MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Delwin A

WBGG Spotting 22/1/2006

Today I went spotting with Nick and Ignatius at a new location. Plenty of crosswind landings today.While pilots struggle to land in crosswinds, I struggle to get good shots in crosswinds, because I nearly 'flown' away by it too. As a result, most of my shots turned up blur mad.gif

When we about to arrive to the spot, a Fokker was about to touch down

user posted image

Then the C-130 arrived

user posted image

The rest of my C-130 was pretty bad though, nearly 'blown away' by the crosswinds sad.gif

Later, the DHT took off, heading to MKM

user posted image

user posted image

This F50 was heading to PNK if I'm not mistaken, judging from the direction after takeoff

user posted image

Do you see anything strange with this 734? rolleyes.gif

user posted image

Then the AK 320 arrived biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Delwin,

Is this 734 taxying like that, because of the strong crosswinds ? : reminds me how dogs walk laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Wah.. best best delwin.. Nick.. how's your shot? Or u bz with ur Hogan 73 and MpD hehe smile.gif . Guess thats the best present that i can help u get for this doggy doggy year.. smile.gif Mine will come in laterlah..

Ok, just to add in a lil to this thread, since we spotted together.. Weather wasn't the best, so we test our photography skills at bad light conditions hehe.. actually morning heavy rain lah, so when its sunny.. its already 330pm.. apa pun jadilah(anything will do).. as long as we click click planes

I caught notti boy earlier today... morning before it rained.. guess its an almost empty flight??

user posted image

This baby boeing seems normal at first.. but look carefully at the windows, it reads R R R R R mostly..optic illusion?

user posted image

Baby boeing MMM rotation shot..

user posted image

Bad weather nose shots.. hehe..

user posted image

Anyone can confirm who's captain and FO?

user posted image

A C130 came... seems boring.. until u see her on take off rolls..

user posted image

On touch down, she's almost blown to the left (notice right wing pitched up)

user posted image

MGF also poses for us hehe..This one for u Pieter

user posted image

And like said before..C130 is a beauty at take off rolls..

user posted image

user posted image

The best surprise is however this one.

user posted image

Diehard Spotter smile.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif cool.gif

Opps.. what happened to my pix size??problematic photobucket.. berlubang already i surpose.. Forgot to add this one anyway...

On Collision course on runways hehe

user posted image

And AFA.. Due to crosswinds.. u get this sort of tyre burning

user posted image

user posted image

Seen here 9M-MAB on hold... oops.. MAB security, better hide guys..

user posted image

tongue.gif tongue.gif

Edited by ignatius

Nice C-130 shot Iggy, at I got the pic of the C-130 before touchdown but it ended up blur sad.gif .

BTW seems that the diehard spotter forgot to remove the bag tongue.gif

Woah..great shots Iggy! Too bad about the horrible weather though...

Last time I was in Kuching...Nick (My fantastic, KFC-Loving, Pirate of a tour guide), Delwin and i went spotting...and suddenly..this HUGE CB formation started blowing towards the airport...it eventually passed over...but for what seemed like ages..we thought it was gonna pour cats, dogs and camels! laugh.gif laugh.gif

However...fantastic trip! Although at that time...the fence kacau us all la...didnt know about this new construction place hehe...

MGF also poses for us hehe..This one for u Pieter

user posted image

Thanks a lot, Ignatius, for including this fine Dutch product wink.gif

Isn't she sleak and sexy ??? laugh.gif

Indeed she is Pieter... that pose, says it all to well....

Delwin... the bag looks cool lah.. no need to remove... tongue.gif

Anybody got MMZ taking off around noon?

26170[/snapback]

Were you in KCH yesterday? blink.gif

Aisey, next time if come to KCH pvt msg us lah, then can spot u biggrin.gif (but I'm only free in the weekends )

Haha, answer is nope.. i was sleeping during noon Radzi... ,

Never caught MMZ before too, well give us a buzz next time hehe, if weather's good... I would spot u, and spot us back... pm anyone of us.. and sms us also not a problem... smile.gif

Thanks a lot, Ignatius, for including this fine Dutch product  wink.gif

Isn't she sleak and sexy ???  laugh.gif

26128[/snapback]

For Pieter only ? What about me? sad.gif

I'll be transfered to KCH on the 1st of Feb. Probably will be doing my endorsement flight on the 3rd or 4th on Feb. Not sure whether the circuit & landing will be done in KCH, BTU or SBW.. Hope to meet more KCH spotters soon!

Cheers!

For Pieter only ? What about me?  sad.gif 

I'll be transfered to KCH on the 1st of Feb. Probably will be doing my endorsement flight on the 3rd or 4th on Feb. Not sure whether the circuit & landing will be done in KCH, BTU or SBW.. Hope to meet more KCH spotters soon!

Cheers!

26274[/snapback]

Syidan:

Waseh... like tat have to leave the job to Nick and Delwin.. I'm still on holidays hehe... but will be around after 7 FEb.. will u still be around? We could really spot then hehe blink.gif What a/c will u be endorsing?

Seth:

Which part of it looks odd hehe.. it still flies though ... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by ignatius

Alamak,.. with just that in mind.. sure cant even stand on her one tiny puny gear.. what more to say fly hehe.. laugh.gif laugh.gif Really odd to me now tongue.gif

Syidan, if you wanna come to KCH you can pvt msg me. Who knows maybe can meet smile.gif (hopefully I'm free though)

Delwin,.. awal bangun??? hhehe.. where's the pix of the other diehard spotter? tongue.gif

Tengah studylah Iggy. Want the pix of the other spotter? I upload later-lah. Got test at 8 am dry.gif

Mayb the Force be with u,.. smile.gif , U'll need it. cool.gif . If u want any of my pix as background.. give me ur email.. the AKbus smoking tyre looks great as background.. smile.gif

Syidan, if you wanna come to KCH you can pvt msg me. Who knows maybe can meet smile.gif (hopefully I'm free though)

26321[/snapback]

I'll be in KCH on the 1st of Feb. Will be doing the F50 convertion. But still dunno at which airport. I will be based in KCH for the next few years though.

Wao, thats cool to us, the next few years we will spot ur landings and take offs hehe.. will be good memory for u then.. U got some equipment for taking pix rite smile.gif Spot us back with it.. I wonder how we look like from the taxiway holding point

Another diehard spotter

user posted image

KCH terminal from the spotting location

user posted image

This thing reminds me of the old days

user posted image

The only part of the old terminal left sad.gif

user posted image

Gate 2- In memoriam

user posted image

Diehard kah itu tongue.gif, no camera in hand pun? Wonder where he put it?? I think he's thinking how to get over the low fence there.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sign in to follow this