MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Hong Kong Airlines to Launch Hong Kong Flights to Kota Kinabalu

I am not sure if this has been posted before. If it has, please merge it with the existing thread.

Anyway, the first service will commence on 22 Apr 2011 with just two flights a week initially. The schedules are as follow :

Hong Kong - Kota Kinabalu

Flight No : UO715

Days : .2..5..

STD : 1205

STA : 1505

A/C : Boeing 737-800

Kota Kinabalu - Hong Kong

Flight No : UO716

Days : .2..5..

STD : 1550

STA : 1835

A/C : Boeing 737-800

yeah, Waiping did post earlier in Observation Hill. anyway, few days back my dad read in the paper that Hong Kong Airline going to use Airbus 737-800 to Kota Kinabalu by April 22. :lol:

yeah, Waiping did post earlier in Observation Hill. anyway, few days back my dad read in the paper that Hong Kong Airline going to use Airbus 737-800 to Kota Kinabalu by April 22. :lol:

I am interested to try this airline out sometime. Any ideas what's the air fare like ? Their website shows only the fully flexible fare which is so freaking expensive at around RM2700/pax :crazy: I haven't come across any promotional ads for Hong Kong Airlines in local newspaper thus far.

Anyway, i really hope they will succeed here just like KA/MH :)

I am interested to try this airline out sometime. Any ideas what's the air fare like ? Their website shows only the fully flexible fare which is so freaking expensive at around RM2700/pax :crazy: I haven't come across any promotional ads for Hong Kong Airlines in local newspaper thus far.

Anyway, i really hope they will succeed here just like KA/MH :)

my dad found it on Si Hua daily.

I believe you will have to contact local travel agents for getting the flight at cheaper fare, much like Dragonair.

New direct flights from Hong Kong to Sabah

Posted By emmor On April 7, 2011 @ 9:36 AM In Sabah

KOTA KINABALU: Hong Kong Express, which is under Hong Kong Airlines, will begin direct flights to Sabah to bring in more international tourists.

Hong Kong Express provides normal commercial flights and is active in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Hong Kong Airlines sales manager for Malaysia David Wooi revealed the news yesterday, saying that the company was honoured to offer direct flight routes from Hong Kong to Kota Kinabalu.

The maiden flight will depart at 12.05pm on April 22, from Hong Kong Airport and arrives at Kota Kinabalu International Airport at 3.05pm the same day. The aircraft will subsequently depart at 3.50pm from Kota Kinabalu and reaching Hong Kong at 6.35pm.

Hong Kong Express is currently offering direct flights twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The airline will use the Airbus 737-800 which provides eight business class seats and 156 economy seats.

The company is based in Hong Kong. Among the routes it services are from Hong Kong to China, Japan, Taiwan, Moscow, Singapore, Bangkok, Vietnam and Bali.

Currently there are only three airlines servicing this route, including Malaysia Airlines, Dragonair and AirAsia.

It was learnt that Popular Express travel agency in Kota Kinabalu had chartered the Hong Kong Express in the past to bring in tourists from Hong Kong and China.

It is expected that Hong Kong Express will bring in more tourists from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, as well as making it more convenient for locals who wish to visit the three countries.

Sabah currently has six overseas airlines providing direct flights from Kota Kinabalu to international destinations, including Dragonair, Asiana Airlines, Korean Air, Silk Air and Cebu Pacific

Sourced from The Borneo Post: http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=115730

What kind of aircraft is "Airbus 737-800"? :rofl:

Reporters.... sigh... speechless

Apparently next up could be Mandatin Airlines doing the TPE run :)

That is awesome if true. MAS is so expensive and the timing of their BKI/TPEvv flights is terrible.

MAS is so expensive and the timing of their BKI/TPEvv flights is terrible.

I will opine that AK's schedule is probably better for people hoping to get something done (work or otherwise) at their destination :)

Mandarin Airlines has a fleet of Embraer E-series aircrafts. :)

Jungle jets have the legs to do TPE-BKI without some 'topping up' enroute ? :)

I will opine that AK's schedule is probably better for people hoping to get something done (work or otherwise) at their destination :)

Spot on !!!

Jungle jets have the legs to do TPE-BKI without some 'topping up' enroute ? :)

Yes. They do. The version of E90 AE is operating has the longest range of all the E90 series on offered. It has a range of up to 4,448km and the distance of BKI-TPE is only half of that. Would be really cool to fly this regional jet all the way from BKI to TPE. If it does happen, i believe it will land in Songshan Airport rather than Taoyuan Airport which is even better as Songshan is much nearer to the city centre. One can use the Taiwan High-speed Rail to get to the city too as the train stops right outside of the airport whereas if you want to go to Taoyuan Airport using the Taiwan High-speed Rail service, you'll need to transfer to a bus before reaching the airport.

Edited by Isaac