MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

10 of the world's most hated & loved airports

Been to a couple and I agree with NAIA and LAX. JFK wasn't so bad. In fact I think the same guys who designed the queues in Disneyland did the security lines at LAX as well cause just when you think you're closer, you realise that there's more. Aside from some cheery folk in NAIA, I found the place horrible.

Having stayed in Perth for a couple of years, I agree that PER is one of the crappiest airport. The international terminal is a joke. Check in a ground level, clear immigration at second level, boarding gates at third level, walk down steps to aircraft at second level. :pardon:

Edited by alberttky

Hahaha, been through 6 of those, no real impact on me, maybe because I've been to too many airports. I've been desensitised, you know, like watching too much pr0n, or too many zombie movies. :)

If you think NAIA terminal 1 is bad, try their domestic terminal, makes our LCCT feel like a 5 star terminal. Had to sit there for 4 hours due to delays and it was boredom to the max. The big statue of The Virgin Mary at the departure gate says it all.......say your prayers because it's gonna be horrible!

The major Indian airports used to be awful, till they started refurbishing/renovating/rebuilding them.

The major Indian airports used to be awful, till they started refurbishing/renovating/rebuilding them.

True. Beside the more pleasant departure areas, it takes less time between getting off the plane and getting into the taxi in Mumbai now compared to KLIA.

True. Beside the more pleasant departure areas, it takes less time between getting off the plane and getting into the taxi in Mumbai now compared to KLIA.

Yup, and hopping onto a clunky Ambassador for the hotel ride is always memorable. :)

Having been to CDG, the airport is really beautiful and airy. I didn't have any problems at all, except lack of commitment from the staff and dirty toilets. Arriving into CDG to go home, I was welcomed with an awful smell, akin to dog poo and everyone was checking their shoes, thinking they had stepped on something.

I haven't been back since 1998 but JED was not particularly pleasant. I remember the long immigration queues and the preference given to Saudia flights, even if the planes arrived AFTER your foreign flight!

Sign in to follow this