MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Yuh Loh

Tricks on class upgrading

I booked my flight back to KUL today. I haven't made up my mind yet on which flight I should choose. Maybe you guys can give me some hints.

1) MAS, B744 or B747..... It only costs me around US$1100 from DFW(AA) ~ LAX ~ Taipei ~ KUL. I am wondering how much is it going to cost for upgrading at least one sector, hopefully LAX ~ Taipei for maybe another US$500, I am willing to pay for this. Any tricks for upgrading at counter?

2) SIA, A345 :) on departing flight. DFW(AA) ~LAX ~ SIN ~ KUL. But it is B772 :( on returning flight KUL ~ SIN ~ Taipei ~ LAX ~ DFW(AA) which I don't like unless CHLEE in command. Well, no offense CHLEE, I still like SIA B772. The total cost is $1800

I don't want to travel the same route with the same aircraft just like my last year trip. I want to try something new.

So, if I go for A345, I will arrive at SIN at 5.40am, I can spend the whole morning to take some shots at the airport. Take a shower and take the afternoon flight back to KUL.

Tough choice! Upgrading or A345? :(

Edited by Yuh Loh

Well, with MH situation right now, y don't you fly MH instead, with your help, there are some profits into their account.................hehe :lol:

Personally 345..........something new :)

Well, with MH situation right now, y don't you fly MH instead, with your help, there are some profits into their account.................hehe :lol:

Personally 345..........something new :)

i was about to choose SIA A345 LAX-Singapore. but my dad's company already delete that option. the only choise we have now is either. MH, CX, CI or EVA.

talk about flight upgrade, here's a good experience. I was suppose to fly LAX-IAH redeye. boarding 1.30AM at LAX and arrive at about 5.30AM at IAH. it was weekday. the MH flight arrived 1 hour early. when i'm checking in at CO counter at terminal 6 at LAX, the lady at the counter tell me that they got the 6.20PM flight to IAH, with no extra charge. i ask her if there's any window seat. she said i can seat anywhere i want. i said OK, so she type the boarding pass and tell me that the boarding time is now. so away i rush to the gate.

i used to ride the 757 for redeye, but this time is a 737-500. no wonder i can choose my own seat, there's only 10 people on board. everyone seems to be travelling alone and all taking the window seat. i got the whole 3 seat to myself for a bed :D :D . the meal is better then on redeye, redeye serve pretzels. i arrived at IAH about 12.00AM instead of 5.30AM the next day, still have plenty of time to drive my dad to work

I think this is luck, not trick.

Azuddin

I say go for A345 direct to SIN. You will like it and enjoy the experience. The Executive Economy is great comfort and the cabin quietness is really something. Also you have the use of a small lounge area where they provide free flow of snacks. I know because I took a direct flight to LAX from SIN last Sept. Trust me you will enjoy it.

As of me in command on SQ 030 SIN-TPE-LAX, I am actually in TPE now typing away. Departing to LAX later on tonight. Too bad I cannot be around that flight that u plan and I have no KUL flights rostered in March as well.

If you need an aircraft change, you can take SIN-NRT-LAX. That will be on a B744. then you would have flown on all three a/c fleet that SQ have. flight no is SQ 012.

Last but not least, go for SIA and take some Ah Moi pics for all to see. And also contribute to my coffers please.....thanks.....hehe

Edited by LeeCH

Flew CO all daytime(next flight-spring break to JFK...yeye), and red-eye back to IAH from EWR , night food is wayyyyyyyyyyy better and plenty of them too(extra lo :lol: )

Loh for 345 :)

Edited by Seth K

I will depart on May 6 and return on May 27. I am trying to get both ways on A345, however, the A345 return flight on 27 or the day before and after is full house. I have tried SIA B744 on my trip to South Africa back in 1996..... Long long time.

CHLEE, whenever you fly into LA and stop for a day or two during weekends, we have a few MWings members at LA that can show you around the town, of course, with the deal you need to introduce one or two SQ girls.

Well Seth, how is life at Houston! Spring break is coming, but before that I have to deal with my "Midterm exam" which is on tomorrow, damn.

So, Azzuddin, when are you coming back to Houston? Anything you want me to get it from "Walmart". :p

For my last Christmas trip LAS via LAX, I was selected to upgrade to first on NW flight during my check in using the electronic check in system. It is pretty good deal, $100 for a 3 hours flight from Memphis to LAX.

Flew CO all daytime(next flight-spring break to JFK...yeye), and red-eye back to IAH from EWR , night food is wayyyyyyyyyyy better and plenty of them too(extra lo :lol: )

Loh for 345 :)

i flew on CO during day twice, once was last year IAH-LAX first class on 753 and another time back in 1995, fly New Orleans-EWR on 727.

most other CO flight i took is night. other then CO like America West, and DL i took day flight. took CO night flight, just because the meal :D :D , way better and it's a snack tray too.

Azuddin

The girls will usually want to go Disneyland. How about that? I get them to go and you guys pay for all our entrance fee......hehe :lol: :p

I have already done and see all of LA except Santa Monica. Kinda getting bored of the place already. Will be good to meet up MW people. Too bad it will not be a weekend this time round. Anyway I have some studies to catch up on. Base Check coming soon.......very soon.

No need to think so much. A345 is the way to go. Time to rekindle your lovely memories with SQ B744 too. 10 years already.

Well Seth, how is life at Houston! Spring break is coming, but before that I have to deal with my "Midterm exam" which is on tomorrow, damn.

Nothing much Yuh Loh..........r u in college? I just can't wait the spring break(college girlzzzzzzzzzz :lol: ) I have to deal with 2 exams -100 question on this thrusday and Friday over stupid Julius Caesar of William Shakespear............stupid old English language :p :p

:lol: 345 :lol:

Nothing much Yuh Loh..........r u in college? I just can't wait the spring break(college girlzzzzzzzzzz :lol: ) I have to deal with 2 exams -100 question on this thrusday and Friday over stupid Julius Caesar of William Shakespear............stupid old English language :p :p

:lol: 345 :lol:

ouch, are u in english 4 class? it's hurt a to learn Anglo Saxon. i remember when i study Beowulf and Machbeth. But it's kinda fun at the end. so, where are you for spring break? i always in florida, orlando or miami. sometimes, at my second hometown, New Orleans :D .

Azuddin

So, Azzuddin, when are you coming back to Houston? Anything you want me to get it from "Walmart". :p

Well Yuh Loh, still don't get the quote yet. As soon as my dad got the quote for the project C, I'll be flying to Houston. actually it's just anytime from now. I don't have to complete my study at MMU because I'm only doing diploma and i already have diploma. probably continue my study at Sam Houston State U, or going to Westwood college.

anything from walmart? maybe later, thanks for asking :D :D

As soon as i'm in Houston, you, I and Seth can go hang out more often. maybe go spotting at IAH or HOU :D :D .

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

ouch, are u in english 4 class? it's hurt a to learn Anglo Saxon. i remember when i study Beowulf and Machbeth. But it's kinda fun at the end. so, where are you for spring break?

JFK -statue of liberty :) and some spotting if I can see airplanes from the top of that statue :lol:

I never read any of the play, I just use easy note....work for me thou -got 87 and 99 on last tests :D (don't tell my techer, I know ur sis coming to my school :) )

Now I'm studying for act 3 B)

As soon as i'm in Houston, you, I and Seth can go hang out more often. maybe go spotting at IAH or HOU

Naáh........HOU sux, not heavy one..........IAH rule :)

Well Yuh Loh, still don't get the quote yet. As soon as my dad got the quote for the project C, I'll be flying to Houston. actually it's just anytime from now

Great- keep us update on that....may be I can spot your arrival :rolleyes:

JFK -statue of liberty :) and some spotting if I can see airplanes from the top of that statue :lol:

I never read any of the play, I just use easy note....work for me thou -got 87 and 99 on last tests :D (don't tell my techer, I know ur sis coming to my school :) )

Now I'm studying for act 3 B)

Naáh........HOU sux, not heavy one..........IAH rule :)

Great- keep us update on that....may be I can spot your arrival :rolleyes:

Me too, i don't read the play. Sparknotes and cliffnotes is the way to go :D :D :D .

will, give u the updates ;)

Azuddin

The girls will usually want to go Disneyland. How about that? I get them to go and you guys pay for all our entrance fee......hehe :lol: :p

I have already done and see all of LA except Santa Monica. Kinda getting bored of the place already. Will be good to meet up MW people. Too bad it will not be a weekend this time round. Anyway I have some studies to catch up on. Base Check coming soon.......very soon.

LA pretty much boring, Hollywood, LAX, Anheim etc.............................Next trip to US Leech, go to Disneyworld, FL. Lot to discover at Carribean and good luck getting visa thou :p

Z

LA pretty much boring, Hollywood, LAX, Anheim etc.............................Next trip to US Leech, go to Disneyworld, FL. Lot to discover at Carribean and good luck getting visa thou :p

Z

ever consider going up to San Diego, very nice place. not too humid like LA. if you went to SAN, make sure to visit the Aerospace museum there at Balboa Park. I went there once, there's a full scale display of SR-71 at the front enterence. My dad love the Model Railroad Museum next to it.

Fla is indeed better then Ca during spring

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

I asked any of the cute girls onboard during cruise on my break time "Anyone interested to go San Diego Waterworld and Zoo?". They told me "Singapore also got wat" "Yaloh, Singapore one is the best in the world you know ah". <_>

So off they went with the other F/O to Universal Studios today and I am here in the crew lounge typing away on MW forum. Fine with me, can surf the net for free.

ISo off they went with the other F/O to Universal Studios today and I am here in the crew lounge typing away on MW forum. Fine with me, can surf the net for free.

baaaahhhhhhhhhh, LeeCH, I pity you...if you want to see a special architecture close by at Anaheim, you should see the "Crystal Cathedral"...really amazing :o

Hey CHLee, Santa Monica is just half an hour drive from LAX. Rent a car and go. Nice place to hang out, good stuff to eat and of course a lot of girls ~ Japanese.

Finally I find a travel agent that offers both ways with A345, I will definately go for this. Hopefully I can onboard one of your leg on SIN ~ KUL sector. You can fill my flight logsheet for me then.

Seth K,

I am working full time as a MechEng, doing my Ms for part time.

Seth K,

I am working full time as a MechEng, doing my Ms for part time.

Great life in Dallas............my house and your place like 2 hours away, may be someday I'll drive up north to DFW, can meet you there. And don't forget to make trip report of DFW-KUL :)

on

A345

I wish I can fly SIA 345 before they phase them out with LR :(

Sign in to follow this