MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
CH Teo

Air Asia BIG loyalty programme

Tips, if u require earn more BIGGIES for AirAsia flights please make sure u spent by purchase Add On services too (1 BIGGIES for every RM2) if not only 1 BIGGIES for every RM4. Example for my case, I just earn 28 BIGGIES for my flight KUL-KBR last Saturday which I purchased at fare price 111.00 MYR without any Add On services.

How do I earn BIGGIES for AirAsia flights?

You may only start earning BIGGIES for any flight purchase once you are a BIG Shot

When you fly with Air Asia, you can earn BIGGIES by following the steps below:-

Upon purchase of Air Asia flight tickets

1) Select your preferred Departing and/or Return dates and click on search to proceed

2) Select the preferred flight, click the checkbox to accept the Terms and Conditions of Carriage and Fare Rules

3) If you have Special Needs, click Yes on the Special Needs radio button

4) Click Continue to proceed

5) Fill in your Contact Details

6) There will be a box that would ask you to fill in your BIG Shot ID.

7) If you have forgotten your BIG Shot ID, you can click on the link that says “Lookup my BIG Shot ID” and follow the instructions to provide your BIG Email ID and your Last Name as provided when you applied for your BIG Card. If the information is accurate, your BIG Shot ID will appear for you to copy and paste it to the Guest Details Screen

If you have forgotten to enter your BIG Shot ID when you purchased your flight, click here.

You will receive your BIGGIES five days after your departure date.

You earn 1 BIGGIE for every MYR 4 spent on AirAsia flights-only purchase [with no add ons]

You earn 1 BIGGIE for every MYR 2 spent on AirAsia flights + Add Ons

Add On services = Hot seats, baggage, meal, AirAsia Insure, and comfort kit

Source : http://www.tune2big.com/my/en/askbig.html?templateGroup=58

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Received my BIG card too, just activate and done start earning biggies points credited for my AK flight last 3 days, but I think BIG will be looks like AirAsia which many others chargeable beside annual renewal fee. For example charge per reload (CPR). Reload options by FPX (CPR RM0.50), cash reload at CIMB ATM's/CDM's (CPR RM0.50), cash reload at Epay (CPR RM2.00), cash at bank branches CIMB & BSN banks only (CPR RM2.00)

Ikman, get yourself Air Asia savers account if you have frequent reload, as it is free of charge for those who hold that account with CIMB via CIMBClicks...

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia hopes to bolster sales by another 500 million ringgit ($160 million) annually with the launch of a passenger rewards program.

Fernandes said the ``BIG'' scheme would help fill up an average 20 percent of seats on AirAsia flights that are unsold. He said the loyalty card would also double as a prepaid debit card with a tie-up with VISA.

Members earn points when traveling and shopping, and can redeem those points for free air tickets and other rewards, he said.

``It's a great way to get more people to fly. From 2012, this will generate (an additional) 500 million ringgit in sales,'' he told a news conference. AirAsia hopes to attract 1 million loyalty members by mid-2012, officials said.

The launch of the program comes as AirAsia and other airlines face pressure from soaring fuel costs. AirAsia reported a 48 percent drop in net profit to 104.3 million ringgit ($33 million) in the quarter through June.

Fernandes said results for the quarter through September, to be released next week, would be ``very strong.'' He said AirAsia wasn't affected by the severe flooding in Thailand and that there was still a huge appetite for low-cost travel in Asia despite the weak global economy.

AirAsia expects to benefit from an alliance with national carrier Malaysia Airlines in August through a share swap deal to end their long rivalry. Under the deal, Malaysia Airlines will focus on the premium market and cede low-cost routes to AirAsia.

Sources:- http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/airasia-launches-loyalty-scheme-to-boost-sales/articleshow/10727083.cms

I think this is just a horrible program.

The earn/rate ratio is simply horrible. I think I did the math right:

It currently offers a RM100 Air Asia eVoucher (which should be able to be used for Air Asia tickets) for 8000 Biggies. Earn rate is 1 biggie for every rm4. That means one would have to spend rm32,000 before earning a rm100 voucher!

If you do add-on, you earn 1 biggie for rm2. That's still rm16000 for a rm100 eVoucher!

Much longer rant on my blog.

Edited by calvinoeh

I think this is just a horrible program.

The earn/rate ratio is simply horrible. I think I did the math right:

Spot on! Just like their Tune Money debit card, this is a super lousy card, even if you're fly them frequently.

Seriously guys, just pay your ticket via direct debit and purchase the add-ons after your ticket has been confirmed. You do not have to pay convenience fee when buying add-ons with your credit card or debit card after your ticket is confirmed.

The exchange rate for flights are 100 biggies for RM 1 (I checked and did the calculations already), so meaning spending RM 200 on VISA, you get RM 1 back if you redeem flights later...

Received card about 2 weeks ago, didn't even bother to open the envelope... still lying around somewhere.

Are you paying 10 bucks for nothing?

Are you paying 10 bucks for nothing?

Yes, with the poor burn/earn ratio with no chance of redeeming anything worthwhile within the next 12 months, I know that renewing next year for another RM10 will be another RM10 down the drain. So better just cut the tie now and let it die naturally... and I did 19 return trips (intra ASEAN plus Seoul) so far this year, with 3 more to come before the new year...

Edited by V Wong

Yes, with the poor burn/earn ratio with no chance of redeeming anything worthwhile within the next 12 months, I know that renewing next year for another RM10 will be another RM10 down the drain. So better just cut the tie now and let it die naturally... and I did 19 return trips (intra ASEAN plus Seoul) so far this year, with 3 more to come before the new year...

Nevermind. Just keep it as a souvenir then. There are actually people who collect expired credit cards and debit cards :D

I'm already a big member, how to apply big visa prepaid card?

BIG card is a very funny programme.

Applied for membership as inaugural members - was charged RM 10. They promised to gibe 5,000 or 10,000 points (can't remember) but it was never credited. This RM 10 paid for the VISA prepaid card from Tune Money. Later on BIG allowed people to join without any cards for free. So I guess if you want a VISA prepaid card with your BIG, you will need to pay some money for that card...

As I have said earlier, BIG is a funny programme. They are not transparent about how your points are earned (or I am not aware how points are awarded) and redemption is also difficult. So these days, I don't really bother checking the points in my BIG account. Not worth much, if you ask me...

No BIG deal with the BIG card unfortunately. Apart from what Flee has mentioned about the sign up benefits (actually I've also forgotten about it), when u want to claim the free flights like today the system is rather dodgy. Way below the standard they use for the normal airasia booking website.

I tried login after midnight to see what sort of offer they have. Remember the first time they did this it was total failure. The system couldn't log me in. When it did, the destination drop down menu didn't work. I didn't bother. Conclusion, it's a major con job.

I just want to get the Visa Prepaid Card to avoid paying the hefty processing fee.

You can see that big advert about their Prepaid Visa Card on www.tune2big.com right ? Click on that and it will direct you to the sign up page.

Here is the direct link > https://www.tune2big.com/web/guest/loyalty-qualify?p_p_id=loyaltyQualify_WAR_big

By the way, to reload the card through your CIMB Air Asia Savers Account is the only fee-free reload channel and top-up is immediate. As far as I know, CIMB Bank now charge RM15 annual fee for its debit MasterCard. Certain CIMB Bank branches claim they no longer issue the MEPS ATM card which has an annual fee of just RM8 but I am not too sure how true is that.

http://www.tune2big.com/my/en/bigreload.html

Edited by Isaac

The msg I got from Big:

Firstly, we will proceed further to cancel your existing BIG Card Loyalty to enable you to proceed with the BIG Card (Prepaid Visa) application, along with the joining fee payment of 10MYR. Please ensure that you meet the following criteria :- 1) have a valid Malaysian mailing address 2) are least 18 years old You will be receiving your BIG Card (Prepaid Visa) 14 working days of your application being approved. Once you have activated your BIG Card (Prepaid Visa), you will need to notify us via this email in order for us to transfer your BIG points to new account. Due to security reason, we are unable to assist you over non member web form. Please follow the steps below to submit us a member webform:- 1) Login to BIG Shot Portal 2) Click on "Ask BIG" 3) Click on any of the question 4) Under "Still need help?" Click on "@BIG" envelope 5) Fill in your enquiry Once we receive your new member web form request, we will certainly assist you with your inquiry urgently. Thank you.