

COlin

Pieter:

Meanwhile keep the weather temperature in AMS cool alright. Polar bear needs it alot.

Today's temp only 10 degrees Celsius...better bring a warm (winter) coat along (if you have one)...

Sign in to follow this