MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia X Australia Promo Video

Yes it is very smart marketing.

Until the winglet of the A330 is shown halfway through you would of never guessed it was an Air Asia commercial.

More tricks to deceive... :diablo:

Why don't you start your own thread ... "AirAsia Sucks" or something, rather than contaminating other well-meaning threads?

Is Josh T an aussie? I heard quite a number of aussie has complained on D7, especially when it comes to fares. But not as much hatred towards TR. :D

I'm up in KCH next month primarily for the F1 which I'll be flying to each day on AK.

Whilst researching fares using the booking engines of both MH and AK I found the MH website more deceiving as you see a fare for example KCH-BKI is RM129 so you go to book it and then the surcharges are added on-top of this, so personally I found that quite misleading. The fare then goes to say RM187.

In AK's defence they showed the all in price excluding add ons such as meals, amenity kits, baggage etc which is far less confusing hence the reason AK got 9 of my 12 flights.

The price shown on the booking engine in the search whether it be MH smart/flex should be the total fare excluding add ons, not + surcharges these should be displayed initially.

I booked QF PER-SYD-SIN and they show the total fare initially obviously excluding CC surcharges and $10 seat selection fee which is only applicable on international sectors.

AK have learnt well from their past mistakes and the new commercial is superb, well worth watching if you haven't viewed it.

I'm up in KCH next month primarily for the F1 which I'll be flying to each day on AK.

Whilst researching fares using the booking engines of both MH and AK I found the MH website more deceiving as you see a fare for example KCH-BKI is RM129 so you go to book it and then the surcharges are added on-top of this, so personally I found that quite misleading. The fare then goes to say RM187.

In AK's defence they showed the all in price excluding add ons such as meals, amenity kits, baggage etc which is far less confusing hence the reason AK got 9 of my 12 flights.

The price shown on the booking engine in the search whether it be MH smart/flex should be the total fare excluding add ons, not + surcharges these should be displayed initially.

I booked QF PER-SYD-SIN and they show the total fare initially obviously excluding CC surcharges and $10 seat selection fee which is only applicable on international sectors.

AK have learnt well from their past mistakes and the new commercial is superb, well worth watching if you haven't viewed it.

AK was once sued by Australia for failing to display the full fare. That's why they do so. Not only MH, there are many other airlines not displaying full fares too, like CX as well.

Is Josh T an aussie? I heard quite a number of aussie has complained on D7, especially when it comes to fares. But not as much hatred towards TR. :D

I most certainly am. Yes, the only airlines more hated by everyone is TR. They are the absolute worst!

Love the commercial, have seen it several times, very simple and professional. Simply love that they used an aussies voice for the commercial, gives it that extra little touch. However the website (flyairasia.com.au) is not very helpful, they should also include a booking section there too.

Sign in to follow this