MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
fenandri

airasia is not cheap anymore?

don't really bother to fly with them.....

so, nothing to worry about the web congestion

I'm definitely with you on that one!

we need more competitors to break down this AK's circus of non existent low fares...did anyone actually manage to buy any of these free seats or it's just marketing gimmick....

Knowing our beloved Malaysian attitudes (want to travel but don't want to pay more, and pay peanuts and want chicken), I think.......even it is just a marketing gimmick, people will still buy buy buy and buy tickets from this no-frills airline.

After waiting for hours searching for tix, obviously most people will click that magic BUY button and fly! Though they have been conned with some hidden costs. i.e Priority Boarding, Seat Selection, Luggage, Inflight Meal, Counter Check-in etc, most of them will still say "THIS RED PLANE IS GOOD, BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP".

I did not bother chasing the "free" tickets at midnight last night.

Woke up this morning, logged on to airasia.com at 8.30 am and picked up two KUL-CGK return tix for around RM 200. Transaction completed in about 10 mins.

Happy! :D

I did not bother chasing the "free" tickets at midnight last night.

Woke up this morning, logged on to airasia.com at 8.30 am and picked up two KUL-CGK return tix for around RM 200. Transaction completed in about 10 mins.

Happy! :D

tension-free rite?

:)

Bought a few tickets for Nov and Dec 2013, four of them have zero base fares, KUL - SGN, SGN - DMK and MYY - BKI vv. I also managed to snag one KUL - BTU vv from the 1Msia thingy, paying just the airport tax. The BIG points redemption is just pure BS. Couldn't even log into my account. And when I did manage to find trips with 0 points, the site went cuckoo when I tried to pay for the taxes. Gave up.

For M2U, you can use the site after 12.30am. From 12 to 12.30, the site is under maintenance. Login is allowed but no purchase. If you manage to find any good deals during this period, just proceed all the way until the M2U login page, At this juncture even if the payment fails, your booking will be held for two hours. Can finish paying after 12.30

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

tension-free rite?

:)

Yes, 7-9 am is the best time cos everyone is jammed on the roads.

The Airasia website was fast, no waiting room (this starts to appear after 9 am) and no problem with payment gateway time outs.

Perhaps response to this time's offer is not so great?

I managed to book BKI - TPE for RM380 in Sept, during Malaysia Day. Initially wasn't expecting to go anywhere but somehow I couldn't get back to sleep after waking up at 3am. So I thought I check what's on FB and AK. Login and booking was smooth, like no traffic. Maybe there is really no traffic.

The funny thing is, first time when I select the destination it was quoted around 558, then I check BKI - HKG it was 488. When I re-select BKI - TPE it dropped to RM380. Can't find that price for KUL - TPE even.

Bought a few tickets for Nov and Dec 2013, four of them have zero base fares, KUL - SGN, SGN - DMK and MYY - BKI vv. I also managed to snag one KUL - BTU vv from the 1Msia thingy, paying just the airport tax. The BIG points redemption is just pure BS. Couldn't even log into my account. And when I did manage to find trips with 0 points, the site went cuckoo when I tried to pay for the taxes. Gave up.

For M2U, you can use the site after 12.30am. From 12 to 12.30, the site is under maintenance. Login is allowed but no purchase. If you manage to find any good deals during this period, just proceed all the way until the M2U login page, At this juncture even if the payment fails, your booking will be held for two hours. Can finish paying after 12.30

Wow...lucky you...lotsa travelling for you huh?

Sign in to follow this