MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Bing Chu

Naik Harga - Airport Tax

For benefit of Pieter - "Price Increase - Airport Tax"

Just read comment by minister at Star's site. Quantum will be announced after cabinet meeting on Wed - we will probably get to know sooner here !

Oh my...this is bad news...

Similar to what Rozhan said, not only does it cost a fair bit to GET to KLIA, it will now cost more to fly through it... <_>

Sometimes I feel I should just take the Megastar Pisces and sail back to KL...cheaper.... <_>

Another case of Everything Increase, Salary No Increase..... My trip back to KL will be more expensive.....already as of now S$149 for a return trip. :angry: AK here I come.....can anyone find out when is Azahan and Jon Kong gf flying JB-KL sector?

Edited by LeeCH

Prepare for the usual spin: "Our airport tax is still lower than other airports in the region, except ....."

What do users pay for the extra tax anyway? Some washrooms at KLIA don't even have soap dispensers. KLIA has so far failed to address the taxi tout issue, which has now spread to Penang.

Prior to this, there were statements in the press that by increasing airport tax by a certain quantum, MAHB will gain extra revenue in the millions of RM. To make shareholders happy perhaps? But why tax passengers more, while airlines get discounted landing fees, or even for free, just for the sake of making KLIA the regional airline hub.

Prepare for the usual spin: "Our airport tax is still lower than other airports in the region, except ....."

What do users pay for the extra tax anyway? Some washrooms at KLIA don't even have soap dispensers. KLIA has so far failed to address the taxi tout issue, which has now spread to Penang.

Prior to this, there were statements in the press that by increasing airport tax by a certain quantum, MAHB will gain extra revenue in the millions of RM. To make shareholders happy perhaps? But why tax passengers more, while airlines get discounted landing fees, or even for free, just for the sake of making KLIA the regional airline hub.

Yeah the usual spins.. always says ours is lower than that of the neighbouring countries.. yeah.. but take this seriously " OUR SALARY IS ALSO LOTS LOTS LOWER THAN THAT OF THE NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES" So go figure!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is the increasing of airport tax got something to do with the petrol price up?

Even if it is, you wouldn't get anyone in the govt admitting to it for now, not even if you put a gun to their head. Not with the current fiasco vs bus/coach operators :D :D

OUR SALARY IS ALSO LOTS LOTS LOWER THAN THAT OF THE NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES" So go figure!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Steady on Ignatius, I do believe we are generally better off than some of our neighbours (Indonesians, Filipinos, Burmese ...) But then I suppose we should always correlate income quantum with cost of living - complex issue !

KLIA is never designed or operate to be efficient, operation cost is always higher than comparable airport.

Guess passengers and Malaysians are the one to pay for all these excesses.

Wonder why after due diligence study, Schiphol airport didn’t buy into MAB?

In developed countries, airport is a node of a transportation system, providing a seamless, cheap and efficient transit from ground to air and vv.

However, KLIA is purposely built with inefficiency so that some cronies can monopolize and maximize profits at the expense of the users and airlines. Hence, KLIA could never compete with other more efficient and cheaper regional airports to be a hub.

Jonathan...

Drink Soya Juice and Milo Paket Hijau like me...great for hot spotting days! :D

Sign in to follow this