MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Ho

Monument 727 in KLIA

Hi Guys,

While spotting in Changi with Yong after visiting AA2006, we met a bunch of spotters from US (based in thailand apparently) and they asked if we know the reg for the blue 727 near the cargo complex in KLIA.

can anyone help?

thanks

Ben-G

Just wandering, why there is a petrol station in the middle of airport?

That aerolanka is abandoned ler.................tsunami??????

i have few photos of this aircraft when i went to MAS operation building with a fellow MW member last year...

here's the most close up photo...

IPB Image

browsed aerolanka's website and it mention that they only own 'a B727F' , and then i googled about this Aerolanka 727, and the registration for the plane is 4R-SEM

from http://www.caa.lk/ac_registry.htm and http://www.auctiontransportation.com/item....how_item=104480

Edited by fairul

Got a picture of it during its earlier days.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0568990/M/

Apparently it did operates a few times, although it was at night and I've never seen it moves. Then it was like abandoned there. Wonder how much the parking charge has accumulated by now. I think they can sell it to the metal recycler by the kilo. Wonder that no drug addict has managed to steal the metal there.

Who bid this plane for 8 dollars? :blink:

I would, good to have one full scale a/c for collection :D :D

8 bugs, what would Don Trump say, he give a big laugh i beg.

Azuddin

8 Ringgit is a bargain indeed. Heck, even 8 US Dollars would be a steal ! But then, storage and parking charges will mampus us in no time. Safer to stick with my 1:400 collection.

Hey Capt R, how can you be sure they (the addicts) are not gutting the bird from the inside out ?! It is parked at KLIA after all

How much aerolanka has to pay to MAHB for the parking fee which is over 2 years now(I think)? :blink:

good thinking. I heard that parking price at KUL is one of the reason why Northwest Airline terminate their service.

Azuddin

Seth, The reason why there's a petrol stattion there is because it's for the fuel trucks to get fuel from as well as for ground trucks and stuff to refuel..i guess..correct me if i'm wrong..

Seth, The reason why there's a petrol stattion there is because it's for the fuel trucks to get fuel from as well as for ground trucks and stuff to refuel..i guess..correct me if i'm wrong..

i think it's for the ground vehicles but definitely not for fuel trucks. planes at klia get fuel from an underground reservoir system from the fuel farm. those fuel trucks only act as pumps and to measure amount of fuel boarded onto planes..

Isn't it too decorative for the fuel station to put big Petronas sign just for airport official vehicles :D But I think you right, it's for the trucks fuel for it to be able to move so it can feed the underground oil to the plane :)

Edited by Seth K

Sign in to follow this