MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Malaysia Airlines Wins 'World's Leading Airline To Asia 2011' Award

Malaysia Airlines Wins 'World's Leading Airline To Asia 2011' Award

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 12 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines has been named "World's Leading Airline to Asia" by the World Travel Awards for the second year running.

The award to the national airline, as voted by travel professionals worldwide, was received by Malaysia Airlines' Head of Customer Experience Datuk Salleh Ahmad Tabrani at the gala event yesterday evening at Doha, Qatar.

The ceremony marked the culmination of a year-long search for the very best travel and tourism brands in the world, including a head-to-head competition amongst earlier announced World Travel Awards' regional winners for the coveted world-level accolade.

In a statement today, Salleh said: "The international recognition is a great honour for the whole Malaysia Airlines team that consistently does its best to serve our guests.

"The win is a timely morale booster for our team as we prepare to bring our service delivery and customer experience level up to a higher benchmark as part of making Malaysia Airlines the preferred premium carrier."

Group Chief Executive Officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the recognition was an important element in the airline's initiatives to win back customers as outlined in the recent Malaysia Airlines' business plan.

"This year, we look forward to the delivery of 23 new aircraft, equipped with state-of-the-art passenger amenities, to boost our brand name," he said.

In the previous year, Malaysia Airlines had been named "Asia's Leading Airline 2010" and "Asia's Leading Airline Business Class 2010" apart from winning the coveted "World's Leading Airline to Asia 2010" honour.

-- BERNAMA

Source : http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v6/newsbusiness.php?id=639652

The award to the national airline, as voted by travel professionals worldwide, was received by Malaysia Airlines' Head of Customer Experience Datuk Salleh Ahmad Tabrani at the gala event yesterday evening at Doha, Qatar.

Ironic that the chap picking up the accolade could not have flown to the presentation on the award winning airline ;)

Ironic that the chap picking up the accolade could not have flown to the presentation on the award winning airline ;)

Perhaps, flew via JED or LHR or CDG, and then QR to DOH

Yet another back patting awards ceremony for a meaningless award that nobody cares about.

The full page advert by MH on this Award in the papers today was missing one important piece of info...who actually gave the award to MH.

Despite Malaysian people keep bashing their own national carrier, MAS legendary services keep enchanting foreigner across the globe as acclaimed by Craig Ferguson here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwTF8LtcWNc

The airline and staff working for MH are all great, the management is the part that suck.

Noticed how Michelle Yeoh did not speak Manglish in there? :)

Edited by S V Choong

The airline and staff working for MH are all great, the management is the part that suck. Noticed how Michelle Yeoh did not speak Manglish in there? :)

I'm pretty sure that a person of her calibre speaking Manglish is unheard of.

The airline and staff working for MH are all great, the management is the part that suck.

Noticed how Michelle Yeoh did not speak Manglish in there? :)

since when she speaks Manglish btw?

since when she speaks Manglish btw?

I don't honestly know if she ever spoke Manglish and when she is not speaking English, I 've only heard she spoke Cantonese.

She is another example which demonstrates that Manglish has no grounds for those who are very successful internationally.

Edited by S V Choong

:good:

MH has reasonably good products and quality that can be further improved on.

I just flew with Emirates Australia to South America return trip, thanks to MH for cancelling flights to Buenos Aires..

Emirates has an amazing network and frequency. The hardware at the front end of the planes were impressive..

But I flew in cattle class.. and cattle class is cattle class. I flew boeing 777-300ER and 777-200. So comparing with MH 777.

IFE: Emirates had much wider and sharper screen. A wide range of movies, though most of them were very old. Headphone better than MH.

Food: Not a big fan of in flights meal but more horrible experience with Emirates. Hard inedible bread. Stink smelly fish. Tasteless dry omelette.

Drink service: Emirates had significantly less drink rounds. Only 1 or 2 for 19 hours flight. The FAs preferred to gossip in the galley. They sure did gossip very loudly.

Seat: Hard thin cushion on Emirates. Their 777-200 on my Perth-Dubai leg had the worst seat comfort ever. They probably put a metal bar on the seat to torture passengers. Narrower seat and bit less leg room on Emirates.

MH has foot rest now.. But can't imagine them putting foot rest in economy with poor leg room already.

Emirates had warm towel and gave comfort pack which contained sock, toothbrush and eye cover. Also had nicer baggage tag.

MAS is a good airline, and even more so as they upgrade their fleet. My only complaint is that when I outbound on Business to international destinations I have access to the international Business lounge at KLIA. Inbound from an international destination and transiting to another airport in Malaysia I am stuck with the Domestic Business lounge which is a bit below standard and does not appear to serve alcoholic beverages.

Regards the Manglish issue, as a foreigner the biggest offenders and most difficult to understand are the Chinese Malaysians. I rarely have problems with Malays speaking English.