MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Roy Chin

World Airline Awards 2012 [MH is back to 5 star!!!]

There are actually many complaints on NZ supposedly revolutionary new Premium Economy seat. It may look very sophisticated and different from the rest of the competitions, the seat layout is actually very impractical and legroom is tiny for Premium Economy standard.

Seriously one need to take into account, not just their seat, but their (NZ's) service attitude is appaling from my experience with them......

They can only be best in Pacific, as there aren't much any 4 star airline from that side of the earth anyway. In terms of global competition, they lag behind. Their AKL-SIN route was withdrawn a few years ago as they cannot compete with SQ at all. AKL-BKK has lost battle to TG. NZ is very well connected to the Pacific islands, that is the only valuable part about their network. If mainland Chinese carrier raise their standards a little, NZ will lose PVG altogether and they can well.

Nope. I wasn't. I was happy to pay an Economy Class ticket yet able to pre-reserved their Premium Economy Class seat. I was also happy that we were served a full hot meal on a flight that lasted just 1 hour 5 minutes and that they were fast in doing what they do. However, on board service left much to be desired. It's a Taiwanese carrier yet one can't feel the Taiwanese warmth at all. Flights attendants on both of my flights were impatient and they hardly smile. Sometimes I felt that they should just ground all these flight attendants and let them to work on the ground and let their ground staffs to fly instead as all the EVA Air ground staffs at TPE are very friendly, polite and helpful.

Would you like to try China Airlines next then? :)

Thinking my next trip to TPE or KHH could be on CX or Eva... KA has only very few aircraft types (A320 and A330s) which doesn't appeal to me!!

I find Japanese to be very friendly, but they have quite solemn festivals.

Sounds like you didn't have sake with them. Japanese are very politicially correct and polite... they become a very different person after a few bottle of sakes...

Somehow I don't find it amusing that the western style of drinking and party all out and cause some trouble at the end.

Edited by S V Choong

Would you like to try China Airlines next then? :)

Someday I think I will. But probably not between HKG/TPE.

Thinking my next trip to TPE or KHH could be on CX or Eva... KA has only very few aircraft types (A320 and A330s) which doesn't appeal to me!!

It's totally fine to fly EVA Air between HKG and TPE. It's a very short flight after all. And instead of a sandwich that CX serves in EY on this route, Eva Air, China Airlines and even Dragonair all serve a main course hot meal. Eva Air also tend to be cheaper than CX. You may want to try Hong Kong Airlines too. They fly to TPE 3 times a day now and they are a code-share partner of EVA Air on this route. EVA Air itself operates 9 flights a day on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 8 flights a day on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.

If you want to fly to KHH from HKG, your choice of airline is limited to just China Airlines, Mandarin Airlines and Dragonair.

Sounds like you didn't have sake with them. Japanese are very politically correct and polite... they become a very different person after a few bottle of sakes...

One of my Sensei during my Japanese trip did mention this to us,

"The best time to have business meetings with Japanese is when they are drunk"

I remember there was a thread prior to this about the dismay some felt as MAS' five-star ranking was under threat ...

Check out this report about the Advertising Standards Authority of Britain's doubt over Skytrax's integrity ... http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/singapore/story/skytraxs-traveller-reviews-questioned-20121109

Citing an example, ASA said that while Skytrax claims to have more than five million trusted and verified traveller reviews on its website, it could not prove this to the authority.

ASA said: "Because Skytrax did not have the ability to track a review back to its source after the first 24 hours, and therefore could not demonstrate the verification process to which any one particular review on the site had been subjected, we concluded that they did not hold sufficient evidence to substantiate the claims 'Checked and trusted airline review' and 'Real travellers with real opinions'."

In its defence, Skytrax chairman Edward Plaisted said more than 1,400 airlines and airports are featured on the website and "not one of these companies has ever complained about user reviews being false, defamatory or unfair.

Unquote

KC Sim

Quote [...]

In its defence, Skytrax chairman Edward Plaisted said more than 1,400 airlines and airports are featured on the website and "not one of these companies has ever complained about user reviews being false, defamatory or unfair.

Unquote

This is a very shallow comment by the chairman. If reviews are positive, of course no airline will complain. On the flip side, if the airline does not consider Skytrax to be THE authoritative survey website in this arena, they couldnt care less if the reviews are positive, negative, true or false. They wouldnt want to contribute in showering Skytrax with more media attention as these airlines wouldnt want to waste energy on something so insignificant.

Edited by Mushrif A

This explains why Skytrax have recently started sending confirmations of reviews to the reviewer's email. I've had one review not published because I had submitted it on a different comupter and didn't check my email to confirm that I had indeed submitted it. They also track isp addresses.

Guest Michael

I do hope Senior Management is paying attention to the negative reviews and is going to rectify them.

Sign in to follow this