MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Tanjung Manis (TGC/WBGT),Mukah,Sarawak

Guys,presenting you the Tanjung Manis Airport (TGC/WBGT),Mukah,Sarawak.

5519737694_7eefa0abdd_z.jpg

First time seeing a warning in Melanau dialect;a unique experience indeed!:

5519739348_bd92e3e156_z.jpg

Main Terminal Building (MTB):

5519159485_0b02817a90_z.jpg

Control Tower:

5519159851_7d9290bf8f_z.jpg

VIP Lounge:

5519161633_b75051f47f_z.jpg

The Launching Plaque of TGC:

5519163535_4e01383540_z.jpg

Lastly,the flight timetable.For those wishing to experience Twin Otter flight,do check on MASwings website:

5519165689_8cb57d5155_z.jpg

MASwings operates 2 daily flights to TGC from KCH,using Twin Otter plane.At that time,the airport was empty.

Thanks for viewing.

You're welcome Bang Fitri; Yes it is,Tanjung Manis is a new town,still under constant development as it was designated as the Halal Hub.

Dean: It used to be,but now it's now officially under the jurisdiction of Mukah Division.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

2 flights from kuching?

From what have been written there, there are only 1 departure and 1 arrival.

Ah,sorry for the error.Thanks for reminding me.

tamizi

is TANJUNG MANIS similar to once upon a time TANJUNG MANI? I used to read Tanjung Mani somewhere during my childhood time, but it has dissapeared from the atlas!

tamizi

is TANJUNG MANIS similar to once upon a time TANJUNG MANI? I used to read Tanjung Mani somewhere during my childhood time, but it has dissapeared from the atlas!

Affendi,

Yes,it's the same place,but they've decided to add up an 'S' to the current name.But Sarawakians still calling it Tanjung Mani,but Tanjung Manis sounds better,in order to avoid misunderstanding.

Nice town,as development was in full swing there.One advice though; There are few road signs,so you could end up lost in somewhere!

Capt.Radzi: Yes,i've remembered a photo taken by you in A.net.

If you're flying KCH-SBW,perhaps you can spot the airport from the sky.I've remembered seeing it couple of times while i was a frequent flyer back then.During the opening of the airport,it was operated by Vision Air Malaysia,and later by Hornbill Skyways.After that MASwings launched a scheduled flight to TGC.

thanks to tamizi...

it clears up my mind!

true indeed, it sounds better but why not they just stick to the original name! unique!

just like JANDA BAIK?

or IMAM LAPAR?

the runway does look quite long.... i wouldnt say 734 capable but could it take bizjets like the lear?

Yes it can; The Cessna Citation X did land at TGC on several occasions.

thanks to tamizi...

it clears up my mind!

true indeed, it sounds better but why not they just stick to the original name! unique!

just like JANDA BAIK?

or IMAM LAPAR?

Quite a few place names in sarawak have been changed as the original name is deemed to be quite vulgar in the local sarawak dialect. A few examples tg. mani to tg. manis, nonok to asajaya, tai parit lake to tasek biru, binatang to bintangor,

Any picture of the check-in counter and arrival hall? Very rare indeed...

Since we are in hurry (as 2 of the bridges connecting the Tanjung Manis-Sibu Highway are closed at 1700hrs for safety reason),so there's no photos of the check-in counter and arrival hall.Sorry for that Cikgu.