MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Imran K.

Emirates to Addis Ababa

Hey guys...nothing surprising here...

Emirates has re-affirmed its commitment to East Africa with the announcement of a launch of services to the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa.

From March 27 Emirates will start flying to Addis Ababa three times a week.

Subsequently the Dubai-Addis Ababa service will be enhanced to daily operations from 1st December 2006.

As of now...the A330-200 series will be deployed on this route..with plans to implement the 777-300ER (High Density version) by the time the frequency increases to daily.

I think their next step is South America with Argentina on top of the list...........and Emirates will be the next airline to serve to all 6 continents.

Edited by Seth K

I think their next step is South America with Argentina on top of the list...........and Emirates will be the next airline to serve to all 6 continents.

They're aiming for SAO PAULO first...as it is the economical and financial centre of Brazil. :)

Jamie...

DXB-IPH ah....see first la...but dont be surprised if PEN comes online... :D

Next is Malacca :rolleyes:

If only Malacca had at least a runway which is big enough for 737 :D . there's Batu Berendam Air Field about 10 minutes from my apartment, only for light planes.

Azuddin

BKI, LBU, SDK, TWU, MYY, SBW, KCH and *drumroll* the 1st ever Emirates to LHD... hahahhahaha

Emirates is really expanding like spores on a bread.

Edited by Adrian M

If only Malacca had at least a runway which is big enough for 737 :D . there's Batu Berendam Air Field about 10 minutes from my apartment, only for light planes.

Azuddin

since ur studying at Melaka....im assuming ur staying near the BBU apartments?

everyday can see light aircraft approaching the airfield...am i right?

Imran,

Dahla tu......think we're closing on to the "Emirates to Ipoh" thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

They'll need to lengthen the runway and a host of other facilities before they can receive a wide-body.

since ur studying at Melaka....im assuming ur staying near the BBU apartments?

everyday can see light aircraft approaching the airfield...am i right?

you got that right. I study at MMU and i stay at Emerald Park which is just 5 minutes walk from MMU front enterance. I did go to BBU apartment like once a week for group discussion and could see them approaching the field.

I can see so many light flight everyday, something like PC-7, Cessna Skylane, and a lot more. I'm really hoping if the BB airport get bigger and start accept Domestic flight by Air Asia and MAS. MMU and BBU gonna be a nice spotting location. :D :D

Azuddin

BKI, LBU, SDK, TWU, MYY, SBW, KCH and *drumroll* the 1st ever Emirates to LHD... hahahhahaha

Emirates is really expanding like spores on a bread.

is that the pix of Emirate appear in LHD? :p

Ok..got word from the Sheikh...

DXB-IPH...we asked me where the hell Ipoh was....so i said in Perak...he said the A340 might rip off the rudder of the 737 parked there... :lol:

DXB-PEN...he said can...but only if he can sponsor the Malaysian Football Squad at the World Cup... :lol:

DXB-MKZ...he said only if ATR can build him an extended range ATR72 which carries 200 passengers....but other than that...no go guys... :lol: Also...if Azuddin can sponsor Roti John..the sheikh will upgrade to daily flights...

DXB- East Malaysia...he said only Kuching and Kota Kinabalu....Kuching because he wants Ignatius, Nick, and Delwin to take gambar of his A340-500...and Kota Kinabalu because he likes the name... :lol:

DXB-TWU is on the table...but only if Ken stops drinking like a damn Camel and starts feeling happy for once... :D :D

P.S: its all fictional...if anybody thinks its real...may God help you.... :lol:

DXB-IPH...we asked me where the hell Ipoh was....so i said in Perak...he said the A340 might rip off the rudder of the 737 parked there... :lol:

if that could happen to IPH, i beg it would be worst if it's happen to malacca. i beg a340 gonna rip apart the entire air field, maybe rip up MMU :D :D .

Azuddin

if that could happen to IPH, i beg it would be worst if it's happen to malacca. i beg a340 gonna rip apart the entire air field, maybe rip up MMU :D :D .

Azuddin

Let's face it people, EK won't fly to ipoh, melaka, kuantan, kota bahru, kuala terengganu, tawau, miri or etc. Let just pray for any of these- PEN, BKI and KCH.................. :)

emirates should fly once daily DXB-KUL with 773ER,

once daily DXB-SZB with 772, and once daily DXB-Sg Besi with 332

that should cover KL and the Klang Valley nicely....

emirates should fly once daily DXB-KUL with 773ER,

once daily DXB-SZB with 772, and once daily DXB-Sg Besi with 332

that should cover KL and the Klang Valley nicely....

i agree about KUL, but not sure about Sg Besi. if it land from one side, there's gonna be a jet blast on the highway crossover. if it landing from another side, there's gonna be a jet blast on the KTM Commuter. and the runway is maybe just enough for 737 to do touch and go. it's gonna be a great spotting place if EK go to sg-besi.

Also...if Azuddin can sponsor Roti John..the sheikh will upgrade to daily flights...

OK, if the sheikh want Roti John, make EK flight to Malacca for reason to come visit me daily :D :D Roti John is only RM1.50 in front of my apartment :lol: :lol:

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

i agree about KUL, but not sure about Sg Besi.

NOT SURE :lol: , this will never materialized :lol:it is not a "NOT SURE", the answer is "NO", Sungai Besi even have a hard time to see Fokker, how come EK beast.......................lol :lol:

NOT SURE :lol: , this will never materialized :lol:it is not a "NOT SURE", the answer is "NO", Sungai Besi even have a hard time to see Fokker, how come EK beast.......................lol :lol:

you got that right, even A330 gonna rip off sungai besi airport off tha map. you know something about the runway, even the track i use for drag race is longer. :D

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this