MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

MWings Newsletter

Pls also think of the logistics of such a mammoth task. Just coverage for the Asian Aerospace 2006 for the 9V newsletter is going to take up over 15 pages. The effort involved is tremendous, especially since its a 2 man team.

Pick up from what I've done on 9V, and improve. After that we'll copy the ideas :D NinerVictor Newsletter Issue 1

Edited by tsentsan

Ok, guys here's a list i've compiled thus far, repeats and some ideas may not appear as you have to remember this will effectively be a two-man band. Its also a newsletter, not a magazine (like Airliner World)

Newsletter Ideas

- Spotting lists of stations visited/Trip Reports

- Upcoming MW meets

- Ahmoi page

- Spotting locations around the world.

- Stories / highlights from this forum

- Top 10 spotting photos of the month.

- Camera / spotting tips

- Model reviews / releases / member's collections

- Trading Post/Classifieds

- Recent awards received by Airlines

- Flightsim News

- Travel Tips/Ideas

- Rumours, Comments on Government's, airport authorities', DCA's and airlines' operations and plans relating to aviation

- History

this is good enough for me. i like it this way.

Azuddin

Gibby, did i late for comment? hope still can...

how about the 'way' we can choose to be a pilot? eg, thru airline cadet. and the things we need to pay attention, eg, if take the license at foreign country such as Australia, we need whats kind of convert. <_>

hope my idea work... :)

Gibby, did i late for comment? hope still can...

how about the 'way' we can choose to be a pilot? eg, thru airline cadet. and the things we need to pay attention, eg, if take the license at foreign country such as Australia, we need whats kind of convert. <_>

hope my idea work... :)

:o Then Edwin should be the man.. :D

try PM Edwin Yii in this forums.

He has ppl from Australia, now back at Malaysia. You could ask him for the conversion stuff.

For eg... Sun got it on Page 3... :p

Hmm...the ahmois on that page can make the "soft muscle go hard" (quoted from LeeCH) B)

TTT, the one we drew up for 9V is more of a magazine than a newsletter! It was huge!

All ideas have been recorded, and we will know consult during the week with one another.

Just remember, not every edition will be the same. We may have 1 thing this time, and another in the next. So, things like pilot interview, ways to the top etc, will be "rotated"

Member list is great, which will allow all subsequent editions to include the names/location of only new members (TTT you reading this??)

Will keep you posted

Initial newsletter should focus on AVIATION ISSUES only...

Better produce a simple newsletter AS SOON AS POSSIBLE than take looooooong time to produce a 'near perfect' newsletter.

Despite my busy work, I'd love to help... when can we meet up?

How bout a column-Around the World, where MW members post which is not in Malaysia :)

Or would it be a issue of PDF and make it online for oversea members like me?

:p

Or would it be a issue of PDF and make it online for oversea members like me?

:p

I agree to a PDF format. That way save time, cost and logistics factor. Anybody interested can simply download it. But I suggest a full colour ONCE A YEAR PRINTED AND SOLD IN THE STREET Malaysianwings Yearbook. It could be titled "MALAYSIAN AVIATION 2006/07 BY MALAYSIANWINGS.COM".

But I suggest a full colour ONCE A YEAR PRINTED AND SOLD IN THE STREET Malaysianwings Yearbook. It could be titled "MALAYSIAN AVIATION 2006/07 BY MALAYSIANWINGS.COM".

hmmmmmm, cannot contribute in that case, unless it's MH016/MH017 taken at AMS ?

TTT, the one we drew up for 9V is more of a magazine than a newsletter! It was huge!

All ideas have been recorded, and we will know consult during the week with one another.

Just remember, not every edition will be the same. We may have 1 thing this time, and another in the next. So, things like pilot interview, ways to the top etc, will be "rotated"

Member list is great, which will allow all subsequent editions to include the names/location of only new members (TTT you reading this??)

Will keep you posted

Of cos I'm reading. I read this with my own vested interest anyway. What I do suggest is that there should be a "theme" for every edition. For eg, the inaugural edition might feature the new Low Cost terminal or even the MAS restructuring... it would be the main feature article... Then we have side articles like special movements, news, spotting tips etc.... Optimal size for the newsletter IMHO should be 10 pages excluding cover (The first 2 editions of 9V will exceed that by a few hundred percent)... Pictures are also important, the more the merrier but there's a limit to the sky. Heck, you guys might even want to turn Azahan's and JKSC's trip on AFC into an article (but of course any free advertisement for AK now is very taboo given that they will sue you for copyright)...

Somethings were briefly discussed last night, between three of us involved in this task.

One thing we did agree upon, that this is a newsletter, not a magazine.

So please, we welcome more suggestions, however remember what I have just said in doing.

We thank you and appreciate your support and criticisms thus far!