MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ikman Ikreza

Firefly new route Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi from KLIA

Just saw on Firefly website at flight info, another new route offered from Kuala Lumpur (KLIA)(KUL) to Langkawi(LGK) commences on 1 Dec 2011 (Thursday). Currently, 3 flights daily offered.

KUL-LGK

FY 750 08:00 AM (KUL) 08:55 AM (LGK)

FY 752 01:00 PM (KUL) 01:55 PM (LGK)

FY 754 04:05 PM (KUL) 05:00 PM (LGK)

LGK-KUL

FY 751 09:25 AM (LGK) 10:25 AM (KUL)

FY 753 02:25 PM (LGK) 03:25 PM (KUL)

FY 755 05:30 PM (LGK) 06:30 PM (KUL)

More details, http://www.fireflyz.com.my

About time! I don't tyhink this route makes much money for MH and would be much better suited to LCCs.

About time! I don't tyhink this route makes much money for MH and would be much better suited to LCCs.

If LGK is only served by LCC then those 5 star resorts can forget to attract premium guests.

If LGK is only served by LCC then those 5 star resorts can forget to attract premium guests.

They only need to keep about 2 flights a day that will connect with flights to/from Europe and flights to/from Australia.

It's only like an hour flight, don't think people will mind. They can still have some extra perks in Firefly. As long as there is good seamless connectivity between MH and Firefly, shouldn't be a problem.

Not really, I think MH is doing quite well on this route, mostly offering the connectivity from Europe and Aus...

Maybe not much premium capacity, but mostly are leisure passengers. Maybe MH can keep one/two flights to themselves to cater for premium pax and transfer the rest to FY.

In general guest in Malaysia's 5 star resort doesn't mean they are premium guest. Malaysia's hotel offers one of the cheapest rate in the region hence tourist who can afford to stay in 5* resort not necessary are premium guest

just my 2 cents :pardon:

why can't FY fly from Subang? it easier for us...

just checked from the website, they do have flight from subang to langkawi....

They already have a flight from SZB via ATR72-500. I think from KLIA will be operated by B734/8. It's a good new route for tourist just landed at KLIA and wanna have a flight direct to LGK from KLIA besides choose Malaysia Airlines or AirAsia.

just checked from the website, they do have flight from subang to langkawi....

SZB only for ATR, not B737

Just got a replied from Firefly regarding this new route KUL-LGK on FB.

Firefly Airlines Thank you for considering Firefly. This is a seasonal route from Dec 2011 to end of March, 2012. We hope you'll enjoy it.

I think If the FY flight is canceled their flights will replace with the MH flight... :rolleyes:

Edited by aish

Can consider for LIMA 2011.

Can consider for LIMA 2011.

Good idea :D

LIMA 2011 http://www.lima.com.my/ will be held on 6 - 10 Dec 2011 and just now try a dummy booking during LIMA period costly below RM200 for return without standard set of services.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

So is this plan still on or off?

If off, what is the solution for those who have purchased ticket for KUL-LGK vv with FY?

- Transfer to FY's SZB-LGK vv

- Transfer to MH's KUL-LGK vv

- Transfer to Sapphire's KUL-LGK vv

- Transfer to Langkawi with express bus and ferry by land and water via Kuala Kedah or Kuala Perlis

- Full refund

???

Guess the most sensible option is #2. Still, I can't imagine the looks on the affected passengers' faces should FY were to include option #4.

So is this plan still on or off?

If off, what is the solution for those who have purchased ticket for KUL-LGK vv with FY?

- Transfer to FY's SZB-LGK vv

- Transfer to MH's KUL-LGK vv

- Transfer to Sapphire's KUL-LGK vv

- Transfer to Langkawi with express bus and ferry by land and water via Kuala Kedah or Kuala Perlis

- Full refund

???

No news from FY yet but hopefuly they choose either #1 or #2 as the solution because as we know LIMA will be held on this December.

I received an email from FY today and apparently they are settling with option #5.

Flight FYXXX and FYXXX has been suspended. We will refund your purchase. For more info plz call 603 7845 4543.

So hopefully the crediting will be prompt.

I received an email from FY today and apparently they are settling with option #5.

So hopefully the crediting will be prompt.

They don't transfer to MH flight or FY operated by ATR? Maybe because of fully pax due to LIMA show I guess.

So I goes some of the Mwings members who bought the FY ticket may not attend LIMA at all.

Sign in to follow this