MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Taiwan’s TransAsia Airways mulls A380 order

Taipei-based TransAsia Airways is considering an order for more than two Airbus A380s to facilitate its international expansion to the US over the next few years.

An industry insider said Taiwan’s banks have expressed financial support to finance the A380 aircraft deal. The carrier plans to introduce a new A320 in March and a new A330 in November (ATW Daily News, Nov. 17, 2010).

This year it is expected to open eight routes to Japan from Taipei and is also considering new routes to Korea, Thailand and Malaysia, pending approval from the Taiwan government.

TransAsia, one of the most profitable carriers in Taiwan, has reported a net income of TWD629 million ($20.9 million) for the first nine months of 2011.

Source

This year it is expected to open eight routes to Japan from Taipei and is also considering new routes to Korea, Thailand and Malaysia, pending approval from the Taiwan government.

Wonder where ?

Not likely BKI - been there, done that ! :)

Malaysia should give taiwan citizen free 30 days visa...to attract more tourist to visit us...

I you know my question would be out of topic but would you fly with china airlines?

The tickets are really cheap.

I you know my question would be out of topic but would you fly with china airlines?

The tickets are really cheap.

YES, have flown with them before AMS-BKK and had a good flight: moreover - Skyteam member, in case you collect mileage :pardon:

Cikgu Kenneth, what is the best RETURN ticket you ever get for KUL-TPE-KUL on CI ?

I tried to search for year end's ticket but couldn't.

Sounds like CI have a reasonably good reputation now. They used to be really bad (and unsafe) prior to 2000. :blink:

I too have flown with China Airlines to Surabaya, Bangkok and to Amsterdam ... their service and food is quite good.

And with fares that are lower than most competing airines, I would not miss a heartbeat in grabbing those fares and getting myself onboard their planes. Go for it, Kenneth.

KC Sim

I too have flown with China Airlines to Surabaya, Bangkok and to Amsterdam ... their service and food is quite good.

And with fares that are lower than most competing airines, I would not miss a heartbeat in grabbing those fares and getting myself onboard their planes. Go for it, Kenneth.

KC Sim

Ooooh! I would, in a heart beast as well...Just that I booked return tickets to TPE on CI for my aunt and uncle for this coming CNY, the first reaction my uncle had was..."China Airlines? The one that always crash right?"....Guess he watched too many episodes of Air Crash Investigation! <_>

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Sign in to follow this