MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

AK to charge for counter check-in

I hate queues! <_>

Those self check-in kiosks can be a complete pain at times. When I was recently in France, so many people had no idea about what to do and it held the whole process up, evenutally requiring an attendant to help them. They might as well have checked in at the counter... :angry:

On 2 Jan, my queue time in BKK at the self check-in bag drop counter was way looooooger than the usual check-in counter! Never again self check in for BKK, until compulsory fee to check-in at counter is introduced. Total waste of time for no reason whatsoever, without "service enhancement", the catch-phrase often used as a veil to charge customer more!

Just thinking back - last October I took a QZ flight from CGK to SIN. the check in queue was empty however the self serv kiosk and the baggage drop queue were quite big. A customer service agent and security tried to force me to queue up rather than use the check in desk which had no queue. Judging by the response I gave them I doubt that will try it again with me until it becomes mandatory.

I’m not a fan of the QZ ground staff at CGK owing to there being too many issues like this one.

Well guess what? Was on flight to HKG from BKI on 30 Dec and the self check-in kiosk, the one and only at BKI, was out of order. So the queue was pretty long and some tried desperately to check-in using their mobile phones. Not sure if they were successful as my own luggage drop process took about 1/2 hour. :(

And this is why I always check-in online and travel without check-in luggage. :drinks: Unless, of course, I'm flying business and the check-in counter does not have a queue. ;)

Sign in to follow this