MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Plane skids while landing

JOHOR BARU: Malaysia Airlines flight MH1051 from Kuala Lumpur skidded on the runway while landing at Senai Airport yesterday.

All 78 passengers and nine crew members were unhurt.

"The aircraft arrived at 4.26pm and skidded while landing under heavy rain. It was brought to a stop safely on the runway.

"The aircraft has been towed to the parking area in the airport for repairs," said Malaysia Airlines operations director Captain Mohamed Azharuddin Osman.

It is learnt that several flights operated by other airlines were delayed by the incident.

Read more: Plane skids while landing http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/24mhs/Article#ixzz12wj6Gk00

JOHOR BARU: Malaysia Airlines flight MH1051 from Kuala Lumpur skidded on the runway while landing at Senai Airport yesterday.

All 78 passengers and nine crew members were unhurt.

"The aircraft arrived at 4.26pm and skidded while landing under heavy rain. It was brought to a stop safely on the runway.

"The aircraft has been towed to the parking area in the airport for repairs," said Malaysia Airlines operations director Captain Mohamed Azharuddin Osman.

It is learnt that several flights operated by other airlines were delayed by the incident.

Read more: Plane skids while landing http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/24mhs/Article#ixzz12wj6Gk00

How could the skid be serious enough to warrant repairs? Blown tyres?

i was seated at 26A..it was the most horrifying experience of my life...during landing it could be felt that the plane swayed left and right as sudden gust of wind hit the airport area..it was made worst when landing heavy downpour and heavy wind push the plane to the right..i could actually see the wing tilted upward before i bent down foreseeing the plane to turn turtle...then a loud bang and it came to a halt...everything which was not secured on the seats were thrown out..we waited for almost an hour before we were allowed to leave the plane right in the middle of the runway..as Senai doesnt have bus passengers were transferred in groups by van..once we were out of the plane only we realized that the right wheel broke as it skidded on the grass and the pilot managed to maneuver it back on the runway

i was seated at 26A..it was the most horrifying experience of my life...during landing it could be felt that the plane swayed left and right as sudden gust of wind hit the airport area..it was made worst when landing heavy downpour and heavy wind push the plane to the right..i could actually see the wing tilted upward before i bent down foreseeing the plane to turn turtle...then a loud bang and it came to a halt...everything which was not secured on the seats were thrown out..we waited for almost an hour before we were allowed to leave the plane right in the middle of the runway..as Senai doesnt have bus passengers were transferred in groups by van..once we were out of the plane only we realized that the right wheel broke as it skidded on the grass and the pilot managed to maneuver it back on the runway

Kudos to the pilots then! (Although they may have been at fault by they probably prevented a disaster too!)

Good to know you're OK.

thanks..i managed to capture a video after we left the plane..not really clear as i used my BB

the flight left KLIA 40 minutes late from its actual departure time...im not putting the blame on the pilot but the weather was really bad when we landed..im not sure if a go-around would be a better option...

Edited by Khalil Abd Halim

9M-MMI? perghhh ni kapal "hantu" ni... :blink: (ghost plane)

Emm.. How do you know the 9M-MMI is a ghost plane ;)

Got a picture from my uncle informing a emergency landing of a MAS 737-400 at Senai from KUL..any information bout it??

look at the gear..

5109859741_4118700135.jpg

Edited by Abdul Qayyum

Glad to know everyone is safe!

Talking about hitting lights, what actually happened to the China Airlines 737 rotating at the end of the runway, hitting lights sometime ago...?

Glad to know everyone is safe!

Talking about hitting lights, what actually happened to the China Airlines 737 rotating at the end of the runway, hitting lights sometime ago...?

It managed to take-off right at the last moment at rwy's end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21qZPaCRSQI

Also at same airport...look closely and you can see pilot exiting left window at same time of explosion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NODXtNqx0Qw

Sign in to follow this