MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

Extra MH flights to DXB & JED

To cater for the growing demand during this northern summer season in the Gulf region, MH has, on a per week basis, one extra 744 service to JED, 1 extra 330 to DXB and I believe 3 or 4 extra 772 service to DXB. I think these are for months July-August.

Summer in the north ? meaning LH sending their 346 back here again?

88[/snapback]

Northen summer as opposed to Southern winter in the lower hemisphere. Northen summer generally means Apr-Oct, with peak travel months July-August.

Don't know about LH's 346 though.

Northen summer as opposed to Southern winter in the lower hemisphere. Northen summer generally means Apr-Oct, with peak travel months July-August.

Don't know about LH's 346 though.

92[/snapback]

lately with their 340-300 , abit boring already la . need that flying pencil back in KUL . :)

i believe this extra flights are to cater the growing pax demand from Arab countries right?

since MAS and Emirates increase their frequencies during this period...did Qatar airways increase their frequency?

sorry for my poor english..im still improving on it.. :)

Guest Fendy
Summer in the north ? meaning LH sending their 346 back here again?

88[/snapback]

the 346 was for the winter schedule. they previously sent in the 343 for a few weeks before they switched to 744 services in summer.

WOW... I cant wait to see MH's 777-200's back in Dubai! Although i'll see all of them during my summer holidays..I hope they extend the service to include the month of September as there are many arabs who return during that month as the new school year starts in Mid September for 90% of the schools in the Mid. East.

thanx mushrif for the info,

that gives me the incentive to fly to dxb. honestly i prefer to be on a T7 than A333/2. and frankly, dxb is a first class destination just like lhr and i am thinking MH should utilise its glamorous aircraft like T7.

that gives me the incentive to fly to dxb. honestly i prefer to be on a T7 than A333/2. and frankly, dxb is a first class destination just like lhr and i am thinking MH should utilise its glamorous aircraft like T7.

146[/snapback]

Azahan,

Come on over bro! Dont wait until February! I also prefer to fly on a T7 than on an A330-200/-300. Nothing can beat it.... :lol:

Liam, nice to see you here :)

I have also found that KUL-AKL are all 777s now, but recent visit to MAS website had informed me that the 747 will return once in a week now, hopefully the 747s will return for a few more days when it gets busier later on.

KUL-ARN-EWR have taken over by the 747s, in the past it used to be 777s on this run. I guess the capacity have increased on this route.

146[/snapback]

Frankly, I don't think it is like London. Imran may disagree but I think DXB lacks a soul, lacks culture - it is trying to be like Singapore when it's not. DXB seems to cater to those largely beer-drinking sun-worshipping masses. All the infra, somehow felt quite fake, like a movie set. Hardly any locals. I'm actually quite bored of that place. You may visit it once or twice just to check the place out, but I found Saudi, Yemen and Oman to be a lot more interesting places.

mushrif,

you may be right mushrif. i have heard the same remark by others too before. may be the discovery travel channel has given us exagerating information. we'll see when i get there soon. but bet you, i am more interested in its airport itself than others. heheh.

mushrif,

you may be right mushrif. i have heard the same remark by others too before. may be the discovery travel channel has given us exagerating information. we'll see when i get there soon.  but bet you, i am more interested in its airport itself than others.  heheh.

192[/snapback]

The travel channel program was prob. catered for those beer-drinking sun-worshipping masses. After one or two visits, it does not deserve another visit.

The airport terminal is nice but very crowded during peak hours. The duty free shopping is largely exaggerated - nothing more than a hyped-up glossy-packages-beautiful-pictures-brochure supermarket wannabe with some small departmental store sections. Changi seems a lot better....way better.

The new extensions to the terminal will add much needed space, with its check-in and arrivals/ baggage claim located underground. But this is still work in progress.

Spotting wise, you get some exotics with many good locations to spot from, like in the old part of DXB, such as Deira where planes are on final approach. Also, Sharjah airport is just down the road with its Russian this and that.

Just like EK, DXB Inc. is good in marketing, so be forewarned...

Oh, it's that time of the year again? July and (especially) August is when most shopping malls around KL are full with rich Arabs. Not bad at all to the local economy B)

Guest Fendy
I wanna go to that fancy hotel that looks like a sail . it looks so uber but i bet i couldn't even afford the cheapest room in that place . :p

219[/snapback]

thats the burj al-arab.

The Burj Al-Arab is a marvellous hotel. It is fabulously designed..incorporates extremely modern ammenities with traditional,arabian interiors...and is also damn expensive.

It'll cost you 200 dirhams just to enter the gates of the hotel. That money is then credited to a 'temporary account' in your name which allows you to spend that 200 dirhams inside the hotel.

Small Hajj we call it... :)

Ahh..how long will u be there for?

Im heading for Umrah on the 15th of June...

Sign in to follow this