MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad Othman

Emirates to buy manufacturer Airbus.

Emirates to buy manufacturer Airbus. Boeing may also be target. It could be true ...

24th December, 2010

© Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation

EMIRATES AIRLINE HAS ANNOUNCED PLANS TO BUY European aircraft manufacturer Airbus. A spokesman for the Gulf carrier, which boasts a massive order book with Airbus of more than 90 A380s and 70 A350s, said: “We believe this will be a sound move for all concerned."

"We decided that we were spending so much time negotiating with Airbus for aircraft purchases that we could save ourselves a lot of wasted time by simply buying the manufacturer.”

An Airbus spokesman, confirming the bid from Emirates, said “This is an industry first and just one more example of the sort of consolidation many have been talking about. We're very excited."

Will Toulouse now relocate next to ski park and the Louvre?

EK.jpg.png

In response to enquiries, Boeing declined to comment, but did confirm that Emirates had a lot of orders with them too. An Eximbank official when contacted suggested that low interest loans might be available if Emirates were to buy the US manufacturer.

Meanwhile, rumours that the other major UAE airline, Etihad, was planning to buy Air Canada could not be confirmed.

A spokesman for Rolls Royce said nothing.

Source

Arab Money, crazy, greedy....I wonder what are they going to do with their 90 A380s

Edited by Muhammad Othman

Wow, a satire or what?...

From the looks of it, yeah. Among the stories in the section:

"Alaskan introduces new moose baggage rule as Sarah Palin promotes red blooded tourism"

"European Commission to introduce annual Ash Cloud Day. Snowstorms being considered too"

"Spanglish to be BA-IB official language"

CAPA's got a sense of humour.

An interesting development and certainly will paint a new landscape in aircraft manufacturing industry ......

I am looking forward to see a development of 'SKYKINGDOM' by Emirates in the future ........ :blink:

:hi:

"We decided that we were spending so much time negotiating with Airbus for aircraft purchases that we could save ourselves a lot of wasted time by simply buying the manufacturer.”

Like that one hor?..... [just like that?] :blink:

Since I need to pay for parking each time I go to the mall, I could save the parking fee by buying the whole mall. Heh!

Any takers?

I did not know April's fool arrived early this year.....pardon.gif

you mean late. unless you are talking about next year.

Edited by fendy

Sign in to follow this