MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Fokker F-27 and F-50 variations

Dante,

Stork-Fokker is still a partner of Airbus; don't know which models that involves nor what sub-parts :o

Stork is an independent company, which bought the maintenance "arm" of Fokker, when they went bust...so, now it's called Stork-Fokker...they have a big maintenance facility at Woensdrecht AFB, where even KLM cityhopper sent their Fokker jets to, for heavy maintenance, like C- and D-checks...a lot of former Fokker employees are still employed there, providing heaps of experience...

Dante, so no wonder why you see lot's of Stork-Fokker letterheads, when it comes to maintenance issues: they're the experts ;)

maybe they should carry on the Fokker legacy?

Dante,

Stork cannot afford to re-start production of Fokkers again, hence, the Rekkof initiative...

Dante,

I think the balloon has exploded, as I haven't heard of the Rekkof start-up for a long time...once, they wanted to coop with the Russians, than the Chinese, now it's been quiet...it's becoming more and more expensive also to start-up these "old" designs: F70 and F100, although KLM has indicated they wanted to buy at least 50 F70's, when the type will be re-introduced...Rekkof always stated, they need more than 100 orders to make it worthwhile...so...........................

The Fokker 50 can be equipped with three or four doors. The four-door configuration eliminates the requirement for emergency exits midway along the fuselage and allows for a more flexible cabin layout. Experience with the F27 galley and cargo hold was used to introduce improvements in these areas in the Fokker 50. To meet individual customer requirements, a three-door configuration is also available which has emergency exits located at the standard positions. Elimination of the fourth door in the fuselage allows for installation of either an extra row of seats or a larger cargo hold. Optional is a Multi-Purpose Door (4 ft 3 in x 5 ft 5 in) at the left-hand side of the rear fuselage: this facilitates the loading of pallets, containers or other sizable goods.

Source: http://library.thinkquest.org/C002752/fokker.cgi?page=db/f50

Austrian (and Arrow's) have expressed interest, as no one can get their hands on F70s that come up for sale. KLM must emply F70 sourcers! :D

No way !!! In fact, KLC have been pressing OS, MA and even VN to let their F70's go... :rolleyes:

Although being a Dutch airline, by pressing other airlines for their birds, it just goes to show how fantastic Fokker is!

I can't wait to see the Stork Fokker "Winglet X" program for F70's and 100's come to fruition.

Edited by Liam Gibb

Although being a Dutch airline, by pressing other airlines for their birds, it just goes to show how fantastic Fokker is!

Especially the F70 is a fantastic regional-jet, with her "wide" bodied fuselage and "large" cargo compartments, as compared to the new CRJ's and E's B)

Ahh, Pieter, you've hit the nail on the head. It is those sole reasons Fokker's F28 family has been and still is popular in Australia. Unfortunately, same goes with BAe 146 :angry: CRJ's and E-jets lack the cargo space and payload to really make a name for themselves on the mining routes of Australia. I've got no complaints, bring on more F100's any day!

I found a page with contains full spreadsheet of info on all F50 that ever built.

http://www.propandjet.net/turboprop/f50pl.htm

For your info, maintenance cost needed for 1 single MH F50 can maintain one single MH B772. Since most of the parts needed have to be order from other country and also some can be hard to find.

Edited by Adrian M

or your info, maintenance cost needed for 1 single F50 in MH can maintain one single MH B772.

Is it because it is hard to get the spare parts or is 772 cheap to maintain?

Yup it's hard to get the part. Plus 772 is new and fairly easy to find and cheap than aged planes required.

Pieter, I wonder if other manufacturer can buy the rights of F70 design and blueprint since they can build and cooperate their own technology into it and also update newer fuselage based on F70 fuselage design. And newer engines too. (Hopefully F50 is included also.) :rolleyes:

Or since Fokker has bankrupted, maybe has lost their copyright?

Coz everyone wants F70 and there no supply for it, this maybe is a great opportunity of a great investment and big returns.

Edited by Adrian M

Yup it's hard to get the part. Plus 772 is new and fairly easy to find and cheap than aged planes required.

Would Air Asia run into the same problem of getting parts if they have decided to switch to Fokker 100s?

I think it will be more sensible to bring in the Embraers like the example on TF's desk :)

Would Air Asia run into the same problem of getting parts if they have decided to switch to Fokker 100s?

I think it will be more sensible to bring in the Embraers like the example on TF's desk :)

How bout' A319 ;) . Canadair make more sense, Independence Air has bunch of this to be adopt :good:

How bout' A319 wink.gif . Canadair make more sense, Independence Air has bunch of this to be adopt good.gif

Even better, but may run into problems with airport compatibility. Needs to be sure that the A319 will be able to land on F-50's strips. Or if they government is keep to extend the runway and parking space.

Yup. I'm positively think so. It would do no good for AK since extra cost flying away. :p

I also put my hope on Embraers or the most is A318 since it's in the 100 seater range and maybe able to stop in F50 lengthed runways. Plus would be more sense for AK business model to ops same type and rating planes.

How bout' A319 ;) . Canadair make more sense, Independence Air has bunch of this to be adopt :good:

Haha Bombardier CRJ do make sense too. No need for extra steel stair for LDU since it comes with front staircase door itself. And also feel very poshy just like going up a biz-jet. :lol:

Even better, but may run into problems with airport compatibility. Needs to be sure that the A319 will be able to land on F-50's strips. Or if they government is keep to extend the runway and parking space.

Not sure about other airports but isn't LDU going to upgrade and maybe extend runway length?

A318's for AK to operate the few specific F50 routes - it is going to be very costly indeed. Plus, not sure if the airports can handle the equipment. Furthermore, the operating economics of what is essentially a shrunken A319 cannot be that attractive, judging by the very very few examples ordered so far.

Adrian, at the renovation costs previously quoted, I think it's very unlikely there will be any lenghtening of runway at LDU !!

A318's for AK to operate the few specific F50 routes - it is going to be very costly indeed. Plus, not sure if the airports can handle the equipment. Furthermore, the operating economics of what is essentially a shrunken A319 cannot be that attractive, judging by the very very few examples ordered so far.

Sometimes, this baby come in handy :drinks:

IPB Image

Adrian, at the renovation costs previously quoted, I think it's very unlikely there will be any lenghtening of runway at LDU !!

So, the airport must be abandon after 6:30 and open back the next morning :huh:

Sometimes, this baby come in handy :drinks:

IPB Image

Yeah and more winglet galore. Hehe :lol:

I wonder CRJ have STOL capability? or close to it?

So, the airport must be abandon after 6:30 and open back the next morning :huh:

I guess it's going to be LDU own tradition :p

Sign in to follow this